Joshua Tree July 24th at O.C. Fair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last year in the middle of the set we did a tribute to the 25 Anniversary of The Unforgettable Fire. Any suggestions on what we should do this year??

10th anniversary (nearly) of ATYCLB or 30th anniversary (nearly) of Boy. If you went the ATYCLB route, you could do "Wild Honey" :D

Whatever you guys come up with will be awesome! Can't wait for the show.

Kinda caught me off guard. You were like, "Dayummm." :lol:
that really looks like the way I say it :lol:

well you gave me a dirty look when I cheered at the idea of Roscoes so I guess we're even? :scratch:

Last year in the middle of the set we did a tribute to the 25 Anniversary of The Unforgettable Fire. Any suggestions on what we should do this year??

of course all that's coming to mind are unforgettable fire songs...I'd love to hear a sort of homecoming or wire. :heart:

I like dev's ATYCLB idea... minus wild honey :wink:

What was going on in years ending in 0?

1980 = Boy
1990 = U2 were finishing up the Lovetown tour (Rattle & Hum album)
2000 = All That You Can't Leave Behind

Maybe a mix of the three? 7-8 songs from each?: Boy (earlier tunes), Lovetown/R&H (Hawkmoon, God Part II, All I Want Is You, Heartland, Van Diemen's Land and ATYCLB?

Maybe?

If you do something like this "When I Look At The World" could be f*%$ing amazing. Just saying.

Win/Win?

Hadn't noticed. :lol:

That is one that would be grea if U2 put back in the set for the remainder of the 360 tour.

MAYBE... if Joshua Tree plays it... U2 will follow suit?

I typically attend 8-10 shows per tour, and I always hope to hear it, despite being 100% sure it's folly to think it's gonna happen.....but, if they can break out The Unforgettable Fire, or, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and Electric Co during the Vertigo Tour, then anything is possible.

Let's just say that I was heading to Salt Lake City with hope in my heart. :)

Oh it's on baby, it's on. And it's recording too. Hubby is at work and don't know when he'll be back. I'll be leaving the computer shortly.

I love "Wild Honey," but Chas and Jason have been nice enough to play it for me twice, so I understand if they never want to play it again.

"A Sort of Homecoming" :up:

It's sweet how your face lights up but that's the only good part :wink:

wth just happened in Boston :(
Carlos were you wearing your jersey?

Not the part when everyone moves off the floor to get beer or use the restroom as soon as the song starts? :lol:

I'll probably be getting my ticket next week, pay day Tuesday.

I hope they play "Wild Honey". :up:

Reminds me of The Beatles for some reason. I think it's a good tune. Maybe a bit un-U2 but still good.

Plus, if it makes Dev smile, how could that be bad - right?

:edge:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom