Joshua Tree / EXIT show 01-01-05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of yous guys & gals planning to stay somewhere nearby that night? :scratch: I don't know what's around that area :shrug: Help meeeeeeeeeeee

:wave: (I'm sittin at my desk surfin the net at work & listening to my new EXIT cd...THANKS CHRISTINE!!!!)

We're going but I'm not too sure we're staying...but BAW may have the last word...I didn't see any local motels or hotels along that stretch of Fairfax..I wouldn't even dare trying to price a Beverly Hills hotel...we still have plenty of time.

Awesome! Only problem is, I have to work the next day. SUCKS. Maybe I will try and get the day off.

Um for you out of towners, I would suggest the Summerfield Suites West Hollywood. It's about 1.5 miles from there. I stayed there this summer and it's very nice. You can get 4 people in a room easily. I think a rate that night is 199.00.
Unfortunately, you won't get a decent hotel in that area for much under that. If you want to drive about 5 miles or so, you can get a hotel in Hollywood for less.

I'm lucky I only live 25 minutes from there!

my fear of driving to los angeles is much greater than my love of JT. i'll have to sit this one out. maybe next time.

*kicks self for being a wus*

icelle said:
my fear of driving to los angeles is much greater than my love of JT. i'll have to sit this one out. maybe next time.

*kicks self for being a wus*

I refuse to take the stage unless you're there so you better find a ride!!!:sad:

Ok, I don't want to put that kind of pressure on you. I will perform just this once without you there, but next time..... :shame:

oktobergirl said:
Awesome! Only problem is, I have to work the next day. SUCKS. Maybe I will try and get the day off.

Um for you out of towners, I would suggest the Summerfield Suites West Hollywood. It's about 1.5 miles from there. I stayed there this summer and it's very nice. You can get 4 people in a room easily. I think a rate that night is 199.00.
Unfortunately, you won't get a decent hotel in that area for much under that. If you want to drive about 5 miles or so, you can get a hotel in Hollywood for less.

I'm lucky I only live 25 minutes from there!

Thanks! I will look into the Summerfield Suites! People, get your sleeping bags ready! We can bunk up and save $$$....all I need is a couple hours of shut eye an I'm good to drive back to SD the next day! :crazy:

Carek1230 said:

Thanks! I will look into the Summerfield Suites! People, get your sleeping bags ready! We can bunk up and save $$$....all I need is a couple hours of shut eye an I'm good to drive back to SD the next day! :crazy:

Count myself and Jase in for sharing hotel rooms. How many can we possibly fit in one room?

No feckin way are we driving back to Temecula from LA.

Celticfc said:

Count myself and Jase in for sharing hotel rooms. How many can we possibly fit in one room?

Better remember to get yer stash before the 2a.m. cutoff this time mate! Americans, what light weight fairies we are.

Just a word of advice on getting rooms for this gig...please remember that the Rose Bowl is played on 01/01/05 and that the team from the Big 12 has not yet been announced; typically this happens after next weeks games.....now, once that college is named, these rooms in LA and surrounding areas are gonna be GONE!!!!!

BAW and I have already settled on a room in Beverly Hills; if you're gonna commit to a room, get together with whomever and settle on a place 'cause I guarantee it won't last long...

HINT - check expedia.com....search for West Los Angeles, West Hollywood/Beverly Hills. click on the map and check how close you are to the venue....see you guys there!

Bono B. Jones said:

Better remember to get yer stash before the 2a.m. cutoff this time mate! Americans, what light weight fairies we are.

You would think in Scotland you can buy bevvy at anytime during the day. It just doesnt happen. Off Sales(drink shops) close at 11pm.
When I came over here and found out they sold beer in Garages, I couldnae believe it.
Its probably because over here you dont have a big drinkin culture. In Scotland community life revovled around the local pub.

Celticfc said:

I figure we can squeeze about 8 people in a room!! How many did you guys have in your room last time, 4? We must, however, instill bathroom etiquette! Who is going to really sleep anyways? And yeah, better bring some bevvys with us for the after party! :wink:

ALL WON'T BE QUIET ON NEW YEAR'S DAY :lol:

Mr. BAW said:
Just a word of advice on getting rooms for this gig...please remember that the Rose Bowl is played on 01/01/05 and that the team from the Big 12 has not yet been announced; typically this happens after next weeks games.....now, once that college is named, these rooms in LA and surrounding areas are gonna be GONE!!!!!

BAW and I have already settled on a room in Beverly Hills; if you're gonna commit to a room, get together with whomever and settle on a place 'cause I guarantee it won't last long...

HINT - check expedia.com....search for West Los Angeles, West Hollywood/Beverly Hills. click on the map and check how close you are to the venue....see you guys there!

THANK YOU BAW's!!!!

night_and_day66 said:
Carek1230 said:

We must, however, instill bathroom etiquette!

Um, your gonna wanna talk to Gary and Jason about that.
Lets all make a pact right now to not comsume any gas/shit inducing food products the day of and prior.

lmao.

hmmmm

New Years Day+JT+Molly Malones+Irish Pub+Guinness(15 pints of)+Cabbage+Hotel+8 people in a room+one toilet=Garys finest moment.

night_and_day66 said:
Carek1230 said:

We must, however, instill bathroom etiquette!

Um, your gonna wanna talk to Gary and Jason about that.
Lets all make a pact right now to not comsume any gas/shit inducing food products the day of and prior.

lmao.

OK, Gary's on his own here. I waited to defile Marie Calendars the next day out of respect for everyone, remember!

Also, I won't be staying out in LA that night, so you all have fun without me.:sad: :madspit:

If you are going to do 8 to a room, you might not wanna do summerfield, then. It's a small hotel where you have to walk by the front desk dude, and it's in a residential neighborhood. I.e. they probly won't look too kindly on late night partying.

You might be better off at a hotel in Hollywood where there is no problem partyin' till the week hours. Granted, Hollywood can be a little seedy but at least you won't get kicked out.

We slept 4 at Summerfield with no problem but 8 could be stretchin' it. Good luck!

And hey, if the 2nd is Sunday, then Yay, I won't have to work and can watch the whole set. Canter's is great for the after party/feast.

Mmmmm pastrami....

Yes, Canter's is 24 hours, but I'll be damn lucky to make to the end of the set, school night or not. I'll probably be there before, snarfing pickles so I have pickle breath!

I'm going to sleep in my own comfy Steve-filled bed that night! :cute:

martha said:
, but I'll be damn lucky to make to the end of the set, school night or not.

I'm the same way. I fall asleep at before 10pm most nights, so staying up that late is going to be interesting. Geez, I am getting old... nah, that's not it. It's the damn dayjob!

Jason... oh Jason...

I wonder who is going to be in San Diego from December 30 to January 4, staying with Karen?

ABEL, I found a deal at Travelocity, but good luck. They are going fast, and deals will pop up unexpectedly. Plus too that's why I had to spread out my days. There's no way of flying in on the 1st and turning around and going right back. It's double the price.

This is what I'm going to expect from Jason since I am one of the official PR ASSistants you know!

snl_140.jpg

snl_142.jpg

snl_143.jpg

Allegra said:
Jason... oh Jason...

I wonder who is going to be in San Diego from December 30 to January 4, staying with Karen?

ABEL, I found a deal at Travelocity, but good luck. They are going fast, and deals will pop up unexpectedly. Plus too that's why I had to spread out my days. There's no way of flying in on the 1st and turning around and going right back. It's double the price.

you suck for going without me :madspit: :laugh: :scream: :sigh: :sad:

ABEL said:

you suck for going without me :madspit: :laugh: :scream: :sigh: :sad:

Oh, ABEL.....sweetheart, you will feel the love all the way from California to Texas I promise. I'll be sure to send Allegra home with something special for you. :hug:

We wish you could be here too.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom