Join ONE on World AIDS Day (1 Dec) in Austin TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi EveryONE,

I know that a lot of people are posting about the Vertigo concerts but I hope that there will be a few people still interested in ONE activities at this time of year also.

I have just posted on the ONE site an outreach opportunity that I will be a part of on World AIDS Day in my community as a ONE volunteer:

http://action.one.org/dia/organizations/one/event/distributedEvent.jsp?event_KEY=2058

World AIDS Day Remembrance

Come and join us at a free community breakfast where we will gather to remember the millions around the world who have unnecessarily died of AIDS.

Time - 7:30am to 9:30am

ONE will have an info and sign up booth at this event.

Address
4301 N. IH 35 (the Wright House)

Directions
Check local internet maps for driving instructions. (Just north of the Fiesta grocery store.)

If you're in our area, please feel free to come and join us!

ONE in the Spirit, debbie :up:

Thanks Jamila! I will be at a U2 tribute show Dec 1st but I will talk to them before the show and have them mention ONE and AIDS day. :up: Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
Thanks Jamila! I will be at a U2 tribute show Dec 1st but I will talk to them before the show and have them mention ONE and AIDS day. :up: Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

You're very welcomed, Karen. :wave:

I'm just really glad that you're going to bring the significance of World AIDS Day to the concert.

That is very cool of you. :rockon:

Take good care of yourself.

Just a reminder:

(from www.one.org)

Fact Sheet: AIDS and Extreme Poverty

AIDS AND EXTREME POVERTY: CRISIS AND OPPORTUNITY

The Emergency: AIDS and Extreme Poverty

More than 1 billion people around the world live on less than $1 a day.

A child dies every three seconds from AIDS and extreme poverty.

Africa has been hit harder by the HIV/AIDS virus than any other region of the world. Sub-Saharan Africa is home to over 70% of the total world HIV-positive population.

Over one billion people do not have access to clean water.

The Opportunity: What are we already doing to help?

Thanks to U.S. support, over 400,000 people with HIV/AIDS are receiving lifesaving anti-retroviral treatment and at least another 500,000 would also receive such assistance in 2006 if the U.S. approves at least $3.6b for HIV/AIDS in its budget.
----------------------------------

This Friday, 1 December, is World AIDS Day.

What will you be DOING to remember the millions of lives around the world already unnecessarily lost to HIV/AIDS

and to make sure that millions more living in extreme poverty do NOT suffer the same fate?

There are many things that we can all do.

Please find your way to help ONE. :up: :bonodrum:

On Friday, 1 December, the newly formed ONE group of the University of Texas (Austin) will be active for World AIDS Day:

"We will have a table on the West Mall this Friday for World Aids Day
and we need all the help we can get. If you're available to help
table, we will be there from 11-2."

We will have ONE info, sign up sheets, whitebands and some GAP info on (RED) to help further inform the UT campus of who we are and what we plan on doing next semester.

We already have three outreach events in the planning stages for next semester on campus. :dance:

What are you DOING on World AIDS Day? :bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom