India wale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey man this Beautiful day is truly awsome.Its all what we wanted,but those were not my first reactions and I tell you what if ya ahven't downloaded it don't do so as the quality is really pathetic and and I can't make out what is going on in the background.But all in all a really cool song with some really chilling lyrics,I think U2 has never done anything like this.The song is pretty song and is bound to grow on you the more you listen the more you'll like it.
And one thing I must say,agreed Bono can't hit high's comfortably anymore,but I don't think so The Edge can take on lead vocals,see there's more to singing then say hitting Flat B,I think the emotions which Bono displays is immaculate I think no one and I mean no one can match that.U2 would never be U2 without Bono,singing high or not.I think part where he says Touch me....thats fucking awsoem man its Bono of the 80's no altered vocals just pure emotions and punch.The Edge no doubt has improved as a vocalist but as lead vocalist no no way.Bono still can churn magic with his angel like voice all the soul that this song has won't be there without Bono's now delicate but yet intense voice.The best example of this is during the Omagh tribute concert Bono san North and South Of River and in the last chorus he just did hhmmm...hhhmmmm....hmmm and that captured the song for me.

Anyway I guess you've downloaded Lady With The Spinning head and Where Did It go wrong? I recommend the extended dance version of the former and Night and Day Steel String remix, both are equally good.And I think the zoonation.com has a better version of Beautiful Day.

BTW were'ya here today???

come on we are on at the same time,get your butt on chat now!!

Today finally I was able to accept the song in its entirity.But you're right the quality of the mp3 sucks so you cant hear the whole band and all the instruments.We'll have to wait another few days to actually hear it.But it still rocks.You know its deeper than it seems.Check out the thread 'love BD,but how does it fit in with Jubilee'.

OK lets dicuss the song.You first,I told you before.

Hey tomtom man MTV will air VMA 2000 on the 9th at 8pm IST and It will also air pre show, so I guess I will be watching tv.

Anyways this chat aint workin for me man, so I'll drop my ICQ num nad hope you've it too so we can atleast chat,I'm really lookin forward to it,as sometimes in writting you miss the moment, so here it is ICQ#74785008.

looking for a chat soon!!!!

Hey tomtom man sorry I was away for a while I'm back today so sorry if I caused ya any inconvenience.

BTW check out the ripped from CD version BD sound absolutely awsome man.If ya liked that crappy radio one then my guess is ya'll like this one more than by 20%.

Hey gotta go now but more will follow soon.

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 09-04-2000).]

Hey ishkash,I hate you man.Got your attention didnt it?You know you posted that day when you saw all those videos on V and MTV,I could only catch EBTTRT on Classic.I dont even get V,thats the biggest problem.MTV basically only plays music videos at night.

I am thinking of ordering the BD single with the B-Sides from CDNow or somewhere.It only costs $4.50.But shipping costs might be high.So do you know anyone coming from there?Maybe you could tell them or something or order it yourself,Ill pay you or you can tape it and send it to me.Tell me if its possible,I dont want to miss out on Bsides.

BTW I just downloaded the BD video.Its definitely one of the better videos they have done,probabably in terms of collness is with Discotheque.However the resolution isnt that great.You can get it from u2log.com.Only thing I dont like about it is that they show a guy and girl kissing a lot,I felt they could have shown something deeper than just kissing.It seems a bit superficial.

And the moment you catch the BD video on TV,WRITE AND TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!You're always the first to see such things!!!

I have started taking guitar classes!!I just bought a guitar(acoustic),and I set the bass line of WOWY.Once I learn all the notes,Ill try to get guitar chords from the Internet.

So now having heard BD enough times,it has grown on me completely for me to accept it,and I now feel that it is a great song,just needs time for people because its so rich in its sound,like GBHF was with so many instruments and effects,that to fully appreciate it,you have to listen to it many many times.Thats why Im worried that most people may not like it.Im hoping people find the video cool,that way it can catch on.
But the song itself is very inspiring,the last few days I have taken a lot of ideas from the song,and it has made me feel better.So its a feel good song,but this feel good lasts forever,not like 5 minutes.Feel good in the truest sense,not poppy.I still like the last part the best,when I hear it I get all pumped up with Bonos vocals,they have a lot of passion.This is what I want in the new album,I think however his voice is if it has this passion it will be great.I hope the spirit of the songs is not lost with all the production and sound effects,they should have that element of rawness.And they dont have to use strings in everything.The the only way to hear this song is to play it loud,really loud,its damn awesome.I like the part where he goes 'you thought you'd found a friend,to take you out of this place,someone you could lend a hand in return for grace'.I kind of relate to it.
This song gets me pumping.Now if only I could get it out of my PC and into my walkman/discman!i hat having to come to my Pc and listen to it everytime.

anyway please tell me what you think of the song/video,and post ASAP.Did you get that job in Dominoes?

Its
biggrin.gif
a
biggrin.gif
Beautiful
biggrin.gif
Day
biggrin.gif

Beautiful Day, I think its a very straight forward song, but not that simple as it seems.Its like you have to feel this song...like you said that line You're of of luck(actually mine fave too)this Beautiful Day has to happen to you, untill then you won't realize how good it is.I think in the Lyric Analysis thread by Bubba I guess, some has drawn a lovely parallel between the song and Jubilee 2000,I recommend that worth reading.Actually that says most of the thing so I won't go into the detail analysis.But as for liking the song, on the first 10 or so listen I was hating it, those clips spoiled it for me,to me it was like listening to 3 songs forced into one.And that lovely bridge wasn't sitting well on that crappy version but after say 25th time I knew this was one of the better U2 songs, and now since I have the Cd quality mp3 thanks to U2LA I has potential to be a U2 classic.I think as you said after listening to it you won't be ecstatic but that feeling of joy seems to linger everytime the song goes up in your head.All in all I'm more than happy and I think this is going to be one great album,one of the best if not the best.(I mean all time by all artists).
As for B-Sides, don't worry good U2 fans would be putting up mp3 as soon as they'll get it in their hand or maybe even sooner.As for U2 losing money on this I know I usually buy more than a copy of a album.

As for the video, I have to say its one of their best.Again like the song very striaght forward yet intense and joyfull.Bono is the man in the video, his lill' antics are hillarious,funny yet not irritating.I think he's one of the most elegant performers out there.And how can I forget that Aeroplane taking off scene I think that will be the catch for the non fans.I think they paid Akerlund only for this much, the rest even I could have directed one.Its really easy just put up the guys infront of the camera and they'll do it for you.

So if I have to rate things then 7.5 for the song and and 7 for video(I'm very critical when rating things).Actually thats the way it should be remember we are fans not blinds,as much as we should love the band we should be ready for the constructive criticism.So that kissing scene,right now thats the only weakest scene on the video, I think its a bit too long, but then I'll only be judgemental when I'll see the real video on TV of much much better quality.These U2 things you have to let them grow on you, so you have to give them a chance y'kna.

And that Domino's people are idiots,anyways I've gotta Semester coming soon so I guess I would't be working anyway.What bout ya...which chord today D or E, maybe we can jam someday.And when you know the chords first try either One or Staring At The Sun they're fairly simple.
wink.gif

Hey what bout that ICQ thing are ya interested??If you don't have it then I've also got MSN messenger,and if you're not interested then too I'm cool...but I really enjoy writting to you. *wishing* you're some sexy girl.*dreaming*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And what d'ya think of my new signature??

------------------
Take This Tangle Of A Conversation And Turn It Into Your Own Prayer.

hey tomtom
just recorded the pre show of VMA and these bastards here on MTV India cut out Larry and B-man,these people are real ass holes y'kna.I'm just wishing you never watched that crap,it gave me a headache man,I thought we are in a pathetic state as a culture these Americans are even worst,full of shallowness, some of the acts on stage were really bad taste in your mouth I'm sick,they're not even worth puking.I'll be more than happy if this album doesn't do well America(well not poractically) the music sucks,as I said noth worth puking.I'm sick man,I'm really sick thats the worst award shoe I've ever scene.These guys put up Rock,Chyna and other bunch of assholes but deleted living legends.
Oh Lord mercy! please forgive those poor souls!please don't send them to hell! BTW Lord is another alias name of B-man.

As for the recording I've taped it,but believe me it aint worth,though they deleted the calling Larry Adam part.Bono was so dominat that alsomost gave me a feeling of pride.The video looks awsome man,its so fucking cool on 21'.C'mon losers of India play this video.As you can guess I'm real frustrated.U2 rules man,It does...

------------------

Friend ishkash you took the words right out of my mouth.Watching the VMAs today was the biggest waste of time ever.Firstly I couldnt catch the preshow,I thought it would come at about 7:00 PM or so,so that means it must have come earlier,anyway since they ddint show the BD clip who cares.Secondly they cut out Bono and Larry from the actual awards ceremony,atleast I think so cause I watched the whole fucking thing,and it didnt come.But did you say you saw them?I waited and waited and I couldnt believe it when they said that the thing was over and I then realized that they must have cut out that part where B&L introduce Rage Agaginst the Machine and also their performance.I have never been so pissed.I had to watch Britney and Chritina and Janet Jackson and so much more crap JUST to watch 10 seconds of half of U2,and I was cheated.Those MTV India guys are mofos,bastards,I hope they rot in hell.As for the awards themselves,pitiful is the only thing I can say.They beat the last years Grammies for pure patheticness,if there is such a word.I am sad,that this is what America has become.As I said before this is the essence of Pop culture.I wrote before to you on how this has depressed me before,and how it has eneterd India as well,but you didnt respond to it.Its really really sad,dont these people realize what pathetic crap this so called 'awards show'
was.It just reflects the superficial nature of the majority of American society,this is a direct result of greed,to explain myself its simply because all America wants to do is sell,and they dont care how rthey do it.This award show was an example.The only reason behind it was money and only money.Music has hit an all time low I feel.I am happy that people like Bruce Springsteen have stopped bothering about this 'mainstream'.He just makes music for musics sake now.Before I thought it was stupid,how will he sell records if he doesnt try to be the least commercial,but I admire him so much for that.Some of his best stuff has sold only a few million.With Zooropa and Pop,even U2 did that.I hope they have this attitude on ATYCLB too.That commercial success means nothing,absolutely nothing anymore.But I hope that with All That You...U2 will change this world we live in.Though I have my doubts on it,after all its U2 we are talking about.

BTW the moment you see BD on TV,tell me!!!!!!!!

BTW your signature is really cool,suits well,and I dont jhave ICQ but have messenger,my email is thfly@hotmail.com.

hey is it thefly or thfly?

Hey check out the Real Video of BD at www.u2achtung.com, its much much better and it seems that we'll not be seeing the video on Indian TV till this weekend I just saw the programming schedule for V and MTV nuthin bout U2,but they're subject to change.So keep your fingers crossed.

And thanks for letting me know and now I'll keep that signature.

------------------

BTW I have added both the ptions but it keeps saying that you don't have msn messenger so in case when you would like just add me as ishkash23@hotmail.com,I'm usually here after 12...thats when the lines best.

------------------

Oh I rem,ebered msn messesnger is registered underr my bros name,which is I think pileofgoo@hotmail.com by the way my email is thfly only because thefly was probably already taken by a thousand other people.

Hey man what you say about this U2 and drugs shit.I'm really pissed even at the thought of,I don't know if they do it even not regularly I'll be very disappointed.I dont my whole belief system will be stirred and I have to say, I'll lose respect then they'll just be musicians thats all.

But I think whatever going on there is crap,I know that, but still what d'you think.Tell me as soon as you think and please make it faster my whole U2 belief is on the line.
mad.gif

------------------

Ok this is what I think.Bono is a family man,he has 3 childern and is happily married,he fights for world peace and abolition of third world debt.He has written anti drug songs like Bad.It was the other 3 who put Clayton off marijuana in 1985.Bono knows that he is a spokesperson for an entire generation,or maybe even 2.

How the fuck can you even THINK of Bono regularly doing a mind altering drug that kills ones brain cells and is dangerously addictive to the point that an overdose could kill?

What possible reason is there?Why would he do it in the first place?I can maybe see him trying it out to see what the experience was,but knowing fully well how dangerous most drugs are,regularly,just goes against any logic.I dont think he needs drugs,he has said before that the band is his drug.

However,and this is not related to U2,drugs are basically mood altering,and change ones perception of reality greatly,and consequently enhance ones creativity.Beatles have done it for Sgt.Pepper.That whole album was recorded on drugs.

My point is that not all drugs are dangerous and destructive.Not all drugs are like cocaine and heroin.So you neednt have an anti drug view for all drugs.

Sorry I havent been able to write much,but my Internet is working really funny.I know that you.two.net was updated in the last 4 days,but when I got to the ste,it shows me the same site everytime.Even on the forum here,some topics which have 20 replies or so,it only shows the number which I saw the last time I checked.And the album cover photo that was addaed on Interference a few days ago,doesnt appear on my PC,because it still shows the page as it was a few days ago.So please if anything big comes up tell me man.Esp.since those u2.com clips.

Ok this is what I think.Bono is a family man,he has 3 childern and is happily married,he fights for world peace and abolition of third world debt.He has written anti drug songs like Bad.It was the other 3 who put Clayton off marijuana in 1985.Bono knows that he is a spokesperson for an entire generation,or maybe even 2.

How the fuck can you even THINK of Bono regularly doing a mind altering drug that kills ones brain cells and is dangerously addictive to the point that an overdose could kill?

What possible reason is there?Why would he do it in the first place?I can maybe see him trying it out to see what the experience was,but knowing fully well how dangerous most drugs are,regularly,just goes against any logic.I dont think he needs drugs,he has said before that the band is his drug.

However,and this is not related to U2,drugs are basically mood altering,and change ones perception of reality greatly,and consequently enhance ones creativity.Beatles have done it for Sgt.Pepper.That whole album was recorded on drugs.

My point is that not all drugs are dangerous and destructive.Not all drugs are like cocaine and heroin.So you neednt have an anti drug view for all drugs.

Sorry I havent been able to write much,but my Internet is working really funny.I know that you.two.net was updated in the last 4 days,but when I got to the ste,it shows me the same site everytime.Even on the forum here,some topics which have 20 replies or so,it only shows the number which I saw the last time I checked.And the album cover photo that was addaed on Interference a few days ago,doesnt appear on my PC,because it still shows the page as it was a few days ago.So please if anything big comes up tell me man.Esp.since those u2.com clips.

Thanks I really needed that.

BTW I'm having trouble with Interference.com as its taking a hell of a lots of time to load.

Your problem is you need to delete the cookies.Go to preferences which is below the forum name on every segment and there you'll find how to do things.

BTW the crap called MTV showed new Spice Girls vdo but guess what no U2 clip.And today I saw Numb on Classic and HMTMKMKM on V, but no new stuff.

------------------

I Have seen it, I have seen it, I have seen it on Channel V right here in India and its 1130am and the first thing I'm doing is informing you my main man.

Channel V is givving it heavy rotation...Man get V.....The video is amazing when seen on full Tv screen.

I'm sooo Happpy its a Beautiful Dayyyyy.

cya in the night.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------

ishkash,Im really sorry but Im not able to read your last 2 posts thanks to the motherfucking internet problem,they just wont show up.Ill check them out tomorrow from a friends place man.So Im writing blind in a way.

Today was the best day of my life for quite some time.ever since I heard about the clips on U2.com,I was unable to contain myself.I literally counted each hour passed today.And then I found out about the leaking of all the other songs.I could not wait,got all the clips.I dont know whether youve downloaded the clips so i wont say anything except for that I was BLOWN AWAY.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I say please get Elevation atleast.With New York its my fave.I will listen to everything all night tonight man.

My best picks-
Elevation
New York
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Stuck(But its not got much guitar,more of a slow soul song,so not too much).

The musc defintely rules,now I only hope the lyrics make sense and are deep..cant make much sense of them now,I think thats what Bono meant by tunes.I have gone completely mad today,I have waited a year for this.Its like sex,only better,haha just joking.Man am I gonna have a good time tonight....

Cant sing but Ive got soul....
(From Elevation-what a line!!!)

Hey Hey great work man but I'll only be listening to Elevation and Walk On, I still cant forget what BD clips did for me.

Anyways I'll write more soon, but please work hard and give ur reviews I would really love that.

BD is getting some airplay I saw it today on V 6 times.

BTW I feel sorry for U2.

------------------

It brilliant, its awesome, its darn good,its amazing, its hot, its chilling,its classy, ITS U2.

My oh My I'm blown off baby,I'm gone I'm a mad man,I'm a mad man...I'm really really wwwwwooooooooohhhhhhhaaaaaaa man o man!

I'll be back when I'm in my senses..Its better than drugs and drinks.(though I have never consumed neither)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

Hey ishkash Ive tried everything including deleting my cookies but none of your or my posts after the one where you asked me about what I think of U2 and druga are showing up.It is definitely to do with my ISP Wilnet,I will try to get another ISP in a few days.But strangely Im able to get updated posts of all topics started from yesterday onwards,so please do me a big favour.Copy and paste everything from page 2 onwards into a new thread called India Wale 2 or something then I will be able to read everything hopefully.Sorry for inconveninecing you like this but it will really help me.

BTW I heard you downloaded the stuff!!How did you like it?

<retrospect>

Amazing.....Just Amazing

This thread always used to bing out the best in me

</retrospect>
------------------
Gravity Pushes Me Down:U2 Lifts Me Up

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 04-26-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom