Houston Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same concern... I dont know what to expect. I have a pair of pre-sale tickets and I'm planning to be one of the first in line, so I'm hoping being one of the first in line will make a difference.
Rob

5am sounds good to me. You might be talked out of it, but come closer to concert time, you will convince yourself right back to 5am. At the Elevation concert in Dallas, I was there about 1am and was 25th in line... so, not sure what to make of things this time around.
Robert

I'm planning to get there early, how early? not sure. But I've been in lines that were VERY organized by the fans themselves, so who knows, I might be the first one out there with a pen, notebook and sharpie in hand to organize a line myself.
Robert

Here we go, everyONE - the first really cool thing you can do at the Vertigo concert in Houston:

I've been getting a lot of emails and pm's at the various U2 fansites about activities surrounding the Vertigo concerts - especially as it concerns passing out the flyers for the African Well Fund.

First, I need to let everyone know that we are all volunteers here. Some of us may have more experience in volunteering but we all have something special to offer each other.

I have been an avid and active supporter of the AWF almost from since its inception (I joined the discussion group which formed the AWF two weeks into its existence) and so I have a very dear and beloved place in my heart for this organization.

It has achieved a GREAT thing for thousands of Africans for generations to come by raising the money over the last three years to build dozens of clean water wells in African villages.

And this has all been done "In the Name of Love" and with the utmost respect for Bono's tireless activism for the world's poorest people.

There will be a group of us to pass out the AWF flyers both in Dallas and in Houston. Quite honestly, the best time to pass out the flyers will be in the afternoon of the concerts.

What I would like to do is for anyone who has already contacted Rob (the co-ordinator for AWF volunteers at the Vertigo concerts) at trigelle@juno.com to post in this forum and let us know if you have received your volunteer package from him yet.

Then, what would be great is if people can say what will be a good time for them to pass out the flyers on the day of the concert. Then I'll try to compose a list of who can pass out the info at various times so that we can try to hit as many different people coming to the concert as possible.

For Houston, I'll be able to pass out the info during the early afternoon hours (4pm-5pm) because I should have a GA for Houston and will need to get back in line by later in the afternoon.

For Dallas, since I have a nosebleed, I will take the later hours (6pm-7pm) when people start coming into the arena since I don't have to wait in line to see the concert.

Anyway, please post back here and let us know if you have already contacted Rob and when you think is a good time for you to pass out the AWF flyers.

Thank you ALL so much for your concern for and your willingness to help for the world's poorest people.

There is really nothing better that you can do the night of the Vertigo concert in your town than to help an organization founded in the spirit of Bono's activism for Africa - the AWF.

There might be something else coming up in the next few weeks, but this is all any of us know for sure for now happening in Texas for the Vertigo tour!

Take very good care, my friends. Blessings not just for those who kneel.

ONE,
debbie

PS

I just want to add that the way that people in other areas have been doing the leafletting for the AWF is to have someone hold their place in the GA line while they leave for an hour to pass out the flyers.

Most people in the GA lines are OK about this since we all know how the AWF was formed.

So even if you have a GA, you can still help out the AWF! :wink:

I do plan to come and hang out with everyone there. I don't think I will be there early in the morning, maybe sometime in the late morning. I have a regular seat so I'm not worried about getting into the GA line.

Hey, anyone driving to the Houston show that I can hitch with (I'm in Memphis)? Of course I'll pay gas money and all.

Let me know asap please. Going to the concert at all is in jeapordy for me. That would really suck!!!!!!!!!!

FYI:
I've been in contact with Toyota Center customer service rep. regarding the line-up policy. She said she would know more the week of the concert when she speaks to U2 personnel. She asked that I contact her at that time and would work with me in terms of accomodating my (our) needs so that our plan to line up would go smoothly.
Robert

I got the same email........watching the U2 Vertigo Live from Chicago promo is only making it worse for me

Xavier

"At this time we do not have the specifics on how lining up will be handled.
Please email me again the week of the concert and I will have the
information at that time. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

M. Norris
Toyota Center"

this email

Xavier

I e-mailed the Toyota Center yesterday, and got the same response...

SoonerFan, my husband & I are driving to Little Rock on Thursday, then flying Southwest to Houston from there. That might be an idea for you...

I've been in contact with Misty also and she is willing to accomodate our needs. I am in the process of sending my final email to her requesting precise questions about the line-up and providing some insight as to how I can assist with organizing the line when venue hours of operation have closed, as I've done before at other venues. If anyone is interested in her reply, let me know and I will pass it your way.
Robert

Spent a couple of hours at Toyota Center on Thursday 10/20 & spoke w/ 6-8 people - floor mgrs, ticket mgrs, guest services, etc.....all said the venue opens 1 hour (6:30) prior to concerts without exception. In addition, mgrs/guest services expressed doubts re: lining up.
Finally, artist's entrance into venue is below ground; hopefully, the lads will stop outside.

Any updates Robert?

I just emailed Misty at Toyota center so she can receive it tomorrow, the start of the business week. I know several of you guys have emailed her with similar questions and she gave the exact reply to all of us. I'm just following her request to ask her again the week OF the concert... so there it is. I'm expecting an informative reply from her... one way or another, I'll have the answers I think all of us want to know. I'll keep you posted.
Robert

Just received word from Misty Norris with the Toyota Center, she confirmed there will be 2 lines for General Admission; one for fan club members, another for non fan club members. Both of these lines will be set up outside the Team Shop doors on the LaBranch side of the Toyota Center. See you guys there!!!
Robert

Thanks for the info...do we know anything about what time we can line up, or what time the doors open to begin scanning?

"General Admission can line up at any time. There will be 2 GA lines; one
for regular GA ticket holders, another for GA fan club members. Both of
these lines will be lined up outside the Team Shop doors on the LaBranch
side of the building. Doors will open at 6:00.

Hope I was able to help you out. Let me know if I can be of further
assistance. Enjoy the show."

well there it is........and weather: Sunny Hi 77°/ Lo 53°. Going to be a lot of fun, folks. Anyone else thinking of camping out thursday night?

Xavier

excellent...we're planning on taking advantage of the good hotel deal we got months ago, but we'll see ya'll on friday!

I don't think I will be camping out Thursday night. If the Astros can go to a game 5, I'll be at Market Square Thursday night watching the game. Thankfully I got a room in downtown last month. I don't think there are any hotel rooms left in downtown Houston for that weekend.

I will be there on Friday, don't know what time yet though.

Back
Top Bottom