Hey, you Atlanta/North Georgia folk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blah...I am supposed to work until 5 which means I won't leave Athens until 5:15 at the earliest...not sure if I should push it on my first full day tomorrow and ask if I could leave at 4 or 4:30 even though they probably wouldn't care....

and what's the parking situation like there?

Well John Mayer is playing the same night at the Tabernacle and that show is sold out. So there are two big acts playing within walking distance Wed night, so traffic is going to suck. You should have no problem parking at the Philips arena. I park at the lot in between the GA Dome and The Philips Arena *which is the World Congress Center parking* and it is is cheap and easy to get in and out. :shh:

I'll be taking the moving hell that is marta. I try to park at one of the stations closest to the arena so I don't have to go that far on it. We're trying to make it a budget night so I think we're gonna stick to cheap food before the show. You're in row R, too, aren't you Iris? If you hear someone screaming your name from the same row in section 1, that will be me. I think we're in seats 9 & 10. :)

:lol: Just start yelling out my name that would be funny as hell! A bit of Marco Polo being played at the arena.

I am not sure where I am because my friend has the tickets. All I know is that I am on the floor. :hyper:

Also, McDs will be the most I will be spending on my meal because I too am on a serious budget.

Last edited:
Do you know what your plans are for leaving Barbara? I don't think it would work out anyway since I have to work but.....

Wow, I am so out to lunch I was thinking this was at the Tabernacle. :huh:

I'm section 113 row A. I think it's on the left side as you're looking at the stage.

I'm supposed to be leaving here sometime between 4 & 4:30 to meet my friend in Decatur around 5ish for a quick dinner. He's supposed to be taking a half day and leaving sometime between 2 and 2:30 from Macon but who knows when he'll really leave there or what time he'll make it to Atlanta.

I'm thinking it might be a nice idea to wait until 5ish just so I can have somebody talking to me to keep me awake on the ride back to Athens.

Hmm...well I asked at work if I could leave at 4:30 and they said yes...I prob. could leave even a little earlier than that.

I know what you mean; I was thinking driving back at midnight or whatever time it will be would really suck by myself. :banghead:.....

Well, if you're up for it, I could meet you somewhere and help pay for gas and parking.....

Every time I'm optimistic about Atlanta traffic, I get kicked in the ass....we're leaving at 4:45 assuming everything goes well and I HOPE it will not take 2 hours but watch, it probably will....so we'll see. I have your cell # :up:

(09-30-2005) Institute to Open For U2 - Interference.com*
Institute to Open For U2

We enjoy random. As U2 fans, we've gotten used to it.

So today comes news from POLLSTAR that former Bush lead singer and husband to Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale's new band, Institute will open for U2 on the following dates:

Mon 10/24/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Tue 10/25/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Sun 11/13/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Mon 11/14/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Wed 11/16/05 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
Fri 11/18/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Sat 11/19/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

Yeah I would say it's pretty damn random. I didn't even know he was in a new band or that it is called "Institute."

So we've finally gotten our opener...:hmm:

Actually, I haven't either. I guess I should say he used to be pretty, if you like that kinda thing.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1510254/20050924/story.jhtml

sq_gavin_intv_050524.jpg

Last edited:
I am very excited. :hyper:

I have had to explain who U2 are to my superiors at work.

Who, I might add, are women in their 30's and 40's. :|

:lmao:

They keep joking now about an office road trip to one of the shows to see me and what "this whole U2 thing is all about". :banghead: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom