Get yo' FREAK on....Mrs. Edge is coming to Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allegra said:

We might have to do that!

I'm pretty sure if Lizzie works hard at it, she can get out early Thursday night.

There are ways!

actually i'm sorry but there's not, we're already short handed and going crazy at work as it is. :sigh:

also my parents are coming into town that night so i can't leave work early while they're here. i can meet for dinner somewhere on friday or saturday though.

Last edited:
AAAAAHHHHH!!!

This is killing me!

Now I just got an email message that Annie Lennox is coming to Dallas on Sunday, October 14th and she'll be at the SMU auditorium...freakin' awesome venue...and I'll be out of town. I think I need to have a talk with my brother.

:sigh:

ABEL, maybe you should join us for the dinner part of our evening on the 13th then?

I also feel if I am in Texas I should be eating BBQ and watching people try to stay on a mechanical bull, right? And how about the Roller Derby? I saw a whole series on A&E about the Texas roller derby girls? :hyper:

yep i could join y'all on the 13th.
i MIGHT be able to ask off on sunday to go see annie lennox if you'd be interested in that.
no guarantees though. all i can do is ask.
if i take the whole day off we could get together for some sight seeing in the afternoon or something.

:hmm: i don't know too much about the texas roller derby girls.

and bbq sounds really good too :drool:

Well, I spoke to my sister-in-law and she said they can't flip the weekend. So I guess I'm out of luck, and I'll have to catch Annie Lennox some other time. :sigh:

But I'd love to meet ya for dinner on Thursday night instead.

How about Tex-mex with me? :drool:

Don't worry, you'll be Texafied before you go home!

As far as riding a mechanical bull, locals usually don't do that. It's usually the tourists. But Dallas and Fort Worth are total two different cities. FW is a true cow town, while Dallas is all about commerce and has always been that way. Remember the show Dallas? It wasn't too far off from that.

Speaking of the show Dallas, y'all need to take her to Southfork Ranch too! :lol: There she can actually get close to a Longhorn!

Like me!
AllegraandLonghorns2031.jpg

:lmao:

Oh I would LOVE to see a longhorn, they are so CUTE!!! :cute:

I figured the bull thing was probably a touristy attraction, but you never know!

Thursday sounds good to me! :up:

The only thing that might change it is if some donor wants to meet me then, but it is very unlikely.

I can't wait! :D

Mrs. Edge said:
Oh I would LOVE to see a longhorn, they are so CUTE!!! :cute:

I figured the bull thing was probably a touristy attraction, but you never know!

Thursday sounds good to me! :up:

The only thing that might change it is if some donor wants to meet me then, but it is very unlikely.

I can't wait! :D

Great! Sounds like a plan :wink:

I'll PM you my info.

omg y'all, I can hardly keep up with all this! :scream: Where's Carek and some of the other Dallas-area folks?

OK, I'm open both Sat. 10/13 and Sun. 10/14. Can't do a week night, it's just too screwy logistically for me. I still say if Jess is gonna be at the Gaylord, that's the place to congregate, there's so much to see there anyway!

Remember, you guys, Jess is staying way out by the airport, and doesn't know the area. Getting to places like Southfork, etc. would be quite a hike for her. I'd just hate for her to have to deal with Dallas traffic and stuff, y'know? But that's just me. And ABEL. Cos I know how much both love Dallas driving, right Lizzie? :giggle:

Roller Derby? Mechanical bull? I know NOTHING about that. Wouldn't even know where to start. Too bad it's not rodeo season, though....now there's some Texas for ya.

LaMadeleine: Nah. We definitely need to get Jess some good Tex-Mex and/or margarita's, and....tortillas? Cabrito? Gordita's? Tamales? :drool:

And contrary to what Allegra thinks, Jess, Dallas is NOT like the TV show 'Dallas' any longer, LOL....sure, maybe it was like that back in the 80s, but I like to think the city's matured somewhat since then. :)

Last edited:
Discoteque said:
omg y'all, I can hardly keep up with all this! :scream: Where's Carek and some of the other Dallas-area folks?

She actually lives in San Diego. We're just really close friends.

OK, I'm open both Sat. 10/13 and Sun. 10/14. Can't do a week night, it's just too screwy logistically for me. I still say if Jess is gonna be at the Gaylord, that's the place to congregate, there's so much to see there anyway!

Well, I'll be out of town that weekend. So y'all can go to the Gaylord. This is just dinner on Thursday night so that I can meet her before I leave. Of course, anyone else is more than welcome to join us!

Remember, you guys, Jess is staying way out by the airport, and doesn't know the area. Getting to places like Southfork, etc. would be quite a hike for her. I'd just hate for her to have to deal with Dallas traffic and stuff, y'know? But that's just me. And ABEL. Cos I know how much both love Dallas driving, right Lizzie? :giggle:

Ah shoot. I think she can handle it. If she's dying to go to Southfork, she'll find a way. Besides it's real easy to get there via the freeway. If you go there in the middle of the day on Saturday or Sunday, it should be fine.

Here's a map to Southfork Ranch if you want it Mrs. Edge...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...95,-96.797791&spn=0.460866,0.925598&z=10&om=1

Roller Derby? Mechanical bull? I know NOTHING about that. Wouldn't even know where to start. Too bad it's not rodeo season, though....now there's some Texas for ya.

Roller Derby? Here's a link...

http://www.acderby.com/

Mechanical bull? Here's a link...

http://www.gilleysdallas.com/

And map...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=gilley's&near=Dallas,+TX&fb=1&cid=0,0,4460245231536086935&ll=32.770722,-96.798187&spn=0.003609,0.007231&z=17&iwloc=A&om=1

LaMadeleine: Nah. We definitely need to get Jess some good Tex-Mex and/or margarita's, and....tortillas? Cabrito? Gordita's? Tamales? :drool:

We're doing El Fenix downtown on Thursday night. But that doesn't mean you can't take her to your favorite Tex-Mex place on a different night. :wink:

And contrary to what Allegra thinks, Jess, Dallas is NOT like the TV show 'Dallas' any longer, LOL....sure, maybe it was like that back in the 80s, but I like to think the city's matured somewhat since then. :)

True, I was just using it as an example that Dallas is more of a commerce town than a cowtown. You know, shopping, shopping, shopping, etc... :wink:

LOL! Disco is partly right in that I am terrified of driving in places I don't know....(I was up half the night last night worrying about it actually), but I will do my best. :)

Disco, if you want to meet me at the Gaylord on Saturday, that suits me just fine! :D

:hug:

don't worry about driving to the concert either, i can pick you up.
but i don't like driving on highways either, so it'll take me a little longer cuz i take the back roads :D

Final call for takers for Jess' visit this Saturday night (10/13) at the Gaylord resort in Grapevine.

Hopefully will meet up around 4:00 PM, take in the Gaylord, grab a bite, and maybe check out Le Freak! :dance:

Come on out if you can....

i should be able to meet y'all sometime saturday evening but i don't know exactly what time my parents are leaving.
i think they'll be leaving shortly after lunch (it's about a 5 hour drive back home for them).
hopefully i won't be any later than 5 or 6 and hopefully it will be earlier! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom