ELEVATION on May 14, Vancouver BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterious doll

The Fly
I have to say yet again how unbelieveably impressed I was with U2 tribute band Elevation and their show on May 14th at Central City Brewing in Vancouver last weekend.
I generally always made a point of never going to see a tribute band of a group I really loved, because inevitably I would be dissapointed... Either the musicians would be crap, the singer didn't sound very close to the original, etc. My first U2 concerts were April 28th & 29th at GM Place and since I was still wanting to maintain that new U2 high I was on, I thought I would break my own rule and catch a flight out of my city (Kelowna) to go and see Elevation.
Most people might wonder what kind of fool blows money on a plane ticket to see a tribute band?... Not even the real thing. Ladies and gentlemen, Elevation are as close to the real thing as you are going to get! Their musicianship is supurb, the vocals soaring, and they even look the part. Best of all, you get to hear some of the greatest gems ever put out by U2 which you would be hardpressed to ever hear our boys play during the Vertigo tour. And for anyone that has ever dreamed of seeing U2 at one of their earlier intimate club dates, this is the show you have got to see!
My personal favourite highlights? "Bono" gliding off of the stage and right into the crowd on several songs; "Larry" continuing to bash his heart and soul out on his drum kit even after his stick busted in half; Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? - cheers Brady; bringing people up to play guitar or sing; "Lady With The Spinning Head" (!)...
I could go on and on. At that bittersweet moment when it was time for Elevation to say goodnight everbody was really hoping they would go on and on too! It was more than just playing all of the songs the hard core fans wanted to hear, it was more than just looking the part. Elevation does one thing that no other tribute band has ever done whom I have seen. They make a painstaking effort to connect with their audience, and I don't believe they do it because U2 are well known for that too. It's obvious that these guys love preforming together as much as U2 and they care about putting on great quality shows that really reach the U2 fan base.
Don't miss ELEVATION if they come anywhere near your city!! They are worth every penny, and I believe even Bono and the rest of the clan would be impressed if they ever got the chance to see them.:applaud: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom