Elevation Canada...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gragravar

The Fly
... are playing at Healey's in downtown Toronto tonight (178 Bathurst, the intersection is Queen and Bathurst). Showtime is 11.00 pm, J-Stroke opens at 10.00. Tonight Elevation will take you from Red Rocks to Rattle and Hum and possibly visit a few other places as well... $7 Can on the door. Hope to see lots of you there.

Cheers

Mick

Mick and the boys at Healey's last night... great job! When I got there at 11pm it was absolutely packed. Had heard alot about the club but had never gone even though it's just down the street from other clubs I favour. ELEVATION blew everyone away... and this was a BLUES crowd yo! Except for the sound guy being a complete jerk, our boys delivered even if not under the best circumstances. Tiny stage, non-existant dancefloor... until we moved some tables of course :wink: but whoa! I looked around the place and they had everyone's rapt attention. I lost some of the GTAers when someone invited me to sit at their table but we'd all make eye contact with eachother and just beamed at eachother, lol too funny. There was a huge Irish-Canadian contingent there... even this guy from Hungary who hardly spoke English but hey - the language of U2 knows no boundaries! Brady as always really knows how to engage the crowd, Kevin's handywork is a sight to be seen, Mullet banging away on drums... and of course... BASS, BABY BASS :drool:

LM PopAngel... our song may not have been in last night's show... but you would have loved "11 o'clock Tick Tock"!!! Miss ya... be good!

p u n k r o c k f o r e v e r y o!

:wave:

Hey Michelle!!!

Damn you people are lucky! I can't catch an Elevation show without buying a plane ticket LOL! We're already talking about making a trip in the spring so Mr. BAW can finally see Elevation on their home turf and meet all you crazy GTA'ers!

So Mick...was this place you played smaller than the Slye Fox? Is that even possible? :laugh: :wink:

I'm glad to report that Healey's is both larger and much better suited to live music than the Slye Fox. I don't know how many people were there but I think the only way we could have got any more into the music room would have been to coat people in Vaseline and slide them in past people's knees. Michelle is a little harsh on the sound guy, he did his best but he told us afterwards that he often could not hear the band for the noise the audience was making singing/screaming along, dancing about and so on. It must be said that they were a rowdy crowd even by our standards. Anyway it was a good night.

Let us know when you're both coming, we'll try and do something special for you... :)

Mick

Hello boyz!

I am wondering if there has been any invitation or offer from Las Vegas to return March 2004?????

Missed hearing the group during the past year but Mrs. BAW is giving a :up: on how well the band sounds...she's definitely a supporter of Elevation...my credit cards and bank account prove it!!!

Regards,

Mr. B

We're going to be in Eastern Europe for two weeks in March 2004... so a return to Vegas that month is not on the cards. However we're always thinking about this stuff so a Vegas/LA/etc. visit later on next year is entirely within the realms of the possible.

Cheers

Mick

gragravar said:
Michelle is a little harsh on the sound guy

Mick

Hey you know what... you're right, I didn't actually speak with the sound guy so he might be a swell fella. Just me being defensive for my guys in Elevation. I heard how he didn't want to "play the up and down game" with the board, I remember some awful feedback at one point during MW... and well - I'm always ready to put up my dukes for you and the guys. If I had my way, conditions would always be superb... you'd each hear yourselves fine over the monitors, not too loud, not too low, fab lighting :)

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom