East/West Sussex, Kent, surrounding areas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Please help! Anyone from any of these areas, or any other place which is not too north (where it's colder, right?) who can give me some info on towns/cities etc in any of these counties? Ideas on housing and job availability, proximity to London and transport facilities?

Basically any info? If there are other places which aren't ridiculously expensive but are also nice and not too far from London or civilisation please feel free to educate me! I will offer my eternal and undying gratitude in return and will build a shrine in your honour :)

Hello there Ang!

no one answered you.............so let's see if I can be of any use :hmm:

The areas you mentioned are all pretty damned expensive housing wise, owing to their proximity to London. The whole of the south east of England is about the most expensive place to live in the UK.

Having said that, those areas have good transport links with london, especially by train.

As for other places close to london that are cheaper, they don't really exist :laugh:

If you went for Norfolk you might find cheaper housing prices (ask Meggie/Sam about that one :yes: ) I know for a fact that all the other Eastern southern counties are prohibitively expensive (especially if you're coming from Australia!)

as a rule of thumb for England, it gets cheaper the further north you go (although that is evening itself out more and more) Picturesque villages and seaside resorts also cost more

Jobs wise, I haven't got a clue. :shrug:

anyways, I don't know if any of that was any use whatsoever, but I tried :lol:

:scream:
It was actually very useful. In other words, the only places I actually know of are not really possible :D
The north gets a lot of snow doesn't it. God listen to me, you'd think I was talking about a dangerous disease or something the way the mere thought of a bit of snow frightens me :lol:

My Uncle and Aunt live in Tunbridge Wells somewhere and I was suspicious of the area they live in when dad started talking about my uncle's Jaguar collection.
:crack:
And the fact that one of their neighbours is/was Ringo Starr or George Harrison or someone important.

Maybe I could afford a hovell in that Court place where all the Aussies migrate to :D
:hmm:

I will still get there one day for a holiday. Yes indeedly I will!

Thanks bammo :hug:

:lol: I wouldn't say the north gets a lot of snow! I live in the midlands and I think it snowed like once in the last year

When you say 'Court' place, do you mean Hampton Court? Yet again, VERY expensive!

anyway, best of luck! Never give up hope!

Angela Harlem said:
:scream:
It was actually very useful. In other words, the only places I actually know of are not really possible :D
The north gets a lot of snow doesn't it. God listen to me, you'd think I was talking about a dangerous disease or something the way the mere thought of a bit of snow frightens me :lol:

My Uncle and Aunt live in Tunbridge Wells somewhere and I was suspicious of the area they live in when dad started talking about my uncle's Jaguar collection.
:crack:
And the fact that one of their neighbours is/was Ringo Starr or George Harrison or someone important.

Maybe I could afford a hovell in that Court place where all the Aussies migrate to :D
:hmm:

I will still get there one day for a holiday. Yes indeedly I will!

Thanks bammo :hug:

Back
Top Bottom