Debut of DESIRE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1tym

Babyface
Hello EVERYone

Hope you can make it to the debut of "DESIRE", So Cal's newest U2 trib to the greatest band in the world! Remnants of "Propaganda" and "Zoo2" have joined forces with some new blood to form DESIRE. We hail from the OC and SD areas and cordially invite you to share the U2 love at a "FREE" outdoor festival show to benefit The Beacon HOuse in San Pedro on Sun Aug 14th. Corner of 10th and Beacon Street San Pedro, Beacon House Block Party. Lots of great other bands as well.

AND DID I MENTION IT WAS "FREE"

:wink: :wink:

DESIRE's set is 12:30 - 1:30

Hope you can make it!

Peace and Love
R-edge

desireU2tribute

Re: Desire U2 Tribute in San Pedro

U2Scott said:
Glad to hear you're playing in San Pedro. I'll be there. You're great!

That is so cheesy. "I'll be there!" Of course you will, you're in the band! Your profile even says that you're the bassist in Desire -- now that's just sloppy!

...good luck guys! Have a great show!

...but yeah - at least plug your own shows under a pseudonym like Clint or bonodiscofever or porksoda!! :)

mmmmm....soda

Hey Mr. BAW! :wave:

bradyvox said:
...good luck guys! Have a great show!

...but yeah - at least plug your own shows under a pseudonym like Clint or bonodiscofever or porksoda!! :)

mmmmm....soda

Ah Brady!.... you must be speaking of U2Nation! Yeah....kinda lame!

You crack me up!

BAW... I agree....good guys in this band, just don't try to come off promoting the band as a "fan" of your own band on the board. It like a fake Bono posting as a fan about how great of a fake Bono he is......if you're that good, you would not need to post stuff about yourself....right Joe? Maybe not.

Anyhow, do well guys! We did a few shows for Beacon House last year! I hope you have a great show!

Chas

Last edited:
TheEdge U2JT said:

Ah Brady!.... you must be speaking of U2Nation! Yeah....kinda lame!

You crack me up!

BAW... I agree....good guys in this band, just don't try to come off promoting the band as a "fan" of your own band on the board. It like a fake Bono posting as a fan about how great of a fake Bono he is......if you're that good, you would not need to post stuff about yourself....right Joe? Maybe not.

Anyhow, do well guys! We did a few shows for Beacon House last year! I hope you have a great show!

Chas

hey, I hear the Joshua Tree (L.A.'s Premier U2 Tribute Band) really rocks!!! :lmao:
just kidding guys......haver a great show....knock em dead!

Hey Mr BAW, long time no talk to!--Hope all is well and hope to see you soon

sorry every1, I'll have Bassman cool his jets, would hate to see him the victim of a blanket party--sheesh

Chas, hope that A3 card worked for ya--havent heard, I'm coming to your Pomona show--would love to hear MW

:eyebrow:

anyhow, thanks for words of encouragment folks, nice to be playing again (and btw, RichC rox--hope I can say that) :wink:

P&L
Rod

Hey there... sorry I was a Dork! I used to be the bass player for "Desire", but got fired for embarassing the band with a shameless plug for our debut in San Pedro. Apologies to all as I was overcome with enthusiasm. Will make it up to you all by actually tuning my bass prior to the gig. Thanks for the educational "hazing"!

1tym said:
Hey Mr BAW, long time no talk to!--Hope all is well and hope to see you soon

sorry every1, I'll have Bassman cool his jets, would hate to see him the victim of a blanket party--sheesh

Chas, hope that A3 card worked for ya--havent heard, I'm coming to your Pomona show--would love to hear MW

:eyebrow:

anyhow, thanks for words of encouragment folks, nice to be playing again (and btw, RichC rox--hope I can say that) :wink:

P&L
Rod

Rich C. DOES rock! You can say that. I said that. I say that! He doesn't do Interference or email so tell him Karen says hey! Haven't seen him since the Nov. 2004 gig at HRC La Jolla when BBJones filled in for Zoo-2's "Bono".

Hey! They did MW that night with the belly dancer......JT's done MW.....yeah! Chas! Do MW for Rod and for me in Pomona, ok?!!!! :yes:

OK no more hazing. lol

Mr. BAW said:
You see how I work???? I got all of my favorite musicians together to trade quips...where's Gabriel and Clint????????? :lol:

Yeah cool, you ROCK, Mr BAW! :up:
Now if you could only get them ALL
to show up at your house, that would
be one HECKUVA show! :dance: :rockon:

Inclassable24.gif

Those of you that made it, thanks for showing up! Nice meeting youse. Got on a little late but once everything got started we had a great time, hope you did as well.

We'll keep you posted on next dates and hope to get some more interference'rs there as well--all about sharing the U2 love

(Carek, RichC says hi! we're working on some Diego dates so may be at venue near you shortly)

anyhow, thanks for the support!

R-edge (Rod)
DesireU2tribute(dot)com

1tym said:
Those of you that made it, thanks for showing up! Nice meeting youse. Got on a little late but once everything got started we had a great time, hope you did as well.

We'll keep you posted on next dates and hope to get some more interference'rs there as well--all about sharing the U2 love

(Carek, RichC says hi! we're working on some Diego dates so may be at venue near you shortly)

anyhow, thanks for the support!

R-edge (Rod)
DesireU2tribute(dot)com

WooHoo! This is great news! Wish I could have made it Sunday but I will look forward to seeing you guys down this way soon!
:laugh:

Mr. BAW said:
You see how I work???? I got all of my favorite musicians together to trade quips...where's Gabriel and Clint????????? :lol:

Um...hi? Did you mean me?? Not sure what its all about, but here I am anyways!

I thought Clint was that fake person who was boosting their own band?? How did i get lumped that category!! :( :(

G

gabrielvox said:

I thought Clint was that fake person......

G

Gabriel..... but is Clint more like the Easter Bunny or Santa?

If Clint is a guitar player...then it has to be the Easter Bunny... EB Rocks!

Santa seem like more of a vocal or drum guy!

I don't think anyone was going after you Gabe.... you have never posed as a fan, as far as I know, to pimp your own band.

BTW, if you see a new Interference user named.. ChedgeIsHot with only one post saying how great I am... it's not me :barf:

gabrielvox said:

Um...hi? Did you mean me?? Not sure what its all about, but here I am anyways!

I thought Clint was that fake person who was boosting their own band?? How did i get lumped that category!! :( :(

G

I truly meant my favorites...you included,,,I threw Clint in there to be a wise-guy! You're one of the Good-ones, G. You really are....honest.............! :yes:

ah ok lol

Ive been off the blue crack far too long I see ;)

My sense of humour needs re-tuning :wink:

Whats goin on in Cali anyways?? And what's this I hear about you guys not coming up here in September!!! :mad:

G

Not gonna happen; with the official tour, we've got seats in LA again and the two nights in Las Vegas...

then we've got a week in Oregon for relaxation 9/19 - 23 and then someone close to home is getting married in New York so we'll be there as well in Oct.

Too much!

One of them had to go so it was Toronto...next year! :shrug:

Some day I hope to get over to the west coast and check you guys out. Can we hear some clips on your web site. Those are great pics on your site. Sounds like your gig was alot of fun

Keep rockin

Mick

Back
Top Bottom