DC/MD/VA meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

:sad:

i hope so too.

am just on a crazy, cracked-up schedule these days.

heck, i haven't even had much time for FYM.

i KNOW!!! i've been waiting for some of your :drool: worthy posts.

Okay everyone...I've seen suggestions for:

Dr. Dremos (but for the 6th is the Elvis party, so that is a no-go)
Carpool
Ireland's 4 Courts
Capital City
Dave and Busters
Whitlows
Rhodeside Grill

Hopefully I didn't miss anything. So far Ireland's 4 Courts has 3 votes. The others have one. But, if everyone can post their preference soon, I can make a final call. I'd like to call in and reserve a spot for the lot of us tomorrow evening.

I can't wait to meet you all!

Oh and we decided on Jan 6. I know some people said they can't go, but for travelers, the 6th might be better. Plus, I'm leaving back to the armpit on the 8th...so, selfishly, it works best for me. I don't mean to leave anybody out if you said you can't make it. Perhaps we can have another one sometime soon!

what time on the 6th? i'm still trying to figure out if i'll be able to make it

Hi guys,

Sorry I've missed the whole discussion...haven't been online much over the hols.... Which Dave & Busters is this? We have one close to us apparently.

No matter where it is, we will be there!

:yes:

Im having trouble finding someone to come along with me so not sure if I can make it :sad: Completely suck at directions and I have never driven out of state before. Don't exactly want to give it a try in the dark all by myself,lol.

So still thinking of ideas but the 6th would work for me too if I can pull it off

Last edited:
:wave: It would be great to see those of you that I met in DC back in February, and meet others, but unfortunately, I can't make it on the 6th. Any other weekend would have worked, but this weekend I have a commitment.

Have fun everyone! I'll be there in spirit!!

Poop. It's official----I can't come.

How many people are left attending?

Mrs. Edge said:
Hi guys,

Sorry I've missed the whole discussion...haven't been online much over the hols.... Which Dave & Busters is this? We have one close to us apparently.

No matter where it is, we will be there!

:yes:

:happy: :up:

Am staying tuned for the place. :wink:

I’m most likely going to have to say it will be a no go for me also. I’m having some major car problems. Like, I need to buy a new car ASAP. Mia’s friend “K” has graciously offered to give me a ride up there. So it’s all up to if I’m going to have the time while dealing with this car thing. I reallllllllly want to join you guys, I’m going to work my butt off between now and than to see what I can do so I’ll have the time.

Say your prayers for me, cause this is the first car I’ll be getting all by myself, like a big girl. Have I mentioned before that I’m not ready to be an adult yet?

Shannon, Patti, I hope you both can make it! :hug: it would be really swell if we could have a reunion

everyone, i'm guessing it is Ireland's 4 Courts since there weren't other votes. I'm going to call tomorrow...which I guess is today. Anyway, I'll try and reserve a room. Bring friends & fam! I'm going to just say it will be 20 people to be on the safe side.

I don't think we're going to be able to make it this time. :grumpy:

My selfish proposal for the next outting is that we consider what we Twin Cities interferencers used to do back in the day...Sunday brunch! :yes: I don't know DC that well, but we used to go for Irish breakfast at this cute Irish pub in Minneapolis. Upsides are that it is daylight and everyone gets home early for school/work the next day. Downsides...you have to get up in the morning and maybe miss church (if that's your thing). Anyways, just a suggestion.

sorry to miss it. I would love to meet you guys. :sad:

pattip2000 said:

:hug: me too!

I think you can do it, if you can fly to Hawaii by yourself, you can do this.

Awwww I really want to see all of you again :hug: Hawaii seemed to be a cinch since it didn't involve me operating a motor vehichle :wink: Really though you do have a good point :hmm:

I've only read through part of this thread, but it seems like hardly anyone is able to come! Do we have a list of who IS coming by chance?

Here's the list of people who have NOT said that they are not coming (if that makes sense)

Me (+2 friends)
skjuls
Bayou12780
ylimeU2
Sherry Darling
Mrs Edge
Cydewaze
ntalwar
RademR
U2NativeSon

Maybes are BonosBaby12 & PattiP2000

i cant make it.....sorry :(

have some work stuff but will try to make it next time...wish i found this thread earliler.

have fun every1

Heard back from my friend in Jersey and he can't make it down so he can come with me. Guess Im officially out at this point :sad: Really sorry that Im going to miss my Hawaii roomies and everyone else who is coming!

With the next meeting I will be there hell or high water! :madwife: :wink:

BonosBaby12 said:
Heard back from my friend in Jersey and he can't make it down so he can come with me. Guess Im officially out at this point :sad: Really sorry that Im going to miss my Hawaii roomies and everyone else who is coming!

With the next meeting I will be there hell or high water! :madwife: :wink:

I’m sorry you won’t be able to make it.

It’s actually looking good but me. I’m just waiting to hear back from K :hyper:

My car situation isn’t fixed yet. I have one option that I’m thinking about for a new car. It’s strange, I can’t decide if it’s working out in the best way possible or the worst. It’s a long story, I’ll tell you about it sometime.

:hug: you'd better get your butt there next gathering :madwife:

Last edited:
RademR I'm sorry you can't make it :(

Shannon - we will miss you :hug:

Patti - I'm really excited! :hyper: I'm sure K will work things out with you. You'll also get to meet Clare, whom you've heard so much about.

redhotswami said:
RademR I'm sorry you can't make it :(

Shannon - we will miss you :hug:

Patti - I'm really excited! :hyper: I'm sure K will work things out with you. You'll also get to meet Clare, whom you've heard so much about.

Clare! I’ve heard so much about her. You think she’ll give me her autograph? Maybe I can get a picture with her :hyper: :wink:

Last edited:
pattip2000 said:

I’m sorry you won’t be able to make it.

It’s actually looking good but me. I’m just waiting to hear back from K :hyper:

My car situation isn’t fixed yet. I have one option that I’m thinking about for a new car. It’s strange, I can’t decide if it’s working out in the best way possible or the worst. It’s a long story, I’ll tell you about it sometime.

:hug: you'd better get your butt there next gathering :madwife:

Thanks I had every intentions of coming! Im happy that it appears that you are going to be able to make it after all though :). Promise next gathering Im there for sure! Well I better be or I fear that you will come after me with that rolling pin :wink:

Btw Im expecting pictures from you and Mia! :madwife: Wish I could meet the famous Clare :sigh: Will miss you guys :hug:

Good luck with your car situation Im interested in hearing how it all works out,lol.

To all of those who are going have fun! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom