Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had a blast in cleveland

hi everone, i just wanted to say i had a blast in cleveland.the elevation band that played on friday at the HRC . was awsome!.my husbands not a huge u2 fan but he even had a good time.and everyone that i met you were all such great people i had such a good time hanging out with you all. i wish i could have gone to the show on saturday but we had to head back home.mabey next time we can come back out to cleveland and hang out again. take care *hugs* :wave:

Re: Re: Pic request

gabrielvox said:

You two are in BIG trouble!!!

You were supposed to come to the 4th floor after the bar!! GRRR...:mad:

Well...ZooStation showed up and partied all night into the morning with us!

SO NYAH NYAH!!! :p:

hehe

:D :lol:

Nah, thanks for partying with us at Flannery's tho...Macphisto is HOT!!! :D

Yeah, we spent like 1/2 hour that night, walking around looking for you guys! We went up to the 4th floor, and we were all, "What numbers were they again?" "I dunno, I forgot." "Well I wasn't paying attention." "I'm SURE I heard 405..." So we went and knocked on everyone's door on that floor, lol. And no one answered. There was a party -- but it was a bunch of shirtless scrubs and we knew that wasn't it...So we went to a few other floors and did the same thing, lol. And then we accepted defeat and wrote a little note to take up to the 4th floor. And we ended up sticking it under room 405's door. So whomever was in room 405 woke up to a little suprise from some crazy U2 fans the next morning! LOL! :lol:

Gabe, if you're having trouble with pictures, send them to me and I will post 'em. fumbler1013@aol.com

Dot.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Well dammit so do I but I don't have a freakin' scanner!

Technology today! When you get your pictures developed you get them on a DISC. :tongue:

No scanner required.

What a GREAT Weekend!!

Hey everybody! Finally have time to post. My head is still spinning. Talk about a sensory overload weekend. Wow! Met so many people. I'll never be able to remember the names of everyone I was lucky enough to meet. Everyone was so fun. I think my face is stuck smiling.

Great music at the Hard Rock both nights. I can't believe they played for almost 4 hours straight two nights in a row. The place was packed Saturday night. I'm still hoarse from singing along. Wish I could have heard Zoo Station too, but maybe another time.

Loved the Hall of Fame. It was great to see Rattle and Hum up on a big screen and watch it will so many other fans. How cool to see some of the original lyrics written by Bono 20 years ago. Out of Control! How about that trophy from the Talent Show. The Fly Suit, Macphisto Suit, Adam's yellow Poptart bass, Larry's drums, Mr. The Edge shirt and studded jeans...

I wish everyone could have been there.

:wave:

Re: Re: Re: Pic request

PaleBlueDot said:

Yeah, we spent like 1/2 hour that night, walking around looking for you guys! We went up to the 4th floor, and we were all, "What numbers were they again?" "I dunno, I forgot." "Well I wasn't paying attention." "I'm SURE I heard 405..." So we went and knocked on everyone's door on that floor, lol. And no one answered. There was a party -- but it was a bunch of shirtless scrubs and we knew that wasn't it...So we went to a few other floors and did the same thing, lol. And then we accepted defeat and wrote a little note to take up to the 4th floor. And we ended up sticking it under room 405's door. So whomever was in room 405 woke up to a little suprise from some crazy U2 fans the next morning! LOL! :lol:

Gabe, if you're having trouble with pictures, send them to me and I will post 'em. fumbler1013@aol.com

Dot.

So were you the girl with CMM in the "7" shirt on Friday night?

I thought I saw you and CMM point at me on Friday night but you never came up to introduce yourselves :(

Sorry we didn't chat but you looked very cute in your "7" shirt :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
I thought I saw you and CMM point at me on Friday night but you never came up to introduce yourselves :(

Sorry we didn't chat but you looked very cute in your "7" shirt :hug:

Awww, shucks. :cute:

Yeah I remember that. She was pointing you out to me, but it was the middle of the concert and I guess it wasn't a good opportunity to go over and say hi. I guess I figured we could later, but we never ran into you again. I'm sorry! That's a bummer. :( Maybe next time!!!

PaleBlueDot said:
Yep! That was me! :wave:

i didn't know that was you guys! i would have introduced myself like i did to adamsmango ;) (sorry if i scared you)...i was the real tall blonde one that was with beth for most of the time...:up:

Re: Re: Re: Pic request

PaleBlueDot said:

Dot.

Aw bloody hell!!! We were staying in room 405, but the party was in rooms 406/407....are you sure you were at the Holiday Inn?! both doors to rooms 406/407 were open (the security lock turned out so they couldnt shut..) and there was alot of rowdiness goin on...at one point I had on my Joshua Tree cowboy hat and little else...JOKING...*ahem*..:lmao:

thats so strange, alot of people just walked on in...now Im disappointed, i really enjoyed your guys company alot at Flannery's!! :) :) :hug:

And I didnt see a note...maybe we just walked over it!!! That really sucks! Sorry!!

G

diamond said:

saving my nickles for Vegas:angry:

What the hell is in Vegas?Elvis is dead.The Rat pak is dead.
Sig freek and Roy have no U2 content.Please explain why Cleveland was not in your cards.:no:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pic request

gabrielvox said:

Aw bloody hell!!! We were staying in room 405, but the party was in rooms 406/407....are you sure you were at the Holiday Inn?! both doors to rooms 406/407 were open (the security lock turned out so they couldnt shut..) and there was alot of rowdiness goin on...at one point I had on my Joshua Tree cowboy hat and little else...JOKING...*ahem*..:lmao:

thats so strange, alot of people just walked on in...now Im disappointed, i really enjoyed your guys company alot at Flannery's!! :) :) :hug:

And I didnt see a note...maybe we just walked over it!!! That really sucks! Sorry!!

G

*falls over*
And we missed it. Ah shit. ;)

We were at the Holiday Inn, but not Holiday Inn Express. We looked for you at Holiday Inn Select. :|
But I did leave a message after I remembered that it was a different hotel. I guess you didn't get it.
And don't apologize! It was my brain that couldn't hear and Dot's brain that didn't listen. :p There will be a next time, right? We'll catch up then. :D

Stories for Boys said:

i didn't know that was you guys! i would have introduced myself like i did to adamsmango ;) (sorry if i scared you)...i was the real tall blonde one that was with beth for most of the time...:up:

lol no you didn't scare me! I was glad to say hi some people from the board! I wouldn't have known who you were if you hadn't have introduced youself to me! :D

Gabriel asked me to post these, yo. :yes:

Kite_I'm_a_Mannnn.jpg

Gabriel sings "I'm a maaaaaaaannnn!"

Kite_Extra_verse.jpg

Gabe does the extra verse at the end while Chris does the sweet little guitar thang

Y'all shoulda been there. Gabe did some damn good singin'.

Dot.

Vic's Cleveland Bash review

hi all,
had a great time this past weekend.

so Thursday i drove home to Cleveland from school here at Purdue (praying the whole way that i wouldn't be caught mid-blizzard). the roads were great, so no problem there.

i figured that if U2 were to show up to the exhibit, they probably would wanna check out the Rock Hall entire, not just their own stuff. so, since the preview wasn't till Saturday and most people would be working Friday (and thus not at the Rock Hall), i decided to go spend my Friday there. i figured if U2 was there, great, if not, i'd check out the rock hall anyways. well, they weren't :(
i did, however, meet 2 very nice rock hall employees who talked to me for quite some length. one was working in May 2001 during U2's Cleveland Elevation stop and took Bono around the Rock Hall on 2 separate occasions. she said he was very short (i can attest to that!) and extremely quiet - no rock star attitude at all. i also managed to meet the curator Jim Henke and thanked him for (1) bringing the exhibit here and (2) getting so much stuff for it. Looking at the 4th floor i noticed that 1 of the Anton Corbijn pictures was mislabeled (it was Bono w/ a motorcycle during Elevation-era, but was labeled 1997).

that night i was at the Hard Rock bash and met some really nice folks: Elvis/Joel, HelloAngel/Carrie, Anita & Ron from MN, etc.
Elevation was a great tribute band. i was really impressed. i talked w/ Danno a bit before and he really has studied Bono's live show. besides looking like him, he's got the mannerisms down, including the talking w/ a slight Irish accent, hugging himself w/ 1 arm while singing, etc. i can say that while there were maybe 5 or 6 songs that were a tad off (not exact audio replicas of U2), Elevation more than made up for it in endurance -- they played from 10pm to 1:45am with only about a 5 minute break to change clothes! i was exhausted just watching them! Danno did a great job w/ switching up the clothes, hats, and shades to correspond with Bono's evolving style.

early Saturday afternoon i went to the Rock Hall w/ my fiance and we checked out everything. at 4:30pm the curator Mr. Henke began showing media and VIP people around the exhibit (the 4th floor was open to the public but the 5th and 6th floors were guarded). Ran into Elvis and HelloAngel as they were walking about taking pix. i met Mr. Henke again and showed him the mislabeled photo on the wall. he got kinda perturbed and said they would fix it right away. At that point they began shutting down the Rock Hall so they could have people with tickets line up outside. i was walking downstairs to leave when Mr. Henke asked if i had seen the 5th and 6th floors yet. i told him "no" (obviously) and he told me to come up - he would let me into it. so up i went, no hassle from security, and beheld the exhibit. nice stuff (i won't ruin it for everyone) but suffice to say there was early artifacts, rejection letters from record companies, and handwritten lyrics. did this boy take pictures of the latter? does a bear crap in the woods? i was kinda nervous, but then remembered that i had the curator's approval to be up in there...
went downstairs, waited in line to get in at 6:30pm, and saw everything again!

anyways, the food was great, Mr. Henke made a nice speech (interrupted by a bagpipe contingent bearing apologies from the band for not being there). by that point i kinda already knew they weren't gonna show because i had read an article somewhere where Larry was talking about being too busy working on the new album in Dublin. also, folks, let us not forget that the U.S. had just gone to "Orange Level Alert" for national security a day or 2 before. not the best time to be flying intercontinental for our boys, IMHO.

afterwards we were gonna check out Elevation again, but we were exhausted and just crashed.

it was great meeting everyone! Elvis & Carrie, great job on the site. Ron, thanks again for the present.

If there's 1 contemporary band that deserves the Rock Hall treatment, i would have to say it's U2. overall, a great few days in Cleveland!

Victor

Last edited:
Twas indeed a great weekend!

I was great to meet so many great U2 fans, see the awesome exhibit, and enjoy Elevation. Tried to get to Zoostation, but my husband was getting burned out (a casual fan). Will post later with pics.

Re: Vic's Cleveland Bash review

victoryu said:
Looking at the 4th floor i noticed that 1 of the Anton Corbijn pictures was mislabeled (it was Bono w/ a motorcycle during Elevation-era, but was labeled 1997).
Aha, you caught that too! Did you see the one in the corner of Bono with a shaved head and yellow sunglasses labled 2001? Mmm-hmm. Someone wasn't paying attention!

Your story is great! Are you going to share your pictures with the rest of us? :wink: If I'd gotten the chance, I would have taken about 50 of the handwritten Out Of Control.

Yeah , i noticed the mislabeled pic too, .........

although on Sunday as I went through someone had taken a 3 by 5 notecard with the correct caption and set it on top of the frame.........

kinda funny.....

:lol:

Wow! Sounds like y'all had a gr-8 time! and my sees almost popped out when I saw YOu Danno! Whew....definetly have to take a double take! Sorry I missed all the fun! gr-8 pics who ever they are.

Wow..I am impressed at all the Well informed fans U2 has! After all, it was Bono that said their fans are very smart! Oh yeah! Keep 'em on their toes, ya all! Ha-I love THIS crowd!

Back
Top Bottom