Cleveland - Feb7th-9th - Please Post Here If You Are Going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So where is everyone staying? I just booked at the Wyndham on Euclid, I think its in the heart of downtown, and heres a tip.......use priceline..

Cost me a total of 50 bucks after taxes for one night.......

Elvis - what 2 areas did you say to search in on Priceline?

*edit - I did actually use Priceline but included the area by the airport and that's what we got for Saturday night, 2 rooms for $25 each (about $60 total after taxes, fees etc).

Last edited:
I searched for downtown only, i wanna be able to walk everywhere..........im sharing the room with a friend so its half the amount actually.....

Oh....They made it sound like you had to pick 2 areas for them to search. I'm not complaining about $10 for the night, and we'll have my car to get around. So excited!! :hyper:

yeah, but theres no guarantee I can get the Wyndham too tho...thats the catch...and then they charge you right away and put you in whatever hotel they want...

Id better not..I could get some pretty pissed off people on my hands if i screw it up...damn! That place looks nice!

G

gabrielvox said:
Call the Holiday Inn...I think the unofficial 'U2 Rate' is about $65/night..
Thanks, I'll try that.
I love plastic!

gabrielvox said:
yeah, but theres no guarantee I can get the Wyndham too tho...thats the catch...and then they charge you right away and put you in whatever hotel they want...

Id better not..I could get some pretty pissed off people on my hands if i screw it up...damn! That place looks nice!

G

Yeah, I may have just gotten lucky, it does look nice from the pic. It also seems to be very close to everything......

I'll be there with my honey and a die-hard U2 fan buddy of ours...I'm mostly a lurker but DEAR GOD am I excited about this! the exibit, and meeting interferers....

ok, so seriously, someone should start a thread about what we're all going to WEAR!!! I have not been able to think of anything else since I got the tickets!!

Hi all,
This is D. Victor Yu -- new to Interference but a long-time U2 fan. Met Bono in Philly 1997 and the man is short! (i can talk cuz i'm not much taller...).

Anyways, my fiance and I are both Clevelanders and will be in attendance at both the exhibit opening and the Hard Rock Cafe gatherings. (I'm actually in Indiana right now finishing my MBA at Purdue University).

For those looking for lodging/places to hang out/drink & eat:
look for areas near East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue. The Rock Hall is on East 9th where it meets the highway (Interstate 90). The Hard Rock Cafe is inside the Tower City mall, which is in Public Square, which sits on Euclid Avenue. If you were standing on the corner of East 9th & Euclid, you would head north to get to the RnRHoF and west to get to the Hard Rock. It is feasible to walk from the one place to the other, but I highly recommend you do NOT do this -- Cleveland in the winter sucks the hairy wazoo. The Tower City mall has lots of places to shop, though they tend to be more upscale. On the far side of Public Square is the Warehouse district, where there are a lot of jazz bars and upscale restaurants. A couple blocks west and down the hill (beneath the big bridge) is the Flats -- a rowdier, seedier version of the warehouse district. Those who like concert clubs and strip clubs want to be here. Next to the Rock Hall is the Great Lakes Science Center, which has its own IMAX theater. On the other side is a Coast Guard station.

any other questions, drop me a line at: dyu@mgmt.purdue.edu

Victor

victoryu said:
Hi all,
This is D. Victor Yu -- new to Interference but a long-time U2 fan. Met Bono in Philly 1997 and the man is short! (i can talk cuz i'm not much taller...).

Anyways, my fiance and I are both Clevelanders and will be in attendance at both the exhibit opening and the Hard Rock Cafe gatherings. (I'm actually in Indiana right now finishing my MBA at Purdue University).

For those looking for lodging/places to hang out/drink & eat:
look for areas near East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue. The Rock Hall is on East 9th where it meets the highway (Interstate 90). The Hard Rock Cafe is inside the Tower City mall, which is in Public Square, which sits on Euclid Avenue. If you were standing on the corner of East 9th & Euclid, you would head north to get to the RnRHoF and west to get to the Hard Rock. It is feasible to walk from the one place to the other, but I highly recommend you do NOT do this -- Cleveland in the winter sucks the hairy wazoo. The Tower City mall has lots of places to shop, though they tend to be more upscale. On the far side of Public Square is the Warehouse district, where there are a lot of jazz bars and upscale restaurants. A couple blocks west and down the hill (beneath the big bridge) is the Flats -- a rowdier, seedier version of the warehouse district. Those who like concert clubs and strip clubs want to be here. Next to the Rock Hall is the Great Lakes Science Center, which has its own IMAX theater. On the other side is a Coast Guard station.

any other questions, drop me a line at: dyu@mgmt.purdue.edu

Victor

Hey, welcome and thanks for the tips. This will be my second trip to what was formerly known as "the mistake by the lake" and Ive booked a room at the Wyndham on Euclid which looks to be in the middle of the action. I will hit the flats for an evening as well, good scene.

cya round

Please stay aware of the Invasion thread. New information has come out today that is NOT fan-friendly to cash-strapped travelers. But please know - that Interference WILL work out alternate and thusly, cheaper, details for hanging out

"We've heard a rumor that the Hard Rock Cafe is going to charge everyone $15 entrance into the Cafe on both days! Apparently they are doing this in cahoots with atu2. We are aware that many people are not in the position to spend ANOTHER $15+ dollars just to hang out, and watch a tribute band.

More info, and a possible alternate location, to come.. stay tuned...

and, let us know, what do you want to do...

Pay $15 to be at HRC? or go somewhere else for FREE?"

victoryu said:

revelation!
You mean I'm NOT the only U2 fan at Purdue?!
And I thought I was... :dance:
*purdue high five*

Eeeeep - I didn't realize *that's* what you were talking about in your journal - that's ridiculous......

Just a thought to keep in mind about an alternate place - we have several people coming that are not 21 - would be best to have a place with no age restriction, or at max 18 and up.......

bonosloveslave said:
Eeeeep - I didn't realize *that's* what you were talking about in your journal - that's ridiculous......

Just a thought to keep in mind about an alternate place - we have several people coming that are not 21 - would be best to have a place with no age restriction, or at max 18 and up.......

Yah... will do.... I'm _REALLY_ kind so ill from this bit of info... I'm actually disgusted at the thought of trying to profit off fans just gathering BEFORE an event.

I want to come but I haven't decided yet!!

I live in Bloomington, Indiana right now and it's about 5-6 hours away. Plus, I would have to check on how much it would cost!

Yikes, I'm a poor Graduate Student!!

Would love to come!

Hey folks,
Check out the U2 Tribute "Zoo Station" at Flannerys Irish Pub
in the warehouse district of Cleveland. I think there cover charge
is only $5.00. these guys are from Cleveland.

gabrielvox said:
Dude post up full directions and everything. I'd probably like to check out Zoo Station on Friday night. Is this far from Dowtown Cleveland??

no, it is not far. the warehouse district is a few blocks north of Public Square, where the Hard Rock Cafe is. it's also southwest of the Rock Hall. easily a 5 minute drive.

victor

Would you all be interested in Friday nights HRC party if the price was substantially discounted???

I'd be substantially interested in both nights if both nights were substantially discounted....LOL...

Actually price prob wont be everything for me, altho $15 is rather steep for a tribute...

Personally I'd just like to go to two different bands in the same weekend, see different people etc. But I think my group is pretty set on Saturday at the HRC.

Back
Top Bottom