Chicago pre-show with Vertigo USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vertigo USA

Babyface
Hi Everyone!

Vertigo USA will perform the day before the July 5th U2 concert at a festival, leaving plenty of time for you GAer's to get in line afterward.

Vertigo's show is in Itasca IL on July 4th which is about 30 minutes west of Soldier Field.

Details at Vertigo USA - The U2 Tribute Band

Thanks, hope to see some of you there!

Ohhh..... wow. Really was looking forward to a tribute band show, but that is a real nightmare to get to if you're not local. 45 minute taxi, no public transportation on a holiday out there (no Metra).

You really should consider having the show somewhere closer to downtown if at all possible, I'm sure that many travelling fans would love to go! Is that even a possibility? You should consider it, really.... ;)

Will be in town from July 3-6, and I'd LOVE to go to something like this!

The show is a festival, Vertigo performs from 7pm to 8:30pm, train schedule shouldn't be an issue.

OH! In that case.... :up::up::up::up:

I assumed incorrectly that you were playing at a pub or something ;)

That's wonderful - it actually works well! My friend is interested in the fireworks, and with an early start/finish like that we could potentially do both!

Will very likely see you there! :wave::wave::wave:

Totally planning on this one still. What time would the fireworks start downtown? 10? 11?

Sorry, stupid Canadian question... I don't know when it gets dark there...

All right... I'm answering my own questions here but I'm trying to figure this all out for those of us coming from downtown for this.

The City Of Chicago has apparently cancelled the fireworks. All there is is the Navy Pier ones. So, it's not even worth being downtown. And this is a fireworks festival you guys are playing at, so there will be fireworks there - win.

Will take the commuter train out but need to get back downtown after. Basically should we be able to get to O'Hare by taxi maybe and then just take the L downtown? That's what I'm looking to do now, because with the last train leaving at 10:38 that's going to cut it close. If we make it, fine, but I don't want to be stuck 25 miles away from my hotel downtown...

Where is the METRA station in relation to the festival site? I've tried to find these things online and I can't get an answer, there's no real directions for travellers.

Back
Top Bottom