British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I'm not at uni I live really close to Twickenham stadium and they played there last tour, but now that the new Wembley is finished I guess it is inevitable that they will play there. So fingers crossed they play over the summer or sometime when I'm at home otherwise it will work out vair expensive for me :uhoh: Here's to wishful thinking that they play some "smaller" venues too. If only :wink:

Whereabouts are the Brits being held? Because even by car London is a good 5 hours from here and yeah, can't afford it and it's too far - not to mention it's mid-term - bah, typical! :wink:

I think on TV will have to do, but I am mollified with the prospect of tomorrow and hearing the new single for the "first" time (I couldn't help myself and downloaded the snippet, I wish I hadn't). So do you think you will make it?

Erm... London? Haha I'm not sure where! 5 hours?! Really.. man it's about that for me and I'd have thought I was loads further. I'll have a bash at getting tickets and see where I go from there. Only because I'm guessing the tours going to be in a bit of an awkward time (during my a-levels). Damnit!

Physically can't wait for the single - I've actually held out and not listened to the snippets, somehow! I've heard the beachclips and love the new 'sound' they've got going on. I have a feeling GOYB's will be good just based on that. Was the snippet any good?!

:wave: hey!!

Yep, of course I'm English, geordie girl in fact. :D Just also a bit of a chili peppers fan.:D and yeah, the name is a bit misleading lol:lol:

Love the Chili Peppers, I guessed it was a reference :D I bet you have a super accent then... loove geordie accents :drool:

Erm... London? Haha I'm not sure where! 5 hours?! Really.. man it's about that for me and I'd have thought I was loads further. I'll have a bash at getting tickets and see where I go from there. Only because I'm guessing the tours going to be in a bit of an awkward time (during my a-levels). Damnit!

Physically can't wait for the single - I've actually held out and not listened to the snippets, somehow! I've heard the beachclips and love the new 'sound' they've got going on. I have a feeling GOYB's will be good just based on that. Was the snippet any good?!

Love the Chili Peppers, I guessed it was a reference :D I bet you have a super accent then... loove geordie accents :drool:

Yep, got a geordie accent.......well sort of. Think sorta like Cheryl Cole. :D

Oh yeah, the snippet is GOOOD!! :rockon:

Like Ross Noble?? I love him :heart: haha. I liked the snippet very much, it struck me as a sort of Achtung/Elevation/Vertigo hybrid. Can't wait to hear the whole thing :)

Ross Noble.....haha :lol:

Yep, I liked the snippet a whole lot.......very elevation :rockon: and I just love elevation:heart: :rockon:

BTW what will happen to that thread where we all posted our email addresses? seeing as how we can't edit our posts now?:hmm:

Don't laugh I actually love him! haha, I'm going to see him in London in April :hyper: Comedy genius.

The sexy boots lyric made me cringe a bit, but I'm thinking maybe in context with the whole song it might sound better, I've listened to the snippet alot and I'm liking it more and more :D

What dyou mean about the emails?

I would like to see a few shows here in London and a few in mainland Europe. :love:

Don't hate me guys but on my first listen I was not jumping for joy over the new single. :wink: Will definitely give it a bunch more listens though!

Don't laugh I actually love him! haha, I'm going to see him in London in April :hyper: Comedy genius.

The sexy boots lyric made me cringe a bit, but I'm thinking maybe in context with the whole song it might sound better, I've listened to the snippet alot and I'm liking it more and more :D

What dyou mean about the emails?

Ahhhhhhhh gotta love him!! :D

Just wondered if anyone would delete all the emails? I'm not too worried though.:D God that email list is a spammers paradise.:lol:

Seeexxxxxxxxxy boooooooooooots. :rockon:

Dani, I think you're on my msn, and have been for a few years. o__O

Assuming it IS you, I clicked on someones msn profile and the name came up as Dani California. D:

Hello again fellow brits :wave:
Speaking of Brits..I decided against paying out the 90 odd notes they were charging for a seat in the nosebleeds. Sofa and tv will have to do! :wink:

Have you guys heard about the 18 February Killers/Coldplay gig after the Brits at.....wait for it.....Shepherd's Bush Empire!!!!!! Down the street from me; just about the most intimate, best venue ever.

Lottery starts tomorrow at 9am. I am registering and crossing all my fingers and toes. If I don't get a ticket I might be hanging around outside anyway on 18 February. :hyper:

ColdPlay and The Killers gig for War Child | War Child

I suppose I can technically post here now that i'm living in Manchester and all that, at the heart of the 'baggy' revolution:hmm:

Have you guys heard about the 18 February Killers/Coldplay gig after the Brits at.....wait for it.....Shepherd's Bush Empire!!!!!! Down the street from me; just about the most intimate, best venue ever.

Lottery starts tomorrow at 9am. I am registering and crossing all my fingers and toes. If I don't get a ticket I might be hanging around outside anyway on 18 February. :hyper:

ColdPlay and The Killers gig for War Child | War Child

That is one venue I have never been to, which is a shocker, since I am only a bus ride away in Uxbridge :doh:

I'm seeing the NME tour in Birmingham on Wednesday :up: I'm going for White Lies and Florence and the Machine... not the biggest Glasvegas fan.

Manchester used to ROCK in the 80's Much misspent youth up there :rockon: Goes on darn sarf too you know :flirt:

People continue to misspend their youth here quite well:wink:

At least I know I am if the other night is anything to go by:cool:

I didn't get chosen for the lottery for the Killers/Coldplay gig tomorrow. :depressed:

Anyone know anyone who did/anyone who is going out of curiosity?

Did everyone register for BBC's Live Lounge with U2 on Friday morning?! :hyper:

But only 200 people picked and already 8000+ have registered :|

I would love to meet a crazed U2 fan in this country soon! I never have. I have sort of been out of the U2 realm since I moved over here a few years ago.

:doh:

Did anyone get to Regent Street for the 'secret' gig on the roof of Langham Place last night!?!?! I found out at the very last minute and nearly got killed by a bus whilst running up Regent St. in the middle of the road!!

Definitely wasn't expecting to see/hear U2 on a roof on a Friday night!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::drool:

Back
Top Bottom