British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone get to Regent Street for the 'secret' gig on the roof of Langham Place last night!?!?! I found out at the very last minute and nearly got killed by a bus whilst running up Regent St. in the middle of the road!!

Definitely wasn't expecting to see/hear U2 on a roof on a Friday night!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::drool:

:lol: Good to see your love for them has not faded and "whilst"? Look at you and your English.

Hi Iris! I'm sending you a pm now. Finally.

When you come over you will prob. make fun of me. People say that some of my words sound English. What can I say, I am lame like that!

:hug:

I'm from the West Midlands Maty... never heard of the Eat Midlands though :scratch: :lol:

I am from the proper midlands a.k.a West Midlands (Black Country)

The East Midlands has no character

But i am currently in Scouseville

Hey, guys, I am gong to get a lttle bold here because I am getting desperate. I have a friend who is living in Leeds right now. He is an Australian, and he is there on a work visa. He came there because of a relationship, but that relationship went sour. He has been peppering the area for several months now looking for a job, and has landed one, but it doesn't start untl September. His plane ticket home, however, expires in August. WildHoney gave me some suggestions, which I passed along to him, and he has been doing the leg work, but so far he hasn't had much success, and it is all a waiting game for him.

However, today is no game, and he is having a down day. He has closed me out and wishes to be alone, and there is nothing I can do about it.

His name is Scott, and I care about him a great deal. Does anyone know of contacts? Potential job leads? Ideas? I hate to see him like this...

The job front here in the UK is pretty poor at the moment. You have a job and keep it. Too many people chasing the same job. Has he thought of Bar work? Not ideal, but will tick him over til September, and it can be very sociable, which is what it sounds like he needs to bring him out of himself. Just a thought!?

manchestarghhhhhh, only know a couple of fans but there a bit more casual than me. Cant wait for Sheffield but aint recieved tickets yet:sad:

Flash is still a business and has to make money. To get the U2 stage over and all the gubbins is about $4 million, then the band themselves would probably be looking for a similar amount.

Flash don't cover the costs with ticket sales and rely on sponsorship to make these events viable. Who knows it may happen, but when I last spoke to the guys in Flash they said it was unlikely to happen.

As for last night, Killers were great. Just a shame that they had to finish at 10.30pm. They had to leave the venue and head straight for the airport as they are playing for the CEO of Google tonight at his birthday bash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, I started this thread 8 years ago, and it's still here! Haven't been on this forum for years, but something made me pop in today...

Back
Top Bottom