Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Varitek said:
I got mine today too

The send back thing is for the post office or whatever - it means if the recipient doesn't get them. But you did!!

Cameras are definitely allowed by the way. Don't remember about water bottles. No food.

exwhyzee AT gmail DOT com so we can talk!

I received my seat tickets yesterday. I have no idea who I'll invite or what I'll wear. I just hope the weather is good so that the ceremony remains outside and we can all enjoy it. See you there!

June

how did you get seats? Are you a member?

Yeah I'm praying for nice weather otherwise some of us wont be able to go. :sad:

This is a shame, an Interference gathering locally, and I'm missing out. Oh well.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
how did you get seats? Are you a member?

I am a member so I called for tickets on the 4th. After 50 minutes on hold when the representative asked me whether I wanted seats or standing tickets I was so surprised I said seats. They are still GA seats so if the weather stinks and they move it inside I'll be out of luck. Pray for sun!!!

June

JCOSTER said:
I'll have to make a list of everyone so I can call out your names. :giggle:

-Adrienne. But my everyone calls me Adge.
I dunno..best way to get my attention is to scream OMG ITS THE EDGE! :D

YES PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!!

The Constitution Center website merely states that "thousands" will attend the ceremony. Besides the GA crowd there will be those folks who paid for the cocktail reception and the gala dinner, at prices of $1500 per person and up. They will have reserved seats for the ceremony.

I thought about a gala ticket for a split second, looked at my bank account and came to my senses. Sometimes I hate being sensible :madspit:

June (JuneT from the zoo and the Hawaii board)

I'm on the hawaii board too :wink:
yeah theres going to be tons of people there.
i hate being sensible as well lol i considered gala for like 2 secs.
do they have an official place where standing can wait?

The only thing I was told when I bought the tickets was that people could check in at 4:30 p.m. at 6th and Arch Streets, and that they would seat people beginning at 6:30 p.m. I guess that's when they will let all the GA people in to their respective areas.

I hope they are ready for us!

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

-Adrienne. But my everyone calls me Adge.
I dunno..best way to get my attention is to scream OMG ITS THE EDGE! :D

YES PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!!

You sound like a wonderful person, Adrienne. (I mean Adge :wink: )

I hope that we all get the chance to meet that day. :dancing:

YEAH! I want 2 go!!!
theyre never in PA and theres no way i can get to philly that day
=(
They need to come here more often!

JCOSTER said:
Thursday
Sep 27 Partly Cloudy
Hi: 83° Lo: 64°
Partly cloudy skies. High 83F and low 64F.
35%

looks good

AND LET IT STAY THAT WAY!!!

I'm going to see Bono get the Liberty medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got tixs.

I so hope we all meet.

They picked the right person this year to recieve the Liberty Medal. Such an extraordinary man for all he does.
Wish that I could be there, but I look forward to hearing about it from all of you. Will have to try and catch the webcast of it.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you for good weather that day.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
hey, if anyone happens to be hanging out in philly through that weekend, unforgettable fire is playing the 2 street irish festival in philadelphia on saturday afternoon

Damn, why do I have to have something to do Saturday?

JCOSTER said:
^ Val, are you kidding. Your definately going? YAY! :applaud:

How strange is it that you live on LI and I may end up meeting you in Philly? :huh:

I am so Freakin excited! I have seated tixs, but I would think we all have to enter in/near the same entrance.

Are the LI Pleabans still meeting for Across the Universe this Sunday?

How did you get seated tickets? Can I sit on your lap? :lol:
I'm really glad you are going. Who are you going with?

I was checking moving listings at the Commack theatre and its not playing there yet. Or it hasn't been listed yet. :shrug:

I'll be checking though. :eyebrow:

Myself and a friend chipped in and purchased a $35 membership which allowed us to call the day before. that's how we got the seated tixs. I am very impressed your husband is going with you. Mine would never.

the movie is playing in Stony Brook which is one block east of Smithhaven Mall on 347 Nesconset Hwy. I'm game for that if it isn't playing in Commack.

duuude i didnt know membership was only 35 i would have gotten it....oh well.. standing it is.

the 27th is too far away to tell what the weather is going to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom