Big Bash in Toronto Fri., Nov. 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
:wave: OPEN INVITATION :dance:

Yahoo Group U2_GTA, the Greater Toronto Area's largest and most active U2 fan group is celebrating year #1 of shared U2 passion and we're gonna rock the house down along with our beloved tribute band, Elevation, at:

Stanley's Entertainment Lounge
129 Danforth (Danforth and Broadway)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
416-462-3373
Friday, November 8th
Time: TBA
Elevation showtime: 10:30pm

Come join us along with many fellow Interferencers for a crazy night of U2 karaoke, trivia, live music, our traditional 4am breakfast and many other special surprises!! :cool: :hyper:

Affordable accomodations for downtown Toronto available.

For more info and to RSVP (appreciated but not necessary) please PM me.

Check us out......

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2_GTA/
http://www.u2tributeband.com/

Note: Security provided for large, drunken diamondfightbusters :sexywink:

Last edited:
I just woke up

Eileen,

Ill just say that it was the perfect ending to cap off a great first year.

I think most were already happy happy prior to getting to the pre party events which included karaoke, trivia, food, drinking, prizes, lots of hugs...

Then it was on to the real party...Zonelistener and half rockstar were in attendance. The Sweetest Thing was supposed to be there but I never found her...Jess had absolutely no place to dance...which isnt necessarily a bad thing...big crowds are great.

Place was absolutely packed...almost didnt get it at 10. there were some Universal people waiting to get in..band was fuking awesome..Among highlights was whole set devoted to Zoo TV...many costume changes...MacPhisto made an appearance...Sort of Homecoming and Two Hearts made surprise appearances on the setlist..a list that contained so many things.
Sound system sucked...could hardly hear the songs what with heavy base..but crowd was very loud and enthused...

Followed by a 3 am breakfast at the Friendly Greek...where Jeff fell asleep....

Was a great event, and a good night...and we're all very very tired...but we'll remember it fondly for a long time to come...:)

You should all have such events....ciao...:yes: :yes: :yes:

drumkeeran said:
Sounds like everyone had lots of fun.

Too bad I couldn't make it from Upstate, but there's always next year.

I had lunch with the U2_GTA creator today and we were talking about next years party!!

Let me just assure you that it is going to be bigger and better!!

The party was tons of fun, and Elevation *sigh* you guys rock!!!

I tried making room for Jess....but I had a camera-guy in my way :wink:

I had an awesome time....despite missing Lemon. I will be back for another show. Soon. And I will fall asleep again at the Friendly Greek place.

It isn't quite the GTA-Anniversary Show, but Elevation has another show coming up on December the 13th in Mississauga, which is quite close to Toronto... It will be the GTA-Christmas bash (and my birthday)!!

Anyone who is dissapointed that they missed Elevation last time should come out. It will be another great show!!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom