aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

I actually hate camping. Field trips were the suckiest part of a geology degree... the places we saw were awesome, we learned loads of things about rocks, but I hate roughing it, and I like my mod cons.

Plumbing. :bow:

Thank goodness, as a historian, I mainly just get to spend time in comfy inner-city libraries and such. :wink:

Rocks pwn arse-wiping. :wink:

If I'd had my way, it would have been a degree in fossils...

*waits for joke about how old U2 are or something*

Guys, I needed to make a blog post. I'm trying to update every day for a whole month for the first time since March 2005. But I've been so engaged in this postwhoring that I nearly forgot.

So what's a guy to do?

Of course, a blog post commemorating the Great Postwhoring: http://axver.livejournal.com/397296.html

coolian2 said:
And here i am doing a university degree which if i'm lucky will be completely unrelated to my future job
I sure as hell don't have a job that's in any way related to my degree.

Well, maybe in a very convoluted way... geology --> coal mining --> coal-fired power plants --> electricity industry --> billing department of electricity distributor....

And now I want to get into the publishing industry. :lol:

Alisaura said:
Rocks pwn arse-wiping. :wink:

If I'd had my way, it would have been a degree in fossils...

*waits for joke about how old U2 are or something*

On a related note, I'm trying to decide whether a degree in archaeology would be more useful in Egypt or as a roadie on a Rolling Stones tour.

Alisaura said:

Yeah, no field trips for you until we get that time-travel thing sorted out....

THEN I COULD GO BACK AND RIDE ALL THE CLOSED RURAL RAILWAY LINES IN NEW ZEALAND. :hyper: :combust:

Ahem ...

Alisaura said:
Well, maybe in a very convoluted way... geology --> coal mining --> coal-fired power plants --> electricity industry --> billing department of electricity distributor....

You better not be the person who just upped the rate I pay on my electricity! :mad:

Axver said:

On a related note, I'm trying to decide whether a degree in archaeology would be more useful in Egypt or as a roadie on a Rolling Stones tour.

On a related note, i saw the Rolling Stones on TV the other week. HOLY SHIT Keith Richards and Mick Jagger have aged horribly in the past year

Axver said:
:lol:

It was nearly worth sitting through Pirates of the Carribean 3 to see Keith Richards.

coolian2 said:

On a related note, i saw the Rolling Stones on TV the other week. HOLY SHIT Keith Richards and Mick Jagger have aged horribly in the past year

I didn't think Keith Richards could possibly age any more. I mean, fuck, if you carbon dated that guy, he'd be what, 50,000-60,000 years old?

Alisaura said:

I sure as hell don't have a job that's in any way related to my degree.

And now I want to get into the publishing industry. :lol:

Bachelor of Communications majoring in either Journalism, Radio Production or Public Relations and i want to fly planes.

Ooooooooooook

Alisaura said:

Breathe...

And I can't believe you thought of that before the Lovetown tour. :tsk:

Screw the Lovetown Tour. I've got the Rimutaka Incline to ride first.

coolian2 said:

Bachelor of Communications majoring in either Journalism, Radio Production or Public Relations and i want to fly planes.

Ooooooooooook

Could be worse. You could be an aspiring New Zealand historian WHO LIVES IN AUSTRALIA.

Hey, maybe you could fly me back and forth between Melbourne and New Zealand. That'd be handy.

Axver said:
I didn't think Keith Richards could possibly age any more. I mean, fuck, if you carbon dated that guy, he'd be what, 50,000-60,000 years old?
Carbon dating gets kind of unreliable after 30 or 40k.... which is one reason no one can agree on how long Aboriginals have been in Australia.

There are other dating methods though... Can't remember what they're called right now. Argon something or other? Or is that for really old dinosaur stuff... :scratch:

Axver said:

Could be worse. You could be an aspiring New Zealand historian WHO LIVES IN AUSTRALIA.

Hey, maybe you could fly me back and forth between Melbourne and New Zealand. That'd be handy.

It would be.

Ironically, it's probably cheaper to learn here and then get a job in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom