aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
I think I upped my total posts by about 350 today. :crack:

:lol: I think me too.

Now go the fuck to bed! Your guitar's waiting and it's getting needy. :wave:

coolian2 said:
The final three Pop tracks are magnificent. Thank you Adam for rescuing Velvet Dress.

It's a shame that in the effort it took to record Velvet Dress, Adam blew his bass ability for the next ten years. Possibly more.

Alisaura said:

I have stories about toilets in national parks that involve either a tiny wooden hut with a hole in the ground which is infested with GIANT HAIRY SPIDERS...
... or an otherwise decent loo which happens to be one of those septic tank things and is surrounded by the sort of thick, pungent stench that you could cut with a knife. We all learned to hold our breath for several minutes on that field trip.

All of a sudden, I'm glad I don't leave the city much.

coolian2 said:

I thought you might have wanted to know how the story ends.

I wouldn't have shared if my aim was shithouse.

That probably would have been funnier though.

Axver said:

That probably would have been funnier though.

Not for me it wouldn't.

That was also Christchurch....the same trip in fact. Funny memories to take away considering their fucking awesome bus station, watching Lancaster Park get demolished and taking a photo of their aerial photo of the Lovetown show that was there.

Last edited:
Axver said:
It's a shame that in the effort it took to record Velvet Dress, Adam blew his bass ability for the next ten years. Possibly more.
My crappy memory tells me that LAPOE was pretty good in that department...
:scratch:

Adam totally needs to record a side project and just go nuts.

Fuckin' Christchurch. I took chicken pox away from there when I was little.

Alisaura said:

My crappy memory tells me that LAPOE was pretty good in that department...
:scratch:

Adam totally needs to record a side project and just go nuts.

I can't say I really noticed much in anything on HTDAAB, but I haven't paid much attention to it for a looong time. Grace actually wasn't bad either, bass-wise.

And a solo project just makes me think of that Chaser skit about Adam's "root notes of chords" tour. :lmao:

Axver said:
All of a sudden, I'm glad I don't leave the city much.
You haven't lived until you're about to pass out from oxygen deprivation with your pants around your ankles, sitting on a loo, with toilet paper jammed up your nose.

We saw a glow-in-the-dark mushroom on that trip too. And rocks. Lots of rocks. :drool:

Axver said:
I can't say I really noticed much in anything on HTDAAB, but I haven't paid much attention to it for a looong time. Grace actually wasn't bad either, bass-wise.

And a solo project just makes me think of that Chaser skit about Adam's "root notes of chords" tour. :lmao:
I can't make myself listen to Grace closely enough to find out....

Must have missed that one... didn't watch Chaser much.

mysterious_jen said:
never ever going to christ church

i mean the name alone - CHRIST AND CHURCH -
WTF let alone the diseases.

pagan explodes . :combust:

Ironically, Christchurch, like the rest of New Zealand, is one of the most secular places on the planet, moreso than Australia.

Alisaura said:

You haven't lived until you're about to pass out from oxygen deprivation with your pants around your ankles, sitting on a loo, with toilet paper jammed up your nose.

In which case, I'll enjoy not living. Hey, I'm pale enough, I could pass for being dead. :wink:

Actually, I've never been 100% sure what a root note is. So the guitar's playing a C chord... the root note would be C?

I don't even know if a C on bass is the same as a C on another instrument... :der:

*needz lessonz*

Axver said:
In which case, I'll enjoy not living. Hey, I'm pale enough, I could pass for being dead. :wink:
I actually hate camping. Field trips were the suckiest part of a geology degree... the places we saw were awesome, we learned loads of things about rocks, but I hate roughing it, and I like my mod cons.

Plumbing. :bow:

coolian2 said:

I can't say i'm a fan either

But from an architectural standpoint......wow.

Yeah, the cathedral's great to look at, and going up to the top of the spire is worth it. But I can't say I care about whatever they want to tell me on a Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom