atlanta, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
in late november (before thanksgiving though) i'll be in atlanta for a day or two. thing is, i'm not sure what all to do or where to go. i'll be there for two nights, i'll be driving up with my mom at least, possibly also my hubby and dad. one night i'm going to see a concert.

this is what i'm wondering: anything else worth seeing aside from the coca-cola museum? or anything to check out that's near that? also, being a chick-fil-a lover, i know the first one opened there. i doubt there's a museum as they're too low-key, but is there a special one nearby that's like the first one or something?

also, any restaurant recommendations? one place i'm definitely checking out is chequers, i went there last time i was there and the food was heavenly. although i was disappointed to do some searching and notice the one i went to in the monarch tower appears to have closed.

any help would be appreciated. :wink:

coke musuem is boring. stay away from underground. too much hype and it is not really a nice area right now. do not go to buckhead. the crime is terrible. someone was shot and killed last night after leaving a bar. there are a billion chick-fil-a's here but no musem, not that i know of. there are better resturants than chequers. but if you go to chequers, that is across the street from my office. :sexywink:

Emeril just opened up his resturant here. :up: i of course recommend that.

believe me, you don't have to tell me about underground. we stayed at the hotel there in 2001 and we were freaked. but i didn't know about buckhead, that's where we spent so much time last time. we're looking at hotels there. shit.

ooh, the chequers is across from your office eh? i'm checking out emeril's restaurant, except the menu link isn't working. do you know what kinda food they serve there? if it's anything like what he makes on food network, it would be hit or miss for me.

and i like the coke museum. :mad: i like coke and i thought it was fun. just tonight i was watching something on the food network, it was about the top 5 fun museums or whatever, and the coke museum made #5. so there! :wink:

ooh, i've got another question: the concert is at the tabernacle, which is apparently near centennial park. is that a good area?

duran duran of course! they're playing 11/21. tickets aren't on sale yet but you know i'm gonna be partaking in their presale!

would the buckhead area be all right if you were there during the day? like to go to the malls and such. i'm guessing it wouldn't be a good idea to stay in a hotel there, or are they pretty secure?

ohhhh okay, that's fine. i'm still too young to drink (less than a year to go though) so i don't really bother going in any unless they have great food, and the crime wouldn't be worth it. but if hubby came along, he does drink, so i'd let him know.

hehe, it's funny cuz that countdown is on again and they're talking about the coke museum right now. :wink: and i do love the malls there. i love lenox square and i like walking around phipps plaza because i've never seen a mall with stuff like gucci and armani before! (ugh, that probably makes me sound like a moron.)

any other recommendations? :D oh, and thanks so much for all your help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom