Atl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birmingham is a three hour drive from Atlanta. My grandmother was born in Atlanta when it was a dirt-road town. They lived where the airport is now.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:angry: you are just jealous that you do not live next door to me. ass.

personal attack are against interference policy!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope you get banned

Chizip...saying "sluts" in the first place was completely uncalled for, but I hadn't mentioned anything because she gave had replied to that already, and I thought that maybe we could just let it go.

You are most likely just being tongue in cheek joking, but it comes off as rude and inappropriate to people who don't realize such.

My apologies. It's just hard to tell if you guys are joking or not (no winking smilies or anything), so I just wanted to make sure all was good. :)

Hey fellow Atlantans....I'm in Athens at law school but also in Suwanee where the fam is on breaks. I'd love to meet some fellow fans esp. as the tour approaches, as everyone around here thinks I'm crazy now that I'm so pumped up for the new cd, tour, etc. :)

lauren430 said:
Hey fellow Atlantans....I'm in Athens at law school but also in Suwanee where the fam is on breaks. I'd love to meet some fellow fans esp. as the tour approaches, as everyone around here thinks I'm crazy now that I'm so pumped up for the new cd, tour, etc. :)

Go Dawgs!!!! I graduated from UGA. That's a great combination, U2 and Dawg fan :)

We are always going out in ATL and will most certainly be at Philips Arena when the greatest rock show on the planet rolls through town.

How often do you go home?

Great, timely responses!

Well, I don't go home too often but could if the occasion called for it (and of course getting together with like minded people could always call for it), and my sister goes to Tech so I have another reason to head into the city too. So yeah, I really should make it more often..!!

Oh yeah, I have a question. In 2001, did they play Atlanta twice, once on the first leg and once on the 3rd? (I just came here recently as I did undergrad in Ohio so saw shows up North...)

Which would be better? I've never seen a concert in Atlanta. I need to be as close to Bono as possible; I mean touching!!!!!!!! :)

Haha....I'd say at either venue, as long as you were on the floor level and close to the stage, Bono might reach out his hand to you :)

Did you go to the Columbus, OH show?

No, I missed out on that one....I hitched a ride to South Bend Indiana for the opening show of the 3rd leg, then drove all night to NYC to see the opening Madison Square Garden show 2 weeks later, craziness, absolute craziness!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :bono:

I was actually at the Columbus show, which all came together in such a random way. Two nights before that show we were in Cleveland, and by another random series of events and a couple of wrong turns later, we found our way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Any guesses as to who was there?? ;) Experience of a lifetime, let me tell you.

On this U2tours yahoo group I'm on, someone sent out something about getting there at 7 am the day of for general admission I think, only to be told by some other diehard fans that they had started a numbering system/line elsewhere or something...have you guys heard of this? Do you think this is something to worry about? I mean, I can handle camping out all day but I cannot give up like 3 days weekdays to wait in line...

lauren430 said:
On this U2tours yahoo group I'm on, someone sent out something about getting there at 7 am the day of for general admission I think, only to be told by some other diehard fans that they had started a numbering system/line elsewhere or something...have you guys heard of this? Do you think this is something to worry about? I mean, I can handle camping out all day but I cannot give up like 3 days weekdays to wait in line...

Hey! I don't know how "official" that would be considering there are so many different groups of U2 fans that will be going to the same concert. Ya know, I don't really think that this kind of numbering system is fair to everyone. We did, however, get to Philips at about 6:30ish last time to get an early spot in line. Then we did put our names down and got a number so we could save our spot throughout the day. We would come and go in shifts and it all seemed to work out. That's the same kind of thing we plan on doing this time, too. But, I have heard that this tour might be general admission, which in some ways makes sense since there is such a demand to be up close. With all the people having their own "systems" on how it should be done best, a first come first serve basis with tickets might cut down on some confusion. What do you think?

I think I might be confused....if you have general admission, it means on the floor, but you would still show up as early as you want to wait in line with the GA ticket to get in the building as soon as it opens and then stand wherever you want, am I understanding this right? First come first serve seems to make sense with this ticket so you can stand exactly where you want to (in whatever part of the floor you want)...I didn't do this in 2001; I just had a regular ticket for a seat so I didn't bother to get there very early

Ooooops!!!! Sorry about that!!! Yeah, I meant to say that the tickets this time would NOT be general admission on the floor, and they would be numbered and have a seat assigned....but, I don't know that for sure. Thanks for calling my attention to that!! Have you heard from anyone whether or not they are GA?

I think everyone is assuming or at least hoping there will be GA tickets like in 2001, but we don't know for sure since they haven't announced anything definite...gosh I really hope there will be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom