Are *you* going to the big U2 RARHOF bash?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well...there will be at least 6 of us...we could plan on it and hope others show up...

:hyper: i am SO excited!

i think she was saying that she didn't want this thread to get moved to gatherings cause people will actually see it here...

The best thing about the membership is you don't have to use your 1 special event for this. That leaves it for the fan surprise in the Spring. *more MORE*

I'm pretty sure my brother and I are going. Does anyone know of an inexpensive hotel within walking distance, as the flight out there will drain our entire cash flows?

We've had an alteration in our group's plans, if anyone is still trying to get a room for Saturday night, please let me know by PM or email me at bgrobson@hotmail.com. It is about fifteen minutes from the RARHOF near the airport, but very reasonably priced - please contact me for more info! :)

I'm so stoked for this weekend. And this will be my 6th visit to the Hall of Fame (I live just outside Cleveland)...

WERE COMING!!!!

The U2_GTA invasion of Cleveland is happenin!

I'm in a van with 5 others, and there is another carload coming down either late Friday or early Saturday.

We're going to all the events, there is also Zoostation to check out at a pub Feb.7 @ The Harp /4408 Detroit Ave.Cleve.Oh.
(216)939-0200

We're staying at the Holiday Inn near the Hall...

Just look for the guy desperately trying to look like Bono...:lmao: :lol:

I am going! I can only go to things happening on Sat. But look for me! I am going to the bash at the hall on Sat. Yell Sara! to me and tell me your name and we can chat! whooo! I will be wearing a blck shirt and pinstripe pants. I have sholder length hair now, but other wise i look like the pic! So excited it's so close now!

Attachments

• moi2.jpg
    moi2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 38
bonosloveslave said:
Ok, so I'm evil and this will get moved but there just ain't enough traffic through U2 Gatherings *wah*

Why WASN'T this moved???

:hmm:

Better late than never...:tongue: :D

Myself and fellow interference member "Bildo" will be heading up for the Hard Rock party on Saturday night, and go to the museum on Sunday. What is the deal with this party? I know the tribute band is playing both nights, but what all is going to be going on?

Also, on Sunday, how much will it cost to get in? Do I have to buy tickets in advance?

Also, anyone know if the band will be in town. Not Elevation, mind you.

C YA

My friend Sandra and I are arriving Friday. Plan on doing HRC on Fri nite - members visit to HoF on Sat - sat night is up for spur of the moment and then hit the road on Sunday

Got my HoF member kit in the mail today - timing is everything!

Mone

Re: C YA

YellowKite said:
Got my HoF member kit in the mail today - timing is everything!

Mone

Just out of curiosity, did your HoF member kit actually have a membership card? Mine had the receipt, a bumper sticker, and a t-shirt (and believe me, when they say one size fits all, they mean it!), but no card. I'm not too worried, because the lady at the HoF said I could use the receipt, but I could have sworn it was supposed to be in there.

Anyway...come say hi to me, guys! My best friend and I are going alone, and as I was out of the U2 loop for a few years, I don't really know many U2 fans. I'll be the super-short girl with reddish-brown hair, black pants, green turtleneck sweater, a black leather jacket, and most probably my "indie dork" glasses, as me+contacts+smoky venues=a bad thing.

Anyone taking a camera? I don't know if since it's a special event if they'll have time for the usual camera-checking downstairs as per usual.

See y'all there!

x sarah

RARHOF policy is no cameras in there ever, other than the lobby. I got the same little receipt thing, it's just a temporary card - I actually scanned it and sent the pic to the membership manager to make sure that was all we needed (and it is). :)

bonosloveslave said:
RARHOF policy is no cameras in there ever, other than the lobby.

That's why I'm asking about the camera thing. I know you're just allowed to have them in the lobby, but I was just wondering if they'd have the time/resources to herd a bunch of people through the camera check at the actual museum entrance downstairs, as you would normally do on a regular visit. I'll probably just take a disposable, and if it becomes a hassle I'll pitch it.

I wasn't too worried about the membership card thing because they'd told me I could use the receipt...I just wondered if I'd gotten ripped off and they'd forgotten to give me my real one! :)

juvenilia said:

That's why I'm asking about the camera thing. I know you're just allowed to have them in the lobby, but I was just wondering if they'd have the time/resources to herd a bunch of people through the camera check at the actual museum entrance downstairs, as you would normally do on a regular visit. I'll probably just take a disposable, and if it becomes a hassle I'll pitch it.

Considering the fact that this is a hugely anticipated exhibit, the Rock Hall WILL be checking for cameras, and they are forbidden. They are ready and waiting with tight security - they are taking no chances with this exhibit.

I say this because I have heard this directly from the Rock Hall and their spokespeople. Please don't take a chance to photograph items and risk losing your camera and getting thrown out.

Back
Top Bottom