Anybody Live In New England?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oliveu2cm said:
Assumption College!

Nice! :D I have some friends who went/are going there now. I can picture it in my head...

I went to a college fair there when I was a junior in high school, and that's where I found out about the school I'm at now! :cool: I hadn't heard of it before, so I'm so glad I went to that fair. Some cute guys even drove us from the parking lot to the gym in a campus van :wink:

Well, New England Fans - if you haven't joined this group yet, check it out. The group doesn't post alot, but things will pick up around tour time. If you would like to meet other U2 fans in the area, we're working on a get together. The current choices are seeing the Joshua Tree cover band on 11/28 in Marshfield or meeting at the Hard Rock Cafe at an undetermined date. We had a poll as to where in New England to meet and so far Boston is winning.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewEnglandU2Fans/

U2girl02 said:

Nice! :D I have some friends who went/are going there now. I can picture it in my head...

I went to a college fair there when I was a junior in high school, and that's where I found out about the school I'm at now! :cool: I hadn't heard of it before, so I'm so glad I went to that fair. Some cute guys even drove us from the parking lot to the gym in a campus van :wink:

Cool! Yeah I miss Worcester a little (hehe) all the old haunts.. some have changed now though.

Hey did you know that- the Worcester Centrum was the first indoor arena in the USA that U2 sold-out?? Apparently (this guy "high up" behind the scenes at the Centrum told me this, but he could have been lying) U2 gave them a plaque stating this fact, but the Worcester Centrum refused to put it up. :huh: I dunno why or even if it's true, but I thought it was interesting!

My aunt went to that show, too, btw. She got like 8th row tickets to prove to her friend she could get such good seats (they were in the ticketing business or something). So she went, stayed for a few songs, and then left. :| :scream: I'm not sure if I believe we're related ;)

I"m wicked late on this thread... :D

I live on the South Shore as well... spend a lot of time in the lakes region of NH in the summer!

Carrie... I didnt know you were in Boston now!! How long ago did that happen?

BostonAnne... long time no talk!! I've seen the Joshua Tree several times... at Jamie's in Marshfield too. I actually just saw them this weekend at the Beachcomber in Wollaston. They're good, but I wish they would broaden their playlist a little more for the the later albums. I was actually reminiscing (sp?) on the concerts this time 2 years ago - and was listening to my CD and heard your daughter tell Bono she loved him!!! :D

oliveu2cm said:

Cool! Yeah I miss Worcester a little (hehe) all the old haunts.. some have changed now though.

Hey did you know that- the Worcester Centrum was the first indoor arena in the USA that U2 sold-out?? Apparently (this guy "high up" behind the scenes at the Centrum told me this, but he could have been lying) U2 gave them a plaque stating this fact, but the Worcester Centrum refused to put it up. :huh: I dunno why or even if it's true, but I thought it was interesting!

My aunt went to that show, too, btw. She got like 8th row tickets to prove to her friend she could get such good seats (they were in the ticketing business or something). So she went, stayed for a few songs, and then left. :| :scream: I'm not sure if I believe we're related ;)

Yeah Worcester has definitely changed a little... the Common Outlets are really ghetto now and close at like 7 every night... or was it always like that? Haha... yeah but it's definitely more boring than I remember it.

Your aunt left after only a few songs?? :ohmy: I just found out like 2 months ago that one of my aunts is a total U2 fanatic, and I never knew! Haha... we're only related by marriage, but it seems like we're really related. Maybe your aunt and mine were switched at birth :hmm: (hehe... j/k)

I never knew the Centrum was the first indoor arena they sold out... that's really cool! I knew they played there, but that's it.

One of my teachers from high school saw them at the Paradise (I think...?) in 1983, at the show where they recorded a song for the Under a Blood Red Sky EP. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited:
She ls Raging said:
I"m wicked late on this thread... :D

I live on the South Shore as well... spend a lot of time in the lakes region of NH in the summer!

Carrie... I didnt know you were in Boston now!! How long ago did that happen?

BostonAnne... long time no talk!! I've seen the Joshua Tree several times... at Jamie's in Marshfield too. I actually just saw them this weekend at the Beachcomber in Wollaston. They're good, but I wish they would broaden their playlist a little more for the the later albums. I was actually reminiscing (sp?) on the concerts this time 2 years ago - and was listening to my CD and heard your daughter tell Bono she loved him!!! :D

Yeah South Shore! Represent! :D

Where in Wollaston is the Beachcomber??? lol I've never heard of it

YOU SAID WICKED!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

:shifty: nothing personal, it's like when a bully picks on you and you pick on someone else as some kind of misdirected revenge....i'm not laughing at you, i'm trying to get back at being laughed at....

i'm a freak. ignore me.

U2girl02 said:

Yeah South Shore! Represent! :D

Where in Wollaston is the Beachcomber??? lol I've never heard of it

It's literally right on the main drag of the beach... it was called Nostalgia for a while before it changed back again to the Beachcomber. It's not too far down from Tony's restaurant. It's a great place. Just a little hole in the wall. Great thing about it though is that it always has live music!

I'm in Rhode Island, and I'm trying to evict the word Wicked from my vocabulary. But it just won't leave!

My good friend went to WPI...we used to move her in and out of apartments in shady areas at 11:00 at night. One time she locked her keys in the car...that was great. :|

Schmeg said:
I'm in Rhode Island, and I'm trying to evict the word Wicked from my vocabulary. But it just won't leave!

My good friend went to WPI...we used to move her in and out of apartments in shady areas at 11:00 at night. One time she locked her keys in the car...that was great. :|

Yes.... Worcester has many shady areas :uhoh:

BostonAnne said:
I too have lived my entire life in MA :D I just moved to Walpole last July, which is next to Norwood - the town I grew up in!

Cool, I used to work in Norwood. Off of Rt 1, office building behind the new Stop&Shop, Home Depot...

My wife is originally from Vermont...way up in Newport on Canadian border...have been there a couple of times..real nice in the summer.....

ZOOTB said:

Cool, I used to work in Norwood. Off of Rt 1, office building behind the new Stop&Shop, Home Depot...

My wife is originally from Vermont...way up in Newport on Canadian border...have been there a couple of times..real nice in the summer.....

ZOOTB - that office park that you worked in is literally in my back yard. I live through the woods on the other side of the parking lot.

How long ago did you work there?

She ls Raging said:

:wave: Hey She Is Raging! I was thinking about you a while back as I hadn't run into anything you've posted in for a long time.

I'm looking forward to seeing Joshua Tree at some point.

BostonAnne said:

ZOOTB - that office park that you worked in is literally in my back yard. I live through the woods on the other side of the parking lot.

How long ago did you work there?
Was about 3 years ago. My company was just leasing it so they decided to move to Randolph. I miss Norwood, it was a much nicer builing and a much nicer area.

I used to live in New England. Grew up in New Hampshire, went to school in Boston. Boston was the greatest city I have lived in. I'm currently living in South Korea now, but maybe one day I'll come back to Boston.

KateInKorea said:
I used to live in New England. Grew up in New Hampshire, went to school in Boston. Boston was the greatest city I have lived in. I'm currently living in South Korea now, but maybe one day I'll come back to Boston.

Where in NH? I grew up there also, actually lived there for 24 years before jumping across the river to live in VT. I Love Boston also, I lived outside of boston for a while after college....it is the greatest city, we visit there often. LOVE IT!!!!! I lived for Filenes Basement:)

Back
Top Bottom