Any Maine U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I know U2 could never play ME. It saddens me. There isn't a place big enough. But Boston works. Or Manchester, NH would be amazing.

SMB

manchester NH would be pretty cool but that's also not big enough. i'm close enough in connecticut, but i might go to college in manchester, nh. pretty cool place.

I disagree about U2 not playing Maine based on the "no venue big enough" argument. In fact, U2 has NEVER played a concert date in Maine (not even as a supporting act) which of course includes the early years before they could play to 50,000 people a night. U2 played a number of smaller arena's last time around, specifically they played the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, RI (I was there for both shows). I believe capacity was around 7,000. In Maine, the Cumberland County Civic Center holds around the same amount, if not more. Having seen concerts in both places, I can assure you the venue holds about the same capacity. If U2 toured outside in the fall, they could easily play Scarborough Downs Racetrack in southern Maine or the old Loring Air Force Base strip in Fort Kent (Phish has played there a few times in recent years to huge crowds). Believe both could easily hold 50,000 plus fans.

Rather, I believe U2 shuns Maine because we are just sort of out of the way, really. With southern Maine's close proximity to Boston and the Boston area concert venue's, (about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on where you are in southern Maine) I suppose they figure U2 fans will journey down that way to see them ( I know I have for the past 4 tours). It's sucks having to travel, but we as a State just don't appear on the radar screen of big, concert selling groups. We either get them before they hit the bigtime or we get them when they are all washed up. Unfortunate, really, since Maine is such a beautiful State and probably most resembles the Irish seascape.

Anyways, the Portland Press Herald seems to be lobbying for the boys to come to town, so who knows, maybe they'll see the article and pay us a visit, but I wouldn't count on it.

LSTB
A U2MAINEiac!

im in bath maine

i have to admit ; )

they also play that canadian show...i forget the town's name its starts with an H its not tooo far i spose

hamilton is it?

Last edited:
A concert at the CCCC may take place in maybe 10 years. As far as big acts go, we mainly (Mainely), get comedians.

SMB

i dont think the CCCC would be big enough

there wouldnt be enough parking either.

bummer dude

Back
Top Bottom