any happenings in scotland/england?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spaceman109 said:
any happenings in scotland/england that anyone knows about?

I think there are a couple of u2 tribute bands in Scotland.
One in Greenock & another band called NU2.

http://www.nu2.info/

I saw NU2 at King Tuts a few years back and they were great.

Get yourself a flight to LA and meet me for a pint in Molly Malones on Jan 1st. The Joshua Tree are playing and they are fuckin magic.

www.u2jt.com

I've seen NU2 a couple of times. They usually play fairly regularly all over Scotland are are worth catching. No U2 news at the moment as far as I'm aware.

they're playing at Bannermans (NU2 that is) in Edinburgh on the 18th - i'm gonna be there

Thanks for that wee bit news. I wonder if they'll play any new songs?? That'll be interesting...!As long as 'Bono' has a new wig because the last one was dreadful!!

u2lassie said:
Thanks for that wee bit news. I wonder if they'll play any new songs?? That'll be interesting...!As long as 'Bono' has a new wig because the last one was dreadful!!

lmao!

so, is it worth the fiver u2lassie? i've never seen a U2 tribute band before...I'm actually thinking about forming one myself.

Definitely worth it, Ewen!! It's a bit cheesy to begin with and you're not sure whether to giggle but it's really good fun!! They're good musicians in their own right and have managed to create an authentic sound. I usually go just for a right good jumpalong with all the u2 classics! And if you close your eyes you can ALMOST believe you're within touching distance of the real thing! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Yeah, i heard their samples on their website and was totally impressed by their sound. Guitarist has The Edge sound mastered from what I heard. Hopefully a good fun night next Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom