any body from Slane 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was there!!!( my first and only u2 concert.......for now anyway!)
It was absolutely amazing!!! One minute i was screaming and singing, next minute i'm crying my eyes out!! what an amazing experience!!It was such an emotional rollercoaster of a concert, never ever been to any concert as good as that one!!!

Lil'Bono said:

It was absolutely amazing!!! One minute i was screaming and singing, next minute i'm crying my eyes out!! what an amazing experience!!It was such an emotional rollercoaster of a concert, never ever been to any concert as good as that one!!!

I was at Slane 1 and had pretty much the same feelings as you

Lil'Bono said:
I was there!!!( my first and only u2 concert.......for now anyway!)

its my only 1 so far too, where were you?

bonosbaby25 said:

I was at Slane 1 and had pretty much the same feelings as you

my dad was at that and i was on the phone to him for the whole thing, that was amazing, Bono talking about Bob and how he's now away from his sickness and broken old body, it seemed real moving

At the begginning of the day i was at the top of the field, but i went down to the bottom of the field to see Ash, and i got lost( i was only 14 at the time!!). Before u2 came on everyone started to push forward, and me being really small, got crushed. Two really nice guys helped me up and i had to crowd surf out!! It was great, the crowd went mad,i looked up and bono had just come out on stage!! The security guy lifted me down and asked were my parents were i told him, i was lost,so he said he would bring me to the police and get them to find them!! But u2 were on the stage, i didn't care about being lost anymore!! So i managed to ditch the guy. I managed to convince another security guy that my dad was in the area just outside the heart and he let me in!!
What a day!!

Lil'Bono said:
At the begginning of the day i was at the top of the field, but i went down to the bottom of the field to see Ash, and i got lost( i was only 14 at the time!!). Before u2 came on everyone started to push forward, and me being really small, got crushed. Two really nice guys helped me up and i had to crowd surf out!! It was great, the crowd went mad,i looked up and bono had just come out on stage!! The security guy lifted me down and asked were my parents were i told him, i was lost,so he said he would bring me to the police and get them to find them!! But u2 were on the stage, i didn't care about being lost anymore!! So i managed to ditch the guy. I managed to convince another security guy that my dad was in the area just outside the heart and he let me in!!
What a day!!

Thats so cool, I was all over the place I was only 13 so my Mum didn't let me get that close but I got pretty close when U2 came out, no security dudes for me, still the best day ever though

I need a picture to explain where I was. It was infront of the huge lights you can see on the video. Really I'm bad at explaining things. When Mobycame on everyone got really excited. When U2 came on I nearly knocked my sister out. I got really excited and it was really warm and crushed and I nearly fainted. It was excellent. We met a load of blokes from Monaghan there just before Moby came on. And before that we were infront of a guy who got really drunk and passed out/ was sleeping. We were never really sure.

I was going to ask you for a favor...

...but I now have Slane 1 on CD. Is Slane 2 on CD much better?

if i have to admit it then the slane 1 was a better line up, slane 2 couldnt have been beaten because of the atmosphere and then being re-lived over and over on the DVD, slane one is pretty cool, has key songs like A Sort Of Homecoming, I Will Follow, a bit of Thin Lizzy's Dancin' In The Moonlight and When Will I See You Again after One, Slane 2 has Out Of Control ya see?

Was at both Slane 1 and 2. Also at Croker 1, 2 and 3.
Slane definatly tops croker but not by much. Couldn't pick between the two shows, both absolutely class. Maybe the 1st one because it was my 1st U2 concert and i didn't know what to expect. I'd never even seen a concert on the telly. Was totally blown away....

Back
Top Bottom