Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated (yay!)

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet and family
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry
Outsider
Cleasi

I think we might need to rent one of these:

htf_imgcache_12178.jpeg

:drool:

:hyper:

I'm in for the bus if we are doing a vote? I know, I know, you all would want me to drive, but I think I'll take the backseat on this one :lol: and I'll take a brown paper bag and some drammammamine, just in case.

Nic and I can hunker down in the back of the van with our eyes closed, cold washcloths over our foreheads, a box of Bonine and Alka-Seltzer being passed between us like two nausea-winos.

:sick: :barf:

:wink:

Some cold water and meds if needed and you two's will be fine. (I hope)

Should be a fun trip. Just hope the weather is better than today!

Yep - assuming Jmath could get the day off and Cleasi doesn't have to go back to work and everyone wants to continue on to ZP.

Like I said, I can rent a van if need be - just let me know. The van one gets from the usual rental places would probably fit... 6? maybe 8? I'll look into it.

Yep - assuming Jmath could get the day off and Cleasi doesn't have to go back to work and everyone wants to continue on to ZP.

Like I said, I can rent a van if need be - just let me know. The van one gets from the usual rental places would probably fit... 6? maybe 8? I'll look into it.

Van sounds like a good idea. Any idea on the cost per person? Just like to plan ahead. (You know us financial analyst folks)

I'll look into it today. I'll probably have to pick it up Friday night, instead of trying to get out there early early Saturday morning. Then I'll just return it Sunday am when I leave, that way, Nic doesn't have to drive me to the airport. I'll look in the Entertainment Book - I think there are deals in there.

I'll look into it today. I'll probably have to pick it up Friday night, instead of trying to get out there early early Saturday morning. Then I'll just return it Sunday am when I leave, that way, Nic doesn't have to drive me to the airport. I'll look in the Entertainment Book - I think there are deals in there.

Sounds great. Be good to see you and for all of us to have a great day out in the desert.

So without the Entertainment Book right in front of me (left it at home today :doh: ) here's what I found:

If I pick it up Friday afternoon and return it Sunday morning it'll be about $170.
Same price if I return it Saturday evening.
If I pick it up at 7am Saturday morning :crack: and return it Sunday it'll be about $120.

This is for a Dodge Caravan that seats 7 passengers. Do you think this is worth it? Split 8 ways, if I pick it up when I get in and take it back when we get back from the day's trip it would be about $21/person. Is it unfair of me to ask y'all to split it with me even though you won't be using it the entire time I have it?

Let me know. And Nic, this sort of involves you, as far as when I return it, so let me know what you think. I hate planning stuff that involves other people; I get all stressed out. :gah:

Thank you so much Ms. Z for looking into the van rental. Here's the most-recent list I found for everyone who's coming to the Joshua Tree and Zabriskie Point on Saturday, Feb. 27:

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet and family
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry
Outsider
Cleasi

Who would like to go in the van? Who can provide additional transportation? Besides bonocomet and her family, is there anyone else who'll be leaving from Zabriskie Point and not returning to Ontario?

Thank you so much Ms. Z for looking into the van rental. Here's the most-recent list I found for everyone who's coming to the Joshua Tree and Zabriskie Point on Saturday, Feb. 27:

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet and family
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry
Outsider
Cleasi

Who would like to go in the van? Who can provide additional transportation? Besides bonocomet and her family, is there anyone else who'll be leaving from Zabriskie Point and not returning to Ontario?

I'm down for the van, ZP and returning to Ontario.

So without the Entertainment Book right in front of me (left it at home today :doh: ) here's what I found:

If I pick it up Friday afternoon and return it Sunday morning it'll be about $170.
Same price if I return it Saturday evening.
If I pick it up at 7am Saturday morning :crack: and return it Sunday it'll be about $120.

This is for a Dodge Caravan that seats 7 passengers. Do you think this is worth it? Split 8 ways, if I pick it up when I get in and take it back when we get back from the day's trip it would be about $21/person. Is it unfair of me to ask y'all to split it with me even though you won't be using it the entire time I have it?

Let me know. And Nic, this sort of involves you, as far as when I return it, so let me know what you think. I hate planning stuff that involves other people; I get all stressed out. :gah:

Me
BonoFox1
Dorene
Jmath
RedRocksU2
Edge_Orchestra
bonocomet and family
zuropa_fit
nicv
FitzChivalry
Outsider
Cleasi

I'm down with the van and ZP

I'm down for the van, ZP and returning to Ontario.

Just putting this on the new page.

Oh, you haven't heard this story? I'm terrified of them - in any body of water, including pools... cholrinated pools. When I swim, the only way I can keep from thinking about sharks and picturing them in the water is to do math in my head. :coocoo: If I stop doing math, I start to picture sharks just below or just behind me and then I panic and I can't breathe and I have to get out of the water.

Oh, you haven't heard this story? I'm terrified of them - in any body of water, including pools... cholrinated pools. When I swim, the only way I can keep from thinking about sharks and picturing them in the water is to do math in my head. :coocoo: If I stop doing math, I start to picture sharks just below or just behind me and then I panic and I can't breathe and I have to get out of the water.

:hug: I get that completely. When I first saw the movie Jaws I didn't go in water for YEARS, including pools, yes! To this day I still don't like it, and I think about it in even in swimming pools, so I just don't go in anymore. It's easier that way. :sigh: I know it's totally irrational! I also worked at Sea World for many years in the 70's and 80's... we got to be the first group of people ever to see the brand new first ever shark exhibit... pretty cool and it helped me get over my fear, but I still don't go in the water :reject: Sorry to hear you're the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom