Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a) Does anyone remember that contest, I think it was an MTV or VH1 thing "Buy our bus, Disco Bus"?

b) thinking about doing this again makes me happy. I hope it happens at a time when I can get a day or so off work to make it happen - gotta check my show schedule and finals and all.

c) um... I forgot what C was going to be - maybe C should be "Hey Maryann, ya doofus, don't forget your camera this time!" :shrug:

d) I think what we did last time was throw out a few dates that might work and we chose the one that worked for the largest number of people.

:hmm: I could probably rent a bus....
hippy_bus_036.jpg
...for all of us to fit....?
:)

Will the tires have tread this time?

If the idea of staying at the Harmony is still in play... might have to book that in advance. True?

Yes in advance is a good idea seeing as that there are only 6 rooms and a cabin. :wink: Also back when I stayed there at least in 2008 there was a 2 night stay minimum.

Oh and be prepared for the skinny showers. They totally cracked me up.

HarmonyMotelshower1-20-08.jpg

Remember the Harmony is about a 3 hour drive from the tree. When we went, we drove to the Harmony after seeing the tree and spent night 1, the next day we spent in JT National Park which is a few minutes from the Harmony and is gorgeous for photo taking if you want to see living joshua trees.

joshuatreenationalparksun1-19-082.jpg

joshuatreenationalparkroad1-19-08.jpg

Spent night 2 at the Motel again before heading home the next day.

HarmonyMotel1-20-2008.jpg

Still hoping to make it this time around!

By the way, since I was there last, they have restored the sign to the way it originally looked when U2 visited, so I'm excited to see that!

Harmonysignrestoration2-111.jpg

Harmonysignrestoration2-112.jpg

HarmonymotelCA.jpg

That is awesome that they restored the sign. :up:

Maybe those four dudes will be standing there when we go?

Have we a few perspective dates to look at? So that we can see if there is room at the Inn... errrr... at the Harmony Hotel.

Yes in advance is a good idea seeing as that there are only 6 rooms and a cabin. :wink: Also back when I stayed there at least in 2008 there was a 2 night stay minimum.

Oh and be prepared for the skinny showers. They totally cracked me up.

HarmonyMotelshower1-20-08.jpg

Remember the Harmony is about a 3 hour drive from the tree. When we went, we drove to the Harmony after seeing the tree and spent night 1, the next day we spent in JT National Park which is a few minutes from the Harmony and is gorgeous for photo taking if you want to see living joshua trees.

joshuatreenationalparksun1-19-082.jpg

joshuatreenationalparkroad1-19-08.jpg

Spent night 2 at the Motel again before heading home the next day.

HarmonyMotel1-20-2008.jpg

Still hoping to make it this time around!

By the way, since I was there last, they have restored the sign to the way it originally looked when U2 visited, so I'm excited to see that!

Harmonysignrestoration2-111.jpg

Harmonysignrestoration2-112.jpg

HarmonymotelCA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom