All Facebook Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read this and I think it works.

HOW TO GET YOUR FEED BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN: Go to "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" and then go to "NOTIFICATIONS." At the top right you will see a box for "E-mail Frequency." Uncheck that box and your feed will show all the posts again.

okay, I'm slow, granted, so be kind . . . in the old facebook you could customise who could post on your wall etc right? How do I customise the new settings to allow a person, who has always been a friend but was unable to post on my wall, to now post? I really can't be arsed with the whole list thing just yet . . . thanks guys :)

I just read this and I think it works.

HOW TO GET YOUR FEED BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN: Go to "ACCOUNT SETTINGS" and then go to "NOTIFICATIONS." At the top right you will see a box for "E-mail Frequency." Uncheck that box and your feed will show all the posts again.

A HA!! I did that accidentally and suddenly I had a "recent stories" thing instead of a "top bullshit" thing.

Somehow I was seeing your comments on other people's posts; people I DIDN"T EVEN KNOW. So I unsubscribed to that part of you.

This was happening to me with a lot of friends. My facebook page went back to the old style when everyone elses went to the new one. I guess you have to go and under subscribe, unlike the ability to see likes and comments for each person. Wow, what a pain in the ass. You would think they would have just had a way to do that for everyone.

If we do that, it won't stop showing that person's comments and likes on our own posts will it?

I unsubscribed to a bunch of people and now my news feed seems a little light. Also, some people that used to show up on my news feed do not show up anymore and I didn't do anything to change that. This whole thing is a complete mess. They changed stuff a few years ago and everyone complained but this is just worse. It's being talked about on my local news about how much the general public hates it. I don't even want to comment or like anything now because I don't want any stalkers knowing what I do. I have a few people on my list (family! :happy: ) that I can't delete or block because it would cause hurt feelings but they just do not need to know my every move. One of them went on and on the other day at my house how they really look forward to seeing my stuff there :yikes: :angry: So now with that stalker bar on the righthand side, she can see anything and everything I do.

Ticker on the right

fbticker.jpg

It does make it easier to creep. I'm just paranoid to comment on anything now, considering how many plebans are on my friends list! :shifty:

I like the ticker actually. I already was a massive facebook creep so it's an improvement from my end.

Me too. :shifty:

Let's see how many people delete me now... :lol:

To be honest though there are only a handful of people I'm actually interested in enough to give a crap about their comments on other people's (aka people who aren't also my friends) posts. I'm already starting to not really notice the ticker except when certain names pop up.

I like the ticker actually. I already was a massive facebook creep so it's an improvement from my end.

:tsk: :wink:

I'm already starting to not really notice the ticker except when certain names pop up.

yep . . . and the conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this (the slow creep of privacy invasion that we are all too apathetic to really do anything about) . . . I don't mind the ticker because I am an inherently lazy stalker ( :D ) and you could always find out what your friends were writing on friends walls by visiting their wall . . . I do not like that my status updates can be read by others who are not friends if mutual friends comment . . . but, I don't post anything of huge interest anyways soooooooooooo. . . :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom