2U at McGinty's in Silver Spring, MD -- May 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just called McGinty's. They said 2U starts at 11 because, unlike other bands at that bar that start at 10 and play separate sets, 2U treats the performance like a concert & goes from 11 to 1:30 straight through. Awesome. :hyper:

i went to go see them at mcgilligans in yonkers about a month ago and they never showed :shrug:

Nelson Muntz said:
i went to go see them at mcgilligans in yonkers about a month ago and they never showed :shrug:

Yeah, I think there was something screwy with the schedule they had on their website a while back. The 2U site had them playing in Virginia a few months back, but when I called the bar, they said they didn't have them scheduled. I'm assuming that since the bar for this time, McGinty's, actually does have them scheduled, and the guy I spoke with had seen them play there before....I'm assuming that means they'll be there!

Mrs. Edge said:
Very nice! :up: Would you and/or anyone else like to meet up for dinner/drinks beforehand?

I'll check with the crew---I'll be coming with at least 3 other people. I'm sure that if nothing else, we'll at least be able to get there a while ahead of time to hang out.

Woo-hoo! I'm excited! :dance:

Yup, I'm still going. I'll be there with two or three friends. My wife might skip out....she's had a long week at work & is more up for a lazy night in.

We haven't figured out our plan for the evening yet, but I'm guessing we'll probably get there around 9:30 or 10 (since they don't start 'til 11). I'll post again once we figure things out.

I'll be there in my "DISMANTLE" Vertigo Tour shirt. :wave:

Good to know! I think I might wear my Into the Heart (a Toronto U2 festival) shirt. Paul (cydewaze) will wear his Elevation Canada Tee. There are lots of pics of us in the Lemonade Stand picture thread if you need to identify us.

We will be there betw. 9:30 and 10 too. Can't wait! :wave:

awesome! yeah, there's a goofy one of me in LS, too. :)

we decided on eating at home & then leaving from my place (chevy chase) at 9:30/9:45....and it takes 10-15 mins to get there. We'll probably get there around the same time as you. See you there! :hyper:

Hey guys :wave: I’m planning on heading up that way with a friend of mine. We probably won’t get there until right at 11.

Steve- I’ll look for you because I’ve got some DVDs you might want

Mrs. Edge- Do you remember me? We met briefly in D.C. in Feb, I was sitting kind of near you in the hotel lobby right before everyone went in for Bonos talk, but I don’t think we spoke at all. I’ll say hi if I see you.

Any other Interferencers who are going- If you see me, please say ‘hi’, I’m about 5’7, shoulder length brown hair, glasses (maybe) and I’ll be wearing jeans and a green leaf printed top.

Hi Patti! I do remember you now that I saw you, and it was nice meeting you again, albeit very briefly! We are leaving for our bike ride soon.....not really in the mood but I'm going with a whole group so what can I do.

It was great meeting you too Steve, and hopefully we can all get togther again sometime soon!

:wave:

It was good seeing you, Mrs. Edge. Maybe one of these times we will actually get to have a conversation. I feel your pain about the bike ride today; I didn’t get home until just after 4 and had to be up at 8 to baby-sit all day. After I feed these munchkins lunch we are heading to the park so they can burn off some energy so we can hopefully have a chill afternoon.
Utoo- I promise one of these gatherings I’ll try and make time it so I don’t have to rush off to get back home and into bed!

I see that 2U is going to be back in September, anyone planning on going?

Hallo, gals! :wave: It was definitely great meeting you, Jess, and seeing you again, Patti! :) I agree---we need to get together sometime so we can chat & hang out some more...and hear what we're each saying!

I can't plan ahead to September, but it's currently the only thing going on on Sept. 1 for me! :wink:

Ah, so they're playing in September? Well I shall be there as far as I know! :) Hopefully we can all get together before that though. I have a huge U2 video collection, maybe I could host a party for the local DC/MD/VA people. :hmm:

Hi Jessica!!! :wave:

I'm finally getting around coming to the forums. :D

How did you like 2U??

The last time i saw UF, 2U was playing across the street and they were supposed to start 1h before UF so i thought about checking them out, but after listening to the audio on their website i didn't think it was worth it.

Unless we're not talking about the same band... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom