2nd Annual PLEBA Convention (that non-plebans are welcome to attend) - who's going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, ladies and gents.

After the raging success of the first convention in Chicago last year, the planning for the second is underway...

Now, I want to make it clear that, though this is the PLEBA convention, all are welcome, male and female, frequenters and non-frequenters alike. We don't bite, we want all who can come to be there.

Anyway, this year it's in Cleveland due to the greatness of the RARHOF, on the weekend of July 18-20. A lot of us will also be at Cedar Point on the 17th, there will be details on that later for those who want to go.

So, who all is interested in going? Also, if you could post your email address or email the Coordinators at splutti@cs.com, or Laura at u2babyface9@yahoo.com, so we can have an email list.

I'm sure I forgot something, so if you have questions, feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
that's right, everyone! the time has come! we decided to post this early for 1 main reason:

so people can get off work and start saving money now!

don't hesistate lest you miss another great convention! last year was a weekend to remember, and this year will be too!

try to be reasonably sure you can go if you email us...we need to count for hotel rooms, tshirts, favors, and the like...

now, i went through last year's thread and many ppl swore they'd come to the next one...SO YOU'D BEST LIVE UP TO YOUR WORD!

:hyper:

let's do this!
~laura, the other coordinator :)

Hmm...that's a little early in July for me, but my planning is only in the preliminary stages. For your convienence (however you spell that word :huh: ), go ahead and plan without me. If I can make it there on that weekend, I'll let you know so we can meet up. Don't worry about a room for me; I take care of those things myself.

Oh...jeez...this sounds like so much fun. I was insanely jealous when you all called me from the last convention. It sounded like such a blast!

Well...hopefully, I'll have a job before too long, and I can start saving some money. So...provided I have some funds...I would love to go!

BonochickKat@hotmail.com

hey daisy :wave:...i'm going to both...although the convention is in cleveland, we won't be spending mad amounts of time at the rarhof itself. we chose cleveland partially because it's a rather central location and partially because of the rarhof...there will be many activities planned...well worth it!

-------------edit---------------
although there are parts of this still not planned, if you guys have any questions at all, feel free to ask them here, or pm either of us, or email works too! we want everyone who can make it to come! if you have reservations you'd like to voice to us, we'll clarify!

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:
hey daisy :wave:...i'm going to both...although the convention is in cleveland, we won't be spending mad amounts of time at the rarhof itself. we chose cleveland partially because it's a rather central location and partially because of the rarhof...there will be many activities planned...well worth it!

Oh no! Like how little amount of time? :(

Hippy~well, not like MAD amounts of time. As in, not the entire day... the exhibit's not that big :) Plus I'd like to see the rest of it, since I didn't last time.
Anyway.
I'm sure if some people want to stay longer we can all meet up again later... it's not a problem.

I as well will probably be there in June 14 too. I also might be going back June 19...
mmm, repeated six-hour drive... :drool:

Last edited:
hmmm, me and minifly were hoping to take a trip to the RARHOF sometime this summer, but I'm going to be taking summer courses that don't end til the 26th, and we live in California, so I would need longer that just the weekend (this is assuming that i get in, since enrollment is limited). Our finals are the 9-13th of June, so we might be able to go to the June one depending on what days our finals fall. I will let you know as the time gets closer.

As of right now I wont be able to go but things could change, I am just not sure at the moment bc I have lots of stuff with the next 2months I am doing(each taking money that I dont have alot of at the mo')

I wanna go but it depends on what I'm doing this summer:
Do I have an internship or am I a loser??

It all depends, I don't wanna be sitting on my ass all summer bored!

Cedar Point sounds awesome as well, the roller coaster capital of the world!

Hey Hippy...I haven't seen the exhibit, so if the other girls get bored you and i can always stay a while and meet up with them later!

Everyone bring their cell phones! LOL

*talking to myself*

Um guys...*hides*

I just called to put in for my time off...and...um...well...

Me: I would like to put in for July 18-20 off
Time-off Lady: You already have off for the 15-16.
Me: Ummmm *thinking* oh no

BROOOOOOOOOOOOCE I HAVE OFF FOR BROOOOOOOOOCE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT AM I GONNA DO!!!

you're gonna get off for the 15th-20th....then you can do both.....you WILL do both :mad: :sexywink: :hug: we need you feeshy!

hotel rooms-->we're planning on getting rooms at the place where alot of ppl stayed for the cleveland thing in feb...it's a holiday inn, it's near the hard rock, and there are shuttles to the rarhof...we're going to check into a group rate, depending on how many of us there end up being...the rooms are big enough that we can all chill together. if it's cheaper and there are less people, we could get a suite and have ppl crash on the floor, or we could get a suite and a room or two so we have a main hang out location...at any rate, the rooms are reasonably priced so we're golden...:up:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Hey Hippy...I haven't seen the exhibit, so if the other girls get bored you and i can always stay a while and meet up with them later!

Everyone bring their cell phones! LOL

Yeah... it'll be my first time there and I really want to see everything! lol

But however it works out :shrug:

Kristie said:
I also might be going back June 19...
mmm, repeated six-hour drive... :drool:

Kristie, we got you a ticket. :) I really hope you can come! Also, if you don't, it's gonna mean a 9-hour drive for me. :drool:

;)

As for the convention, it's going to be hard for me to get there what with Cleveland not being in my backyard and this silly "job" thing I have in Madison. But we'll see. I really want to meet up with everyone again.

Stories for Boys said:

I KNOWW!

I really, really want to come. But I'm already taking off ... let me see here ... between now and middle of July, about 5 and a half days from work. And I don't know - would I fly there? Would PLEBA girls transport me to and from the airport? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom