2008 NYC Interference St. Patrick's Day Gathering - The Return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Headache, like the River? or the girl on the left edge...what's her name....? :shrug:

Here's a hint: the person is not wearing a hat or glasses, is not female, is not gay, and is not standing in the front row... :whistle:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Let's repeat this.

InterlanderGroup3-17-07.jpg

:love:

:shifty: I was there too.

Zootlesque said:
Let's repeat this.

InterlanderGroup3-17-07.jpg

:love:

:wave: back at you! I would love to be a part of a community photo shoot! I look forward to meeting the Interference crew, too!

Thanks for the links to BB Kings, friends. Are we all going to hook up there? Or just the locals? Is this a weekend thing for you all?

:hug: Getting excited about this!

Status check time! :flirt:

In:
LarryMullen's_PopAngel
Headache in a Suitcase aka "Cultural Advisor" :hi5:
cruzila
Zootlesque
Freefall

Maybe's (aka - people, you know you want to go so just book it already)
BluRmGrl & Mr. BluRm
unico? (Mia, pls confirm)
DaveC
kafrun
dsmith2904
AngelK
bonosgirl84
BonoManiac
U2girl1978

Not Invited (Since He Messed Everything Up the Last Time):
Manbearpig :mad:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

In:
LarryMullen's_PopAngel
cruzila
Zootlesque
Freefall

BluRmGrl & Mr. BluRm
DaveC
kafrun
dsmith2904
AngelK
bonosgirl84
BonoManiac
U2girl1978

I really do want to come but am thinking it's better to wait on this moneywise. Very sad not to be meeting all of you, hanging out with all the lovely Irish-American guys on St. Patrick's Day and freezing my butt off in the snow.

Called BB King's and spoke to someone. He said it was advisable to get tickets asap. I guess that you can order them online. The gentleman on the phone said doors open at 10:30, not 11:30 as the site says. He said it will be a crazy night and seating is indeed first come, first serve.

Have a friend who is picking up my ticket along with that of hers and her husband's. Look for Mr. and Mrs. Xris amongst the crew, if there are any Interferencers going to be amongst the crowd at BB Kings. I will make certain that the Zootopians are outfitted with some kind of obvious marker. (We'll all wear RED Armani sunglasses??? :lol: )

Anyhow, I will definitely be mixing it in with all of you. This is going to be one big U2 party!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

In:
LarryMullen's_PopAngel
cruzila
Zootlesque
Freefall

BluRmGrl & Mr. BluRm
DaveC
kafrun
dsmith2904
AngelK
bonosgirl84
BonoManiac
U2girl1978

Put me down as a maybe.

i'm in. i may be bringing 2 sexy guests, but not for sure. i'm waiting to hear back from the other half of my hawaii foursome...and also trying to figure out how to make "incompete without shannon" tshirts because it is true.

i wish you could come!

Last edited:
Freefall said:
Called BB King's and spoke to someone. He said it was advisable to get tickets asap. I guess that you can order them online. The gentleman on the phone said doors open at 10:30, not 11:30 as the site says. He said it will be a crazy night and seating is indeed first come, first serve.

Have a friend who is picking up my ticket along with that of hers and her husband's. Look for Mr. and Mrs. Xris amongst the crew, if there are any Interferencers going to be amongst the crowd at BB Kings. I will make certain that the Zootopians are outfitted with some kind of obvious marker. (We'll all wear RED Armani sunglasses??? :lol: )

Anyhow, I will definitely be mixing it in with all of you. This is going to be one big U2 party!

from my experience with BB King's...

they book an early show. which is stupid, but they do. so the early show gets out around 10ish, at which point there's a mad rush to get the first band's gear off and the next band, in this case UF, on the stage and soundchecked. the quicker this all gets done, the quicker the doors open. the later the first band plays and the slower they are getting their stuff off, the later the doors open.

i would highly doubt the doors will open at 10:30. closer to 11 seems to be about right. it is first come first serve, but it's not exactly a huge venue so even if you're at the back of the floor you're still not that far away.

and yes, the st. patrick's show traditionaly sells out.

unico said:
i'm in. i may be bringing 2 sexy guests, but not for sure. i'm waiting to hear back from the other half of my hawaii foursome...and also trying to figure out how to make "incompete without shannon" tshirts because it is true.

i wish you could come!

Awwwwwww Mia! :love: :hug: Love the idea of the t-shirts :wink: I want to come and party with you guys so much :sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

from my experience with BB King's...

they book an early show. which is stupid, but they do. so the early show gets out around 10ish, at which point there's a mad rush to get the first band's gear off and the next band, in this case UF, on the stage and soundchecked. the quicker this all gets done, the quicker the doors open. the later the first band plays and the slower they are getting their stuff off, the later the doors open.

i would highly doubt the doors will open at 10:30. closer to 11 seems to be about right. it is first come first serve, but it's not exactly a huge venue so even if you're at the back of the floor you're still not that far away.

and yes, the st. patrick's show traditionaly sells out.

Thanks much, Headache! Maybe it's a good thing Xris is buying the ticks now! :ohmy: ULP!! Never been to BB King's in Manhattan..yet! I guess we can anticipate chaos to reign...er, ever-so-briefly!

:bump:

Ok, so no real activity here for the last week, but let's change that, shall we? :wink:

In:
LarryMullen's_PopAngel
cruzila
Zootlesque
Freefall
unico

BluRmGrl & Mr. BluRm
DaveC
kafrun
AngelK
bonosgirl84
BonoManiac
U2girl1978
STFUNo spoken words

For those of you who have done this before; where do you stay? I noticed that places near bb kings are pricey in the theater district.. Any suggestions?? If I can find a decently priced hotel, I am dragging hubby and joining in!!! :lol:

wiechlvu2 said:
For those of you who have done this before; where do you stay? I noticed that places near bb kings are pricey in the theater district.. Any suggestions?? If I can find a decently priced hotel, I am dragging hubby and joining in!!! :lol:

Hostelling is a good way to save bucks! Ever check out Hostelling International? $35 a night, but it is out there on Amsterdam Avenue, close to the Central Park area. There are other hostels, as well.

wiechlvu2 said:

Avoid the Days Hotel on Broadway and W 94th. :yes:

new york hotels are expensive. you can find decent deals here and there, but it's rare.

if you're really tight for cash, try the hotels around the airports... JFK & Newark. fairly easy mass transit options to get there. it'll take longer, you'll have to sit on a train for 20-30 minutes, but it'll be significantly less expensive (unless you take a cab back to the hotels, which if you do that, you might as well just spend the extra money for a hotel in manhattan).

there's hotels in jersey city that are a little less expensive than manhattan... path train from WTC one stop to jersey city, short 5 minute walk (or less) to the hotels.

hostels? not my bag, but if that's what you're into, go nuts.

other than that? yea... new york is pricey.

Thanks to All for the information. I wouldn't mind spending extra to see the City and meet all of you. I have never stayed in the City myself, 25-30 yrs ago was the last time I spent a weekend in NYC and that was with family...so I really appreciate your feedback. It will give me a start, anyway...
I was even thinking of what Headache in a Suitcase mentioned about at least looking into staying on the Jersey side and taking the train in... Have you ever done that?? Do you think it is wise to travel back and forth that way (after the bars close) (do they run all night?)?? or do you think it is just better to spend the extra and stay in Manhattan? You have to understand, I am from the Mountains ....not used to trains and such...buses, yeah, take them to NYC from here.... that is about it!

...thanks, you guys, so much!!

Back
Top Bottom