When Love Comes to Town - Chapter Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One_Acrobat

The Fly
In my own little heaven with Larry Mullen ♥
Hey everyone!
I just thought I'd say thank you to everyone for their amazing comments on the first chapter :D ! They're all greatly appreciated!! :hug:
Now, I'm not really happy with this chapter ... :angry: But I had a HUGE case of writer's block :doh: So I'm not satisfied with this chapter. Does anyone have any advice for writer's block? :D :D

Disclaimer: I own the purse Elena carries and the coat. The rest is fiction.

“Hello...” It was such a simple word. So simple yet effective. It was enough to make the palms of my hands sweaty and my heart start racing like a school girl. It was enough to make my head whirl around and my eyes look down, avoiding his.

“Hi.” I answered nervously. I bit down hard on my lip and silently cursed myself for not saying something more interesting. There was just something about him that made me very anxious.

I forced my eyes to look up from the floor, hoping to let on that I was a lot less scared then I actually was.
“‘Hello’ is always a good start to any conversation.” Larry said with a smile. I laughed meekly. This conversation was going nowhere. I had to say something quickly before he lost interest.

“So ...” we both said at the same time.

I laughed “You first.”

“Here’s an inevitable question, what brings you to Montreal?” he asked, sitting down. That was one thing that I hadn’t completely figured out yet. Why was I here?

“Inspiration.” I said at last.

“Inspiration.” He repeated.

“Yes. Well to be honest, lack of it. I thought moving to Montreal might help me set my path and figure out where I’m going. I haven’t figured out beyond that.” I breathed in deeply. “It might sound foolish and childish but right now, all I need is to know that I’m heading in a direction.”

“It makes perfect sense to me.”

“Really?” I was definitely surprised.

“Yeah, actually. The best thing to do when you’re stuck is to get out of your head. While moving to a different city could be considered a little rash, it could also be your answer.” I noticed that Larry had a really nice way of explaining himself. Not to mention his undeniably sexy voice. However, I couldn’t do this to myself. I couldn’t let myself fall for someone out of pure lust. It couldn’t happen again and I had to make sure of it.

“So what brings U2 to Montreal?” I asked with a flirty smile.

“We’re recording here for a few months. Much like you, we were stuck and needed to get out of our heads” he answered matter of factly.

“Well then why Montreal?” I was truly interested. “Why not Montreal? Yes, we could have picked New York or Paris or London but we had never experienced Montreal. Why not give it a try?” he smiled. “What about you?” I sighed deeply, knowing the next few sentences that were about to come out of my mouth needed to be worded correctly. “Is it a long story?” He inquired.

“Ummm... well you see, my dad is paying for my townhouse here while I figure everything out. New York, London and Paris would have been too expensive. I definitely wasn’t going to make my father pay 3000$ a month for a tiny, rundown apartment. My townhouse isn’t the nicest but it’s a lot better then what I would have found in one of the bigger, flashier cities.” There. It was out. He officially knew that I was broke and still living off of my parents’ money.

“So you’re out of work?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m a photographer” I answered. “I have interviews lined up all week but no I don't have a job..." I breathed out. This might have been a deal breaker but I couldn’t hide what I did or who I was.

“You know you’re pretty intriguing.” Larry declared.

“Am I?” Was I?

“There’s something about you that seems... different” he told me, biting down on his lip. I cocked my head to the right. That was the first time that anyone had ever told me anything like that. He gave me a wide smile “I can’t seem to figure out what it is. All I know is that it’s there.” He grinned.

“I thought not smiling was part of your whole ‘I’m an Irish drummer, don’t fuck with me’ persona” I said, laughing.

I suddenly noticed Larry leaning in to me. “Shhh...” he whispered. “Don’t tell anyone. It’ll ruin my reputation” I tilted my back and burst out laughing. This was the first time in a long time that a genuine laugh had come out of my mouth. I pushed my hair out of my face and looked up into his eyes.

“You know, you’re different then I thought you would be.” I told him.

“Really? Different how?”

“Well I’d thought you’d be a little moodier and more sarcastic.” I answered.

“That sounds pretty accurate actually. I’m just not always like that. I do smile... sometimes” He smirked.

We talked for 2 hours straight. Time passed by so quickly that I wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for Larry who sneaked a glance at his watch. I took the opportunity to look at mine too.

“Damn it” he mumbled.

“Why?” I asked “Is something wrong?”

“It’s just that tomorrow, we have a busy day, y’know? We have new songs to work on and photoshoots...” he told me, standing up. Larry took out a few crumpled bills from the back of his jeans’ pocket and put them into my hands. “The drinks are on me” he said with a half smile. Before I could say anything, he grabbed his black leather jacket and hastily put it on.

“I really do wish I could stay longer but I’m afraid I can’t” With that, he gave me one last smile, turned on the heel of his boot and walked towards his band mates who had been waiting for him by the door to the bar. I had to do something. I couldn’t let this be a onetime thing. I couldn’t let him go. Before I could stop myself, I ran up to him.

“Larry!” I called out. “I-I just, I, I want to see you again.” I finally managed to say. “Please tell me I haven’t made a complete fool of myself, running up to you like this and all ...” I couldn’t look him the eyes. I felt so stupid. So I kept my eyes glued to the floor.

“I’d like that.”

“Really?” I looked up hopefully.

“No, I was just joking. I don’t want to see you at all” He said with a smirk.

“That’s not funny” I told him, playfully pushing his shoulder.

“You know what? It’d be best if you gave me your number. Right now, we’re sleeping in hotels and it would just be a lot easier that way.”

“Yeah, of course.” I agreed, writing down my number on a bar napkin.

“I’ll call you.” He told me, giving me one last look over his shoulder before walking out of the bar with Bono, Edge and Adam.
I walked back to the table where I had been sitting with Larry. All I felt like doing was skipping around the room. I couldn’t believe he had this effect on me. No one had ever had this effect on me.

I started humming ‘New Year’s Day’ while putting on my winter jacket.

“I will be with you again ...” The lyrics ran through my mind. I bent over and picked up the bag that contained my U2 LPs and my purse and made my way over to the bar to pay the bartender.

“You seem to be in a better mood” He smiled. “I take it things went well with drummer boy?”

“They did.” I told him, a grin spreading wide from one side of my face to the other. I handed over the money.

“This is 35 dollars more then you owe me.” He told me, with a confused look.

“I know. You can keep it.” I told him. “Unless of course, you don’t want the tip.” I added with wink.

“Well okay then. Thanks!” I gave him a smile and started making my way towards the exit.

“Have a good night.” I heard the bartender call out. I turned around.

“You too” I beamed. With that, I pushed on the door and stepped onto the busy street, making my way to my new home.

It was hard to not bust out into a dance right there, in the middle of the street. I had my doubts on whether Larry Mullen was going to call me or not but I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. For the first time in a long time, I was happy. Right now, that was the best feeling I could ever have.

I was glad I had chosen to wear Converse today instead of heels. The bar wasn’t far from my house but it wasn’t close either and walking through mobs of people in the cold wasn’t too comfortable in 3 inch high heels.

At last, I turned onto my street and walked uphill until I was standing in front of my house. My cold fingers fumbled with the key until I was finally able to push it into the keyhole, twist the doorknob and open the door. I hung up my coat in the closet and took off my now wet Converse. I made my way up the stairs to the second floor and into the master bedroom, stepping over the many boxes that were spread out in the house. Dozens of them surrounded my queen-sized bed. I hadn’t even started unpacking! With a sigh, I looked over at the alarm clock I had set up on the floor next to my bed. 1:15 A.M. I wasn’t going to start tonight. I was too hyped up on emotions and I now realized, too tired to begin unpacking all these boxes. My first interview was set up 3 days from now. This little fact meant I had to begin unpacking early tomorrow morning if I wanted to be able to settle in before I started the whole interview process. Yawning, I changed into my PJ’s and turned off the light. I crawled onto the bed and under the covers, thinking about how my day had drastically changed thanks to one person. I still couldn’t believe it. Evidently, it was pretty unbelievable. I mean what would a famous drummer who had girls ready to sell their soul want to do with me? I quietly laughed at myself and just before I fell asleep, I whispered his name on my lips. Larry Mullen Jr.

Thanks to everyone who read! I will only continue posting if you guys want me to :)

MORE! MORE! MORE! :applaud: This is really great! :love:

"I'm an Irish drummer. Don't fuck with me"
WIN! :lol:

:applaud::applaud::applaud:
What were Adam, Bono & Edge doing during their so long conversation? :D
Haha :happydance:
That's interesting :cute:

Uh, yeah!
They are there for a FEW MONTHS... don't think we didn't catch that part! Sounds like more potential to me!!! :D

:doh: As I was writing my first comment, something kept telling me that I had something to add but I couldn't remember. Must have been Larry's gorgeous-ness that distracted me.

AnywhoO!

Writers block is. a. bitch. What I do is either

A) read another fan fic
B) read some poetry, anything romantic such as Keats or Byron. (Poetry really does help!)
C) Watch a U2 video set in the era you're writing. Helps TONS! Visual inspiration is amazing!
D) Start a chapter out with "I don't know what to say" and then go from there
or
E) give it up and sleep on it. the next morning you will feel writers withdraw! :lol:

Hope that helped. :sexywink:

Loved it! Larry is adorable!! :hyper:

Oh another writers block tip is sometimes I get inspiration from just leaving the house, seeing new things always gets my brain juices flowing a bit :D

Back
Top Bottom