What should I work on next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithoutSpeaking

Acrobat
To those reading my fics... what would you like to see me work on/finish next?

I have several unfinished projects - hate that I do, but I need to focus and get some done.

What are your feelings? Votes? Favourites? And please dear goodness give me some feedback so I know where to go next! :)

1 - Stories For Boys (baby-U2 fic that I am going to shortly post a few chapters of here...)

2 - Everything You Know Is Wrong - my first fic (Zoo-era Edge, lots of flashbacks... Edge falls in love with Bono's highschool sweetheart - but does she return the feeling?)
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f231/everything-you-know-is-wrong-prologue-204015.html

3 - Shark (small standalone - here's the first chapter)
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f231/shark-part-one-210512.html

I miss Stories For Boys...a lot...it's probably my favorite of yours aside from Lost Highway because you write baby U2 really well :)

And I'd love to know where Shark's a-heading. I can wait on EYKIW if necessary.

Where have you BEEN woman?

EYKIW, please. And I have to thank you and LoveAndLogic for inspiring me to write a new story in response to all the 'girl leaves Bono for Edge' fics out there. I mean, what the what??

Is BDL defunct? I'm not sure who was the 'owner' of it. I know I had submitted a few chapter of Please....like a looong time ago. I never heard anything.

BDL is not defunct... it's actually mine. I haven't accepted anything new for a while but I do need to go back in and confirm your submissions - I do have them. I have a few formatting requests for them - I'll be in touch this weekend about it.

Thanks for reminding me... have been so busy lately but will be back into it for the winter season!

I agree with Grace: I wanna see more of EYKIW.

*is absolutely in love with that story*

:reject:

Have you read all that's in BDL? I think I really need to take a cue from Grace and post as MUCH as I can on here. There will be parts, surely, that cannot be posted here, but I actually need to edit those.

Lost Highway would lose far too much being posted here as it's just an epic smutfest - but the others have more plot-based chapters. :sexywink:

Yes, I saw it on here, and then someone told me about BDL (I think it was Grace :hmm:), and then I read that and Lost Highway over there and just exploded.

Also, as someone told me :shifty: : there's this scene in Lost Highway with a man in a hat that's just :combust:

Yes, I may or may not have used some of that for research.

Yeah, I guess I need a beta for Please. And I maaaay have done a drunken submission. Mysterious Ways might be easier since it doesn't include all those songs and links....

Yes, I saw it on here, and then someone told me about BDL (I think it was Grace :hmm:), and then I read that and Lost Highway over there and just exploded.

Also, as someone told me :shifty: : there's this scene in Lost Highway with a man in a hat that's just :combust:

Heheh - CHAPTER FOUR, BABY! That really was the moment where I said to myself "OMG, I can't post this!!!" But then I realized - hell yeah, I MUST post this! I still think my LH Chapter 12 is my finest moment :sexywink:

Yes, I may or may not have used some of that for research.

Yeah, I guess I need a beta for Please. And I maaaay have done a drunken submission. Mysterious Ways might be easier since it doesn't include all those songs and links....

It's more the Live Journal cut than anything that I was worried about - your story itself is great.

Forgive the ignorance, but what does a beta do? :reject:

A beta is basically proofreader/editor and cheerleader all rolled into one. Unless you are writing a dual fic (like LH and Stories For Boys) I strongly suggest a beta to bounce ideas off of, and to find your wee mistakes. I went EYKIW alone mostly after my original beta moved on to other projects other than U2 fanfic, but I did get a lot of moral support from Love&Logic.

I can't say enough as well that comments make the world go round. When I know people are reading my fic it encourages me to write more. Don't be shy... I've bumped some of my old stories looking for comments so I can start writing them again.

I'm so flattered, Grace, that I inspired you to write.

I went right your LH and A Tender Trap when writing a love scene for Edge in Please.

I think I accidentally found a beta. A few actually. I'm fic whore. I'll talk about my shit with everyone (except Mr. R).

I went right your LH and A Tender Trap when writing a love scene for Edge in Please.

I think I accidentally found a beta. A few actually. I'm fic whore. I'll talk about my shit with everyone (except Mr. R).

Haha - my Mr. knows not of my 'hobby' either, although he really should appreciate its awesomeness. I like to remain anonymous - helps me to write what I really want to write and not be shy about it :sexywink:

Mine knows I write, and he sort of knows it may or may not be U2 centric. Yet, he is not allowed to read it.

At this point, I don't think I could go anonymous. I think my writing has a particular style. Unless I went 1st person sci-fi. OH! Now I've blown it again. :lol:

Heheh - CHAPTER FOUR, BABY! That really was the moment where I said to myself "OMG, I can't post this!!!" But then I realized - hell yeah, I MUST post this! I still think my LH Chapter 12 is my finest moment :sexywink:

Chapter 4 is truly combustible, just for that one scene. .... but yes, chapter 12 is lovely too.

*has that whole story saved* :shifty: :reject:

A beta is basically proofreader/editor and cheerleader all rolled into one. Unless you are writing a dual fic (like LH and Stories For Boys) I strongly suggest a beta to bounce ideas off of, and to find your wee mistakes. I went EYKIW alone mostly after my original beta moved on to other projects other than U2 fanfic, but I did get a lot of moral support from Love&Logic.

Oh, thanks for explaining that. *has always wondered, but was also worried people would think her dumb or something* :reject:

:lol:

WO_S, I haven't submitted to BDL since...oh good lord, I think the middle of Out Of Control...:reject: It's been so inactive I kinda forgot it existed...

And betas are great :) I have a friend who doesn't even do fanfic who beta's me for plot occasionally...

I started writing a bit of EYKIW last night... :shifty: but I didn't get very far. My problem is I have fic ADD... LOL! I hope to get to it this week more, I just thought of my next bit of plot but it's going to take some going over in my head.

That being said... I do have the first part of a small standalone up my sleeve that's ready to go - it's current Edge fic inspired by this piccie below, and I wrote it in mid-June... anyone?

65136109punkroxmom613201195253AM.jpg

I started writing a bit of EYKIW last night... :shifty: but I didn't get very far. My problem is I have fic ADD... LOL! I hope to get to it this week more, I just thought of my next bit of plot but it's going to take some going over in my head.

That being said... I do have the first part of a small standalone up my sleeve that's ready to go - it's current Edge fic inspired by this piccie below, and I wrote it in mid-June... anyone?

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I just found EYKIW and am really enjoying it. I was skeptical of the Ciara character at first but you really steadied on after the first couple of chapters and hooked me. Does it only go as far as 8 (I think) like it is on your LJ? I'd like more. AND chapter 6 if you please. ;)

Yes, please, where can I get it? And no, I'm not obsessed.:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom