Uninspired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing your post made me automatically begin to think of any possible ways to include I&E U2 in a story. :lol:

I guess I do have one idea. The protagonist of the story goes to an I&E show, and Bono starts throwing out books during Raised By Wolves (because if I understand correctly, he's done that at a few shows), and one of Bono's books clocks our poor protagonist right in the eye. Our protagonist goes down, completely knocked out (either the book was really heavy or Bono should be a Major League pitcher!) and when he or she wakes up, the stadium is completely empty and deserted. The crowd, the band, the U2 posters and stage setup...everything is gone except for the protagonist and the book that hit him or her. As our protagonist begins to look around and try to figure out what's going on, he/she discovers that (s)he is an a world where U2 never existed.

Does that sound completely dorky? I think it might be a little overdone, but I don't know. :hmm:

Well, obviously, there's got to be a quest involved. Maybe our protagonist decides to try to track them down? To find out why the band never happened, and to find out if the band members are alive. And if the band members are still alive and just not in a band, then surely our protagonist, being a U2 fan, would feel obligated to try to convince them to form the band, which would likely be more difficult for them if they've established themselves in their other, separate lives. And of course, our protagonist has to find a way to get home, too, and to figure out if this whole thing is real or if it's a dream. (Hint: it's not a dream.) :D

What do you think? Is that too obvious?

Back
Top Bottom