U2/Harry Potter fic???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithOrWithOutE

ONE love, blood, life
Hi everyone! :)
My friend Adge and I are writing a story that takes place in the HP universe where we're attending Hogwarts as sixth years, but we added the members of U2 into it as their young cute selves and spiced things up a bit :D

I was just wondering if it we could post it here or not? If not, that's okay. Just wondering :)

Well...since the guys are the same age as the HP crew....I was thinking of pairings like Edge/Hermione (if it's current) or Adam/Lily (if it's a time turner gone wrong fic/set during the Marauders Era)....just as ideas of course. :wink:

I had clean thoughts the whole time :rolleyes: :tsk: :wink:

:ohmy: thanks for the ideas! I actually think Edge/Hermione would be a good pairing. Just don't tell Adge that :shh: The hardest one to pair off is Bono. Maybe because everyone wants him :lol: Ginny maybe? Ugh I don't know.

Adge wants everyone to herself (as do I!) so we end up pairing ourselves with everyone, than rewriting it. :doh:

oooh oh oh setting it during the Marauders Era is an excellent idea! Then you get all kinds of goodness. I'm thinking it's either time for a rewrite or a whole new story :hmm: Thanks for the inspiration! More ideas are always welcome:shifty:

I don't think it's possible to have clean thoughts at the moment. :lol: But I believe you :wink:

k, here's the first two chapters. I wrote whos POV it is so you don't get confused. We didn't try to write it as one person because...I don't know, actually. :lol: It just works like this!

But please, don't get your hopes up. It may be utter crap. And we wrote this so fast, it was a miracle our fingers didn't fall off from typing that much :lol:

I don't own U2, or anything to do with Harry Potter. J. K. Rowling is fantastic. This is all silliness we wrote to entertain ourselves over the summer. Please don't sue us :D

This is PG-13 for language. Oh and sorry for any misspellings.

ugh why do I get so nervous whenever I post!? I'm practically dry heaving here :rolleyes:

Like you needed to know that. :banghead: OKAY, I will stop talking now and let you read. Enjoy :)

Chapter One ~ Adge's POV

My parents waved goodbye as I boarded the Hogwarts Express. I had been waiting for this for my whole life. And so were they, for different reasons. My mum took notice that I had possessed magical talent at a young age and as for my Da' well he was....he was a Death Eater. I knew it and so did the whole town. There was no denying that he was one of his followers. Even at the ripe age of eleven I knew it and that is why sadly, we didn't get along. My mum wasn't a Death Eater but she pretended that my father had never been. There was nothing to worry about now...He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was gone.

The train was already filled with people so I took a seat across from a boy with a thick head of brown hair. He looked at me and smiled shyly. He had the most interesting green eyes.

"I'm Dave." He shook my hand politely.

"I'm Adrienne."

We introduced ourselves further and began talking about the magical world.

"So which house do you want to be in?" He asked me.

"Ravenclaw." I said simply. "You?"

"Ravenclaw." Dave smiled. "The others I wouldn't really fit in..."

"Me too. So we should be in the same house then!"

Dave nodded. 'The Sorting Hat gives you what you want....most of the time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With our black robes on and the Hogwarts emblem gleaming from our chests we entered the Great Hall as everyone stared us down. I swallowed nervously and looked at Dave for support. He patted my back and I smiled at him.

Dumbledore didn't say too much, he let the process begin right away.

"Bowie, Amber." A girl with mousy brown hair walked up to the front. "Gryffindor!"

"Clayton, Adam.......Slytherin!"

"Evans, David." He looked at me once and then went up as the Sorting Hat was placed on his head. It took a second. "Ravenclaw!" Dave beamed at me and took a seat at the table.

"Hewson, Paul.....Gryffindor!"

"Mullen, Larry.....Slytherin!"

"Potter, Harry!" There he was. The boy my father hated. I turned towards him as he nervously approached the hat. He was up there for some time before we heard. "Gryffindor!"

Finally after many people it was my turn. "Vedder, Adrienne!"

I sat on the stool and looked out into the crowd. The Sorting Hat began talking to me...well through my mind. "Very difficult..Very difficult...Pure blood....Very intelligent....a bit of courage I see...but where to put you?"

"Not Slytherin." I said firmly in my mind.

"But Slytherin could help you on your way to greatness, no doubt about that."

"If it'll help me....but I wanted Ravenclaw."

"Ravenclaw will do you no good."

"Then if it must be...."

"SLYTHERIN!" It shouted.

I got up and glanced at Dave sadly. The Slytherin table cheered loudly and I took a seat next to a blonde boy named Draco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five years passed, and we were all sixth years now. I had changed too. I was tall and had a pair of vivid green eyes. My long red hair, normally wavy, was pin straight most of the time now. I used a potion on it whenever I wanted it to be that way. And I had purple streaks running through it. Of course to top off my white skin, I had a smattering of freckles across my face. I guess I was okay looking.
I was sort of complicated though. Most people knew me as the bad ass witch and were intimidated by me, others liked it. Yet, I had a double personality thing going on. I was friends with the Slytherins but I didn't approve of their values. So I used the information I knew from them and began my own journey. I wanted to take down Voldemort, myself.

It was an odd thing because most of my mates were all from Slytherin. It wasn't really a righteous thing to be mingling with any other house if you were a Slytherin. However, I did. There were Guggi and Gavin from Hufflepuff, a few Ravenclaw folks, the Weasley twins, their brother Ron, Bono from Gryffindor...boy he was hot, and I still was talking to Dave...Edge now. I had a huge crush on Edge. I didn't think he was interested in me though.

Today was the first day of school. I re-read my schedule over and over. Last year's meeting with Snape went all right. After all, I was one of his favorites. I originally wanted to write for the Daily Prophet or be in a band, I played guitar. But he said that was a waste of my magical talents. So I settled for an Auror. It was the job that you needed to be highly qualified in everything and he thought that suited my talents. My Da' thought it was brilliant, this way I could feed him inside information.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was back by the way.

My schedule went like this: Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced Double Potions, Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts, Advanced Charms, and Advanced Herbology.

I walked into my DADA class and looked around to see who I could sit next to.

Edge was sitting next to a pretty girl with long brown hair. Eve. I hated her. She was one of those teachers' pets. And if Edge fancied her then I would have to kill her. I couldn't help it, I liked him so much and I wish he would just see it already.

I took a seat next to Adam Clayton and frowned. "Stupid fuck."

"Who?"

"Eve!" I pointed.

"Oh, right. She is. Can't fuckin stand her."

"Uh-huh. Is that why you shagged her?" I growled.

"Hey, relax, love. That was a rumor." Adam threw an arm around me.

"Whatever. I'm sick of seeing her though...and its nothing, never mind." I shrugged.

Class began right away. Our new teacher, Umbridge and her stupid pink cardigan were already on my nerves. But then she really pissed me off.

"Wands away."

I kept mine in my hand and refused to put it away. She explained what our classes were going to be like from now on.

"Whats that going to do?! We're never going to be able to fight whats out there!" Harry Potter stood up.

"There's nothing out there." She replied calmly back.

Next thing I knew I was up too and yelling back at her.

Harry and I were kicked out of class and both received detention for tomorrow night, thankfully it wasn't today, I had Quidditch practice.

"So why did you do it?" He asked as we made our way to the Dungeons, we both had Potions next.

"I want to use magic. I'm becoming an Auror." I said.

"Me too...I'm surprised you are..."

I smirked. "You're surprised I want to become an Auror and fight against Voldemort because I'm in Slytherin."

Harry looked at me, shocked.

"Oh, I said Voldemort?" I laughed. "You aren't the only one, Harry."

He smiled at me and opened the door to the Potions room. Everyone had started arriving after that. Larry Mullen took the open seat before Edge could get to it. I looked away, hurt.

"What's wrong?" He asked me softly.

"You and fuckin Eve." I said shaking my head. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"What? That I had to tutor her?"

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah. For a few things, she isn't that bright. What did you think?"

I blushed. "I dunno....maybe you fancied her?"

"No! She's annoying...and fake...and she's just no...no.."

Professor Snape swooped in and Edge took a spot in front of me. His black cape swished through the classroom. I wanted to laugh so hard when I saw that Amber girl from Gryffindor drooling. She had a feckin crush on Snape! HA!

"You are all here for a reason...I will kick you out if you do not obtain the grade I wish. I do not keep students who scrape by with an Acceptable. NEWTs are difficult and therefore I only keep those who have an Outstanding. For some that wont be a problem." He threw me a fleeting glance.

I shifted under his stare and then he continued on with his speech. Todays classes were very boring. We really didn't to do anything much. The professors just told us what they expected from us and to begin reading some of our textbook for to morrow.

Harry called me over in the Great Hall and I checked out the Slytherin table to see if anyone was watching.

"What?" I hissed. "Look, I don't need Draco Malfoy up my ass about loyalties now."

Harry frowned. "Oh, so you are one of them."

"Fuck no, Harry. I'm only in Slytherin because I'm a pure blood, okay? Otherwise I'd be in fucking Ravenclaw..and you know I don't think this whole house thing matters, all it does is separate everyone."

I left him immediately and received a frightened look from Amber, who was next to him. I grabbed my broom and got ready for Quidditch practice.

The Gryffindor team was practicing on half of the Quidditch field and Madam Hooch was overlooking us all. Since we had to share she couldn't trust us by ourselves. George Weasley was watching me with a glazed over look. I concentrated on the Quaffle and eventually made a goal. I was one of our leading Chasers on the team.

"Nice practice, Vedder." Draco grinned at me. Ew. I really didn't like him much. Although I faked it.

"Yeah, same to you."

I stopped to grab some water out of my bag and the team went on without me.

"You're getting better and better every year." George came up to me.

"Hey, thanks. Same to you. So...I hear we scrimmage against each other next week already."

"Yeah. Everyone wants to have the season begin early. I'm up for it!" He said excitedly.

"Me too. But you aren't going to hit me with any bludgers now are you?" I batted my eyelashes.

"Uh...Well...you are the competition." He said stiffly. "But..how could I?"

I winked. "That's what I thought."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day was dreadful. There was an announcement that the first Hogsmeade trip would be this weekend. Which meant dates. Everyone brought a date to the first trip and of course the Valentine's day one. I would be happy if Bono, George, or Ron asked me. But I really really wanted Edge to ask me to go with him. It would be a little step, but it would be something.

Chapter Two ~~ Amber's POV

My Mum waved goodbye as I nervously boarded the Hogwarts Express. Da and I had already said goodbye since he wasn't a wizard and couldn't pass through the gate to platform 9 and 3/4. This was a dream come true and also a nightmare. I'd started showing signs of magic young and the family couldn't have been more proud. My parents believed that being magical was a great responsibility and that there was no excuse for failure. I was expected to excel in my classes and become the best Witch that I could. Mum was adamant about safety. The week before school started I was regaled with tales of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and the evils he'd brought to the world. It was highly important that I not be sorted into Slytherin.

I sat down next to a window in an empty compartment and watched my soon to be fellow students walk by in excited groups. They were so happy and already making friends. Nervousness got to me and I looked out the window. What if I didn't make any friends? The door to the compartment slid open and a nervous looking boy with shaggy black hair smiled at me.

"Anyone sitting here?" He asked, pointing at the seat opposite me. "Everywhere else is full."

I shook my head and the boy sat down. He glanced at me and looked quickly out the window. It looked like we were both the shy type.

"Hey...Harry isn't it?" A red headed boy had stuck his head in and addressed the boy.

"Yes, that's me..." Harry smiled. "Ron, right?"

"Yeah. Can I sit..?"

Harry nodded and Ron sat next to him. Ron noticed me then. "Hello."

"Hi." I smiled nervously. "I'm Amber..."

"'Lo. I'm Ron. This here is Harry Po..er Harry." Ron cut himself off but he didn't have to. I'd already seen the scar on Harry's forehead and knew who he was.

"You're Harry Potter." I said smiling. "Nice to meet you."

He nodded and smiled. "Nice to meet you too."

We all began talking a little about our backgrounds. I found out that Ron had a whole herd of brothers at Hogwarts and I thought he was lucky to not be alone there. Harry didn't say much about himself and we didn't push him. I quietly filled them in on my short life and then another boy named Paul joined us. He was a little cocky but still nice enough and he had the prettiest blue eyes.

"What house do you all want to be in?" Paul asked. "I'm going to be in Gryffindor!" He said confidently.

Harry looked a little lost and shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just happy to be here."

Ron paled. "Well, I want to be in anything but Slytherin. My Mum would kill me if I landed in that house!"

I winced. "Mine too. I really don't know where I'll end up..."

~~~~~~~

Professor McGonagall met us at the front door to the huge castle and explained to us about the four houses of Hogwarts. I'd already known but it was nice to hear it again. I still didn't know where I'd end up. With our new black robes on and our Hogwarts emblem gleaming from our chests we entered the Great Hall. Everyone stared at us and I started to sweat. Harry caught my eye and smiled, making me feel a little better. I smiled back and tried to faze out everything else. Headmaster Dumbledore didn't have much to say and let the process begin.

"Bowie, Amber." I gaped. I was first!? I shot a panicked look at Harry as I sat on the stool. The hat gripped my head and I jumped a little. Nothing happened then a voice started talking in my head. "Hmmm...interesting, a bit of courage...some fear here...plenty of ability...a willingness to prove yourself...but where to put you.."

"Anywhere but Slytherin." I said in my head. "Please not that.."

"Not Slytherin eh? Well I can see you there...but if you're sure...better be..."

"Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table cheered as I took a seat. Everyone shook my hand and patted me on the back. One boy, a red head, grinned and winked at me.

"Clayton, Adam.......Slytherin!"

"Evans, David." A boy with messy brown hair took a seat and shared a look with another of the first years. A girl I hadn't noticed before. She smiled at him."Ravenclaw!" The boy beamed and took a seat at the table.

"Hewson, Paul.....Gryffindor!"

"Mullen, Larry.....Slytherin!"

"Potter, Harry!" I held my breath. Harry nervously walked up the steps and sat down. The hat was on his head for some time before it yelled. "Gryffindor!" Our table cheered and I was ecstatic. Maybe I had a friend after all!

"Vedder, Adrienne!" The girl from before sat and looked out at the crowd. It took about the same time as Harry. Then, "SLYTHERIN!" It shouted. I winced and shook my head. I'd kind of felt like her and I might be friends. She seemed nice and all...but now that she was in Slytherin...what were the chances of that happening? I watched her approach the cheering Slytherin table and sit next to the most gorgeous blonde boy I'd ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five years later and we were all sixth years now. I was different. Not as shy but still a little. I was tall with chocolate brown eyes and auburn hair that was a curly mess most of the time. My skin was too white and my feet too big. I was a little awkward.

Things had really changed since I'd come to Hogwarts. I had a core group of friends. Harry, Bono, Ginny, Hermione and Ron. It was small but comfortable. We'd been through a lot together. We had enemies in Slytherin but who didn't? The other houses didn't bother us much and we kind of left them alone as well.

The houses of Hogwarts didn't mingle much but there were a few crossover friendships. Those were looked on as odd and not quite right, but it happened. One particular person I'd always and still thought would make a good friend was Adrienne Vedder. She was a bad ass and would do anything for her friends. She was friends with Bono and Ron but we'd never gotten too close. To tell the truth I was a little scared of her. But she was friends with Draco...and I'd give my left arm to be his friend. I wasn't even sure why since he was a scum ball. It was one of my many guilty pleasures.

It was the second day of school and already things were hectic. My schedule was insane. Last year the meeting with Professor McGonagall had been confusing. I knew what I wanted to do but things were so hard and I wasn't sure I was smart enough. I wanted to be a healer and she urged me to go with that. So here I was with: Advanced Double Potions (the best one because I could drool over Snape), Advanced Herbology, Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts, Advanced Charms, Advanced Divination (I'm not sure why), and Ancient Runes (I'm so going to fail that one.) This was going to be one stressful year.

"Have you seen the announcement about Hogsmeade!?" Ron said excitedly as we walked to Herbology.

"I haven't. What's going on?" Harry asked, readjusting his book bag and smiling across the hall. I glanced over and saw Adrienne smirk back at him. They'd talked a little the day before and it had scared me. Why would Harry want to talk to her? She might be nice to some people but she was still Slytherin and hard to trust. Just that she was hanging out with Draco, Larry, and Adam was enough to warn anyone off. They were all bad blonds. Unfortunately they were also so attractive. It seemed I had a thing for Slytherins.

"It's the first visit this weekend!" Ron exclaimed so that half the students in the hallway glanced our way."It's gonna be brilliant. There's so much to do there and Zonko's is a must see. We gotta stop there for sure."

Harry and I nodded, both of us not really listening. I was preoccupied now. Going to Hogsmeade meant we'd need dates. Who in Merlin's beard was I going to go with!? I'd like to go with Harry but that was just mental. We'd been friends for five years, why would he suddenly ask me to something like that...?

We finally reached the green houses and Herbology began. Like all the other Professors, Sprout lectured us on the importance of our O.W.L.S. It was going to include a practical potion that required each of us to work with some selected plants. By the looks of them they would rather swallow us whole then give up a clipping for a potion. Wonderful.

In the Great Hall for lunch Harry and Ron talked about nothing but Quidditch. Hermione and I shared a glazed over look and started our own conversation. "I'm so crammed with work, I don't know how I'm going to do it all." Hermione bit at her nails as she looked over her schedule, again.

"Calm down, Herm. It'll all be fine. You're the brightest Witch around! You wont have a problem." I smiled cheerfully and she relaxed and laughed a little.

"Of course, you're right. I don't know why I'm so tense."

"You need a good shag." George said from across the table.

Harry and Ron broke off their conversation and stared at Hermione and me. "Who needs a good shag?" Ron asked.

"Hermione." George pointed and smirked. "I'd be happy to help you with that."

Hermione flushed and Ron gaped like a fish. We all knew he fancied Hermione. The only person who didn't know how Ron felt, was Ron. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!" Hermione fumed. "I'm not in the mood to deal with you today. I've got real problems!" She got up and left.

"Was it something I didn't say?" George asked innocently.

"Probably." Fred grinned. "You're not very smooth with the ladies, Bro."

"I am so! I'll prove it." He turned to me and grinned. "Fancy going with me to Hogsmeade this weekend, Amber?"

I blushed and blurted . "Okay!"

Ron choked on his pumpkin juice and glared at his brother. "You can't take her! She's my friend!"

"And that means...?"

"She's off limits!"

"Is that how it works?" George asked cheekily and winked at me. "You want to go with me, don't you, Love?"

"Yes." I said and flushed at Ron's dirty look. Harry had kept quiet through this exchange and was staring across the hall. I turned to see what he was looking at and scowled. Adrienne again. She was sitting with Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen. They all laughed at something Draco said and he smirked. Oh, god, so hot. NO, not hot! Ugh.

Why was Harry staring at her so much for anyway? Did he fancy her. Oh no..

"Harry, who are you going with?" Fred asked and I wanted to kiss him. Thank you!

Harry blinked and came back from Adrienne land. "What?" He looked at us blankly.

Fred snickered. "I think you were daydreaming about your future wife. You might want to-"

"Watch it around those Slytherins, Harry." George nudged him and waggled his brows. Harry went red in the face.

"So, who are you going with, Harry?" Ron asked, taking a second helping of black pudding. Ew. "You better ask someone soon or all the good ones will be taken."

"We're not cattle." I said, disgusted with his food choice and his attitude. Ron gulped around a huge bite of pudding and tried to say something but it came out garbled. I rolled my eyes.

"I..em haven't asked anyone." Harry sighed and rubbed at his cowlick. "Can't I just go alone?"

Fred gasped. "And miss out on the number one shagging opportunity!? That would be right-"

"Mental as Merlin's marble collection." George finished. They did that a lot.

"Well...I'll ask someone I guess." Harry muttered and then Ron changed the subject back to Quidditch. George kissed my hand and winked at me as we left for our next class and I melted a little. He was really cute but was he who I would have chosen to go with? I wasn't sure.

That evening after dinner I ended up walking back to the Gryffindor common room by myself. I went up the winding stairs and they changed and started moving as I was about to step off. I fell back just before I walked out into thin air.

"Bloody hell!" I cursed as I stared up at the maze of stairs that arched up the entire castle.

"I didn't know Gryffinors had such dirty mouths." A slightly snooty voice said behind me.

I pulled myself up and turned on the still moving stairs. Adrienne Vedder stood there with an arrogant smirk firmly in place with her arms folded casually over her robes. My knees went weak. I was trapped on moving stairs with one of the scariest Slytherins in Hogwarts.

"I'm sure there's a lot you don't know about Gryffindors." I said shakily, trying to bring forth a little of that Gryffindor courage.

She lifted an eyebrow. "Yeah? Why don't you fill me in? I'm always up to learn new things. We could meet in the Library sometimes. Before Hogsmeade weekend preferably. I've got a pretty busy schedule."

I was shocked. Was she for real? Or was this some kind of trick? "It's not a trick or anything." She flicked her purple streaked hair out of her face and grinned. Oh, god could she read my mind? "I wont bite you."

"I...I dunno. You..you're Slytherin.." I said, as if that explained everything.

Adrienne's face hardened. "Oh, you're like that than are you? Well, I don't need any more gits for friends so forget I said anything." The stairs were now only a few feet from connecting and Adge jumped across the gap and landed on her feet gracefully on the other side.

She glanced at me one more time. "If you change your mind, you know where to find me." She walked away and I sighed. I may have just made a new enemy, was it really worth that? I 'd always thought Adrienne could be nice and maybe I'd been right and needed to try to put my prejudices aside.

"Adrienne, wait!" I called and ran in the direction she'd gone. I pushed my way through a maze of students leaving their classes and saw her just as she skipped down a flight of stairs. "WAIT!" She didn't hear me so I ran faster and took the stairs down two at a time. Landing at the bottom, I looked around and froze. I'd walked right into Slytherin territory. It was dark, murky and terrifying. Oh, Merlin.

Two passing boys spotted me and stopped to glare. "What is a Gryffindor Mudblood like you doing down here?"

I gritted my teeth. I really, REALLY, hated being called that. "I..j-just got lost."

"J-Just got lost did you, stuttering idiot." They laughed at me and went on their way. "Get out of here if you know what's good for you."

"Sounds good to me." I said and turned to the stairs to make a run for it but a cold voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Miss Bowie. What, may I ask, brings you to the dungeons?"

I closed my eyes and started praying. Oh please let me survive this. "I..I got lost Professor." I turned and faced Professor Snape.

He glared fiercely down at me. "You got lost. I find that hard to believe as you have to take three flights of stairs into the lower belly of the castle to reach the dungeons in the first place."

I stuttered silently and he exhaled loudly out of his nose. "The truth this time, Miss Bowie. Why are you in my dungeons when you should be safely tucked away with your fellow idiotic house mates?" I flushed, completely turned on and unable to say a thing. He sneered, and flipped his black hair back. "Deten-"

"There you are, Amber!" Adrienne casually slung an arm around my shoulders and beamed at Professor Snape. "Good evening Sir. I'm sorry if Amber here was bothering you. She mentioned something about needing to talk to me and I totally forgot. Annnd, you know how Gryffindors are. Never know when to let up." She rolled her eyes and Snape snorted, obviously pleased with her. If only he'd look at me like that!

"Very well, take your...friend back to her own house. I don't want you to get into any mischief Miss Vedder. I'd hate to give you detention." He waved us off and whipped around, his robes swishing gracefully around his body. I sighed as I watched him.

"Fuck, don't be so obvious or you'll be killed before you can wipe up the drool." Adrienne gave me a disgusted glance and drug me up stairs to safer ground.

"I..I don't know what you mean!" I said loudly.

She laughed and glanced around before whispering. "I know you fancy Snape. You've drooled over him in Potions for the last two years, I've seen you. I won't tell though. Slytherins may not be the most friendly people but one thing we are is good secret keepers. Well, I am anyway." She snorted. "I dunno about someone like Draco."

"You know D-Draco well do you?" I nervously watched Adge hop back onto the same stairs we'd been stuck on earlier. I waited a beat, than followed.

Adrienne looked at me for a moment and sighed. "Merlin, you don't fancy him too do you?" I flushed and she rolled her eyes. "It's a good thing we're friends now because I need to whip you into shape. You're going for all the wrong wizards! The ones you want to go for should be, for one, in your own house! I don't think you can handle an inter-house relationship"

"Well, George Weasley asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him." I said hesitantly. Should I be telling her this?

She grinned but it looked a little strained. Oh fuck, she didn't fancy George did she? "That's more like it! He's a blast to be around and a sweet bloke too once you get him to let his guard down a little. Shouldn't be a problem if you get time alone with him..."

"Alone..." I blinked. "Merlin, he wont want to....to..."

"Snog? Shag? Rock the Casbah?"

"Rock the what?" I asked blankly.

She gaped at me. "You don't know muggle music? Merlin's tits we have a lot of work to do before this weekend! By the end of the week I can guarantee you'll be a whole new Witch!"

"Um..."

We stopped right outside the Gryffindor porthole. The Fat Lady frowned at Adrienne and kept quiet, which was a miracle. She was always talking our ears off.

Adrienne and I faced each other and she held out a hand. "Friends?"

I stared at it for a long time then clasped it in mine. "Friends."

We shared a smile and she winked. "If you play your cards right I might be able to get Snape to not hate you."

I gasped. "REALLY!? That would be brilliant! I would love you forever! If he would just look at me like he does you I'd faint and-"

"Whoa." She laughed. "I said he might not hate you. I didn't say he'd confess his undying love."

"It's a start!" I grinned.

She smirked. "Yep, this is definitely the start of something..."

~~~~~~~~

I shared a dorm room with Hermione, and Ginny. We'd somehow got lucky that we didn't have a forth room mate. But really it was because Hermione was head girl this year and should have had her own room but she turned it down and requested this instead. Ginny laid on her tummy on her bed and flipped through her Potions book.

"I hate potions." She said glumly.

"I love it." I smiled and made my bed.

She rolled her eyes. "No, I think you love Snape."

I gaped. "I do not!"

"You do to." She laughed. "Just admit it."

"Never." I sniffed. "Besides, you're the one who fancies Bono! So you shouldn't talk."

Ginny flushed a bright red and tried to bury herself in her book. "So what? He's very attractive," she mumbled.

I sat next to her on the bed and shrugged. "I'm not denying that, but you should ask him out. Maybe he'll say yes."

Ginny laughed. "Or maybe he'll say no."

Hermione walked into the room frowning. "What's up Herm?" Ginny asked, closing her book and sitting up.

"I was just talking to Neville and he said he saw you, Amber, talking to that Adrienne Vedder earlier." Herm tilted her head at me. "Is that true?"

"Oh..Um yeah I was." They both looked at me, shocked. "What? She's...nice."

"She's Slytherin! How can she be nice!?" Ginny demanded.

"Well she was nice to me! And she's friends with Ron and Bono. Also, she got me out of detention with Snape!"

"I don't like her." Hermione sniffed. "She's no good and you really should think twice before becoming her friend."

"Herm, is right." Ginny backed her up and shrugged at my glare. "Who knows what kind of shite she might be trying to pull by pretending to like you...?"

That night I laid in bed and thought about what my friends had said. What if they were right and Adrienne was just playing some awful joke on me? For all I knew she could be laughing about me with her fellow Slytherins right now. But on the other hand, so many other people were her friends and maybe Ginny and Hermione were just jealous of how popular she was. Tossing and turning I finally fell into a troubled sleep.

ok, how is it? Passable? Make you want to barf? :reject:

We have 24 chapters by the way so I hope it doesn't suck that bad. Don't I have great self esteem? :lmao:

:ohmy: thanks for the ideas! I actually think Edge/Hermione would be a good pairing. Just don't tell Adge that :shh: The hardest one to pair off is Bono. Maybe because everyone wants him :lol: Ginny maybe? Ugh I don't know.

Adge wants everyone to herself (as do I!) so we end up pairing ourselves with everyone, than rewriting it. :doh:

oooh oh oh setting it during the Marauders Era is an excellent idea! Then you get all kinds of goodness. I'm thinking it's either time for a rewrite or a whole new story :hmm: Thanks for the inspiration! More ideas are always welcome:shifty:

I don't think it's possible to have clean thoughts at the moment. :lol: But I believe you :wink:

I read too many Harry Potter fanfictions...so that's why I have so many ideas :lol:

:hmm: I see the rest of the guys to be like Sirus...total womanizers! But I see Bono and Adam acting like Sirus...Larry, I'm not so sure (He's the one I'm having a tough time with). But I can understand why you want to be paired with all the guys.

I actually have another idea about the Marauders...why don't you think about creating a new set? Think about Fred, George, Bono and Lee (with maybe Adam or Larry adding to the mix. Harry would be an honorary one because he really isn't like his father) as the new Marauders

If you are going to do a Marauders era/time turner gone wrong....you can add a subplot of you falling in love with a young Snape.

You have a nice thing going here....I'm just happy to help :wink: :D

I read too many Harry Potter fanfictions...so that's why I have so many ideas :lol:

:hmm: I see the rest of the guys to be like Sirus...total womanizers! But I see Bono and Adam acting like Sirus...Larry, I'm not so sure (He's the one I'm having a tough time with). But I can understand why you want to be paired with all the guys.

I actually have another idea about the Marauders...why don't you think about creating a new set? Think about Fred, George, Bono and Lee (with maybe Adam or Larry adding to the mix. Harry would be an honorary one because he really isn't like his father) as the new Marauders

If you are going to do a Marauders era/time turner gone wrong....you can add a subplot of you falling in love with a young Snape.

You have a nice thing going here....I'm just happy to help :wink: :D

:lol:

I really like these ideas! Creating a new set of Marauders would be really fun. :hmm: George, and Fred are a must. Then Bono, Lee (I've always liked him!), Harry. I want to say Neville but he doesn't seem the type. I suppose Edge might be an option. He's always reminded me a little of Lupin, the brains behind it all :lol:

I'm in it too, right? :D oor maybe I find out about it through Harry or Bono and then try to get in...maybe I'd have to go through a task to be admitted... something to prove I've got the guts...like somehow getting a time turner? (insert time travel to young Snape :drool:)

Aaaaah, you've created a monster! hehe :wink:

This really has my mind going now. I wont be able to sleep!

I think that since I wrote this story with Adge, I'll have to leave it alone or she'll be like wth, what happened to our story? :lol:

Buuut I want to start another one with your ideas. :hyper:

So what do you think.....

Should I have the rest of the main HP characters in it? Such as Hermione, Ron, and Draco? Or maybe I could take Hermione's place and then Bono would take Ron's? But Hermione will have to stay if her and Edge will be together. Adge is going to kill me if I do that

I don't know about Draco. He's the standard enemy...omg could I get away with putting Larry in his place? that would be hilarious, it might work.

My brain is on the verge of overloading with all these awesome ideas! thanks so much for your help!

ooh yeah, that's a better idea! I want to have it set in 6th year. So I could say something vague in the beginning how Voldemort was killed. Something lame maybe. I love it when people write that. I read one fic where he died from tripping over a rock and hitting his head :lmao:

yeah! I'm working on the plot line right now. I was thinking...when I go back in time maybe along with all the original Marauders, there could be Adam and Larry. Then Edge and Bono could be in my original time period. I dunno. I just want to mix it up so I actually have them in the story :lol:

Back
Top Bottom