U2/Harry Potter fic???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, if I don't get some sleep, I'll be dead to the world tomorrow so I better go :yawn:

thanks again for all your fabulous ideas! Can't wait to start writing this! You've totally inspired me :hug:

good luck with your Christmas card list :wink:

good night! :hug:

I think its a great idea to include the boys in a harry potter fic :cute:
I cant remember how many times I actually read the books when I was waiting for a new one to get published

Oh my God, I'm so loving it! :hyper:

I always thought Adam would be in Hufflepuff, cuz you know, hes kind and don't seems to be arrogant buuuuut...Anyway, I'm loving the fic!

You guys should do something about the Marauders Era...Well, if the boys doesn't are the real Warauders of the 70's, at least they can be the
neo-Marauders, or something like that...But only the boys, not George or Fred, even I'm loving both so much :heart:
Know what I mean?

And the dates! Oh, I so addore this high school thing :cute:
Keep comming, pleeeease! I'd love to read more of this:applaud:

Oh my God, I'm so loving it! :hyper:

I always thought Adam would be in Hufflepuff, cuz you know, hes kind and don't seems to be arrogant buuuuut...Anyway, I'm loving the fic!

You guys should do something about the Marauders Era...Well, if the boys doesn't are the real Warauders of the 70's, at least they can be the
neo-Marauders, or something like that...But only the boys, not George or Fred, even I'm loving both so much :heart:
Know what I mean?

And the dates! Oh, I so addore this high school thing :cute:
Keep comming, pleeeease! I'd love to read more of this:applaud:

yay! :hug:

yeah, we debated about where to put Adam. But we had the blond Slytherin thing going on :lol:

yeaaah! Adge and I have been talking about it and we're going to make a new Marauders with the boys (and us..maybe :shifty:) and there will be some traveling back in time to the original Marauders era..we've got lots of ideas so stick around for more! :)

hehehe me too. It's adorable :cute:

ok! I'll try to post some tonight!

Okay, here's chapters three and four! :)

PG -13 for language and some kissing :shifty: hehe

Enjoy! :)

Chapter THREE Adge's POV

After several successful Quidditch practices and lots of work it was finally Friday and we were in our last class, Double Potions.

Today we were doing a pretty simple draught potion. Snape was going over a few things in the front of the class and I was drooling. No, not because of him. It was just so boring, I already knew this stuff.

"Miss Vedder, will you please come down here?"

I woke up and scrambled down to the front. I did everything he told me and barely even had to use my brain to make the potion.

"Thank you." He said. "Now, this is just the starter for your real potion. Today we are making the Elixir of Life. This is a highly advanced potion so...I doubt that most of you will succeed." I was sent back to my seat and I slumped back down next to Draco.

"Why is he always calling you up there?"

"I dunno...because I'm an amazing potion master." I smirked.

"And as a little experiment I'll be partnering you up myself....you will be with someone from a different House." Snape's lips curled into a smile.

I didn't really give a shit, much. I knew what he was doing. Snape was going to pair the Gryffindors off with the Slytherins to piss them off. That way a Gryffindor will do something bad and Snape can take points away. Clever, but it didn't pass me.

"Malfoy, Miss Bowie, and Evans."

Edge? Why couldn't we be together?

"Hewson, Miss Vedder, and...Guggi."

I sat back as the two boys joined me around the cauldron.

"Hi, love." Bono crooned.

I grinned at him, he was hot. Guggi took a seat and sighed. I looked over at Amber, Draco, and Edge's group. Edge was looking at me, he winked to my surprise. I blushed a little and smiled back at him. Did that mean anything?

"All right." I glanced at the empty cauldron. "Guggi go get everything we need and Bono you can make the simple draught I presume?"

He shook his head.

"I can get this done no problem otherwise."

"But Snape said it was difficult." Guggi said.

"I doubt it."

Guggi gathered the ingredients and I casually dropped them in, muttering a few spells once in a while. For some reason this seemed to easy. Draco stopped by and swung an arm around me.

"Why don't you come help me? And take the Mudblood off of my hands."

"Draco. I'm not doing it." I said firmly.

"Please!" He whispered frantically. "I think she fancies me. I cant have a Mudblood drooling all over me."

"That makes it all the better." I said wickedly and finished up our potion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snape was overjoyed with our potion. It was no big deal really. I went down to the Library to meet up with a few people. It turned out it was over packed with Gryffindors today. Everyone stared at me as I walked in but as soon as I would turn towards them their eyes would advert to somewhere else.

Ron waved me over to their table. I took a seat and then got evil looks from Ginny and Hermione.

"What." I said. "Seriously, if you have a problem with me just say it."

They remained silent.

"Whatever. So Amber....where's George?"

"Right here." He beamed and put an arm around her. "Sup? Hogsmeade this weekend?"

"Yeah..I guess." I shrugged.

"Who are you going with?" Harry asked me.

"Nobody." I sighed.

"I heard you and Draco were going together." Amber piped up.

"Ha, is that what he told you during Potions today? Nah, everyone thinks we're dating for some reason...not sure why."

"Well, who do you want to go with?" Bono said smiling.

"I could name a few boys I'd fancy to ask me."

"How about me?" He grinned charmingly. "I wanna go with you."

"Oh-okay." I smiled back and nodded. "Yeah...yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hair trailed behind me, all wavy. Hopefully Bono thought I looked okay. Draco approached me early today complaining that he couldn't take me. He didn't say much about me and Bono though. Bono was a pure blood yet he was in Gryffindor. Plus most of the time Draco didn't dare to say anything that would piss me off.

Bono was standing with Amber, George, Ron, Hermione, Ginny..and..and Edge. Edge was with Ginny?! Can I die, please, now?

"You look so beautiful." Bono said. "Can we please snog, now?"

I smiled at him and said, "There will be plenty of time for that. Amber, can I talk to you?"

She nodded and I pulled her over to the side street and then created a bubble for us to talk in...this was so no one could overhear our conversation.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GINNY DOING WITH EDGE!?" I cried.

"Oh..he asked her." She replied, scared.

"He fancies her?"

"I don't know!"

"Well....can you...can you find shit out?"

"I thought you two were good friends?"

"We are! Its just! I dunno if he fancies me and I don't want to tell him I like him. Its just too painful for someone to tell you they just want to be friends, FUCK. Can you do this for me?"

Amber nodded quickly and then we left calmly. I smiled at Bono and stuck to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and we set off into Hogsmeade.

I made some chaos in Zonko's with the help of a few others and we went to the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer.

Bono was kissing my neck and whispering things into my ear. I enjoyed this immensely. Partly because he was gorgeous, I liked him, and I wanted to see Edge's reaction. He wasn't even really talking to Ginny which I thought was odd.

"Hey...um me and Amber are going to head back...or..um." George said.

"Go snog her." Hermione laughed.

They left happily and I shifted under the weight of Edge's stare.

"Well, we have Quidditch tomorrow." I said all of a sudden. "And I have to whoop Gryffindor's arse tomorrow. Edge, you'll be cheering for me right?"

"Yeah, o'course." He smiled up at me.

I Bono followed me out and we walked back to Hogwarts hand in hand.

"Incardium." I said at the tapestry on the wall. "Come on."

We entered a secret room. "Wow. I never knew this was here."

"Yeah. I brought you here so we could talk, Bono." I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"That was...OH!"

Bono grabbed me and we snogged like mad. It was a bit messy at first, it seemed like Bono's tongue wanted to go everywhere.

We stopped, breathing heavily.

"Wow, you're insane, Bono."

"In a good way, right."

I kissed him again.

"Yeah. Lets go. I cant be confronting with the Quidditch enemy the night before a match."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had my uniform on and I was ready. So what if it was only a pre-season game. It meant something, especially since it was Gryffindor. I was seriously ready to kick some ass. Ginny was a Chaser, and I was so going to do some damage there.

Draco was talking to me, yet somehow I wasn't paying attention. I was too focused on Edge a few tables away. It was curious. He never had a girlfriend. He was the most attractive boy I had ever seen. Was it because he didn't want one? Or was it because he just didn't find anyone he fancied enough to ask out?

Edge looked over at me and smiled softly. I grinned back and wiggled my fingers.

"So you'll come?"

"Yeah, sure."

"My Da' really wants us to get together so this is good." Draco grinned, looking very pleased with himself.

"What?!"

"I've always wanted you to be my girlfriend, and now its finally happened...that's all."

Fuck, what did I just do?

Adam filled me in on everything as we made our way to the pitch. Apparently my Da' and Draco's Father had always wanted us to date. And Draco really wanted it too. He was my mate but I wasn't too sure I liked him in such a manner. but now I had to concentrate, on the quidditch match.

Chapter Four Amber's POV

Today was the quidditch game between Slytherin and Gryffindor and I was going for my house team of course. Even though Adrienne was playing for Slytherin...and so was Draco. I still couldn't believe that he and I had an actual conversation in Potions. It had been so unreal! And Snape..well he was still being his snarky self but I didn't mind.

Slowly, Adrienne was becoming part of our group of friends. Even though we could all tell that Hermione and Ginny didn't trust her. Harry...he didn't say much about things either way. I was getting worried about him. Ron mentioned something about him having dreams again where he would wake up screaming or thrashing about in bed. And then there was that shouting match with Umbridge that earned him and Adrienne detention. I decided to talk to Harry before the game and snuck into the locker room.

"Ready to kick some Slytherin arse?" George asked Ginny. I ducked behind a locker hoping they wouldn't see me and slipped over to where Harry was at the back.

"Pssst, Harry!"

He turned with his shirt half way off and trapped his face. "Mmph!!"

Giggling I tugged it down and he blinked as I straightened his glasses. "Amber? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to wish you luck before the big game! And..um, I wanted to know if you're feeling all right?"

He turned away from me and started pulling his equipment on. "Of course I'm all right. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you look a little pale..I'm just worried. Are you..having dreams?"

His back stiffened and I winced, wondering if I'd gone too far. "They're not that bad." He said quietly. "I need to finish getting ready.."

"O-okay. Good luck." I hurried out of there and ran into a red head on my way out.

"Oi! Watch where you're...Amber?" George grinned down at me. "Come to give me a good luck snog?"

"Um...sure." I smiled. He pulled me in and met my lips with his. It was soft, sweet...nice. But the spark between us wasn't electric. It just kind of sizzled. I felt bad because George was such a good bloke to be with, why couldn't I be happy with him? Well, maybe if I didn't fancy about, oh, ten or twelve other blokes! I inwardly groaned as I made my way to the quidditch pitch and climbed into the stands.

I took a seat next to Bono and he grinned excitedly. "Adrienne is gonna kick our arses!"

"What!" I laughed. "You're supposed to go for your own team, you git!"

He shrugged "She promised me a good snog if she wins!"

"Ooh, well that explains it all." I rolled my eyes. Hermione, Ron and Neville soon joined us and by eleven it seemed like the whole school was out in the stands. The seats were raised way high up in the air but it was still a little hard to see sometimes, so many of the students had binoculars.

Seamus, and Dean had painted a huge banner that said, "GO, HARRY! CATCH THE SNITCH!" like they had for Harry's very first game.

"Help us out, Hermione?" Dean asked breathlessly as they unfolded the huge thing.

"Oh, all right." She took out her wand and pointed it at the banner. "Wingardium Leviosa!" We all cheered at the huge sign was lifted into the air where Harry could see it.

"Where's my binoculars?" Bono cried suddenly, looking all around his feet.

I rolled my eyes and took out my wand. "Accio, Bono's binoculars." They flew into my hand and I handed them to him.

He grinned. "Oh right, magic. I keep forgetting."

"Even after six years? You're hopeless." Edge snickered. Hey, when did he get here!

Bono stuck out his tongue. "Don't push me or I'll cast one hell of a spell on you!"

"Yeah, like what?" Dean asked.

"Um...abracadabra!" He giggled. Everyone else paled.

"W-What did you say?" Ron choked out.

Bono frowned. "What?"

Hermione gasped. "OH! It's just that, that sounded a lot like Avada Kadavra, Bono. Where did you hear that anyway?"

Bono was pale now too. "Adrienne said it the other day..said it was from some Muggle movie, I thought it was funny!" He turned to Edge. "I didn't mean..I wasn't saying.."

Edge patted him on the back and smiled. "I know, mate. No harm done."

"Who wants some bertie bott's every flavor beans?" Ron held out a bag and broke the tense moment.

I took a handful and ate one. Chewing carefully. "EW, why do I always get pickles!?" Everyone laughed at me.

Edge made a face. "Ear wax."

"Ugh, gross. Haha, I got chocolate!" Bono grinned.

We glared at him. "Git...he gets everything." Edge mumbled.

"What does that mean?" I whispered to him, thinking now might be a good time to get some information out of him about Adrienne.

He flushed. "Em...only that there's something about Bono that gets him what he wants."

"That's true. He's much too cocky for his own good." Hermione interjected. Merlin, she was nosy. Couldn't she tell Edge and I were trying to have a private conversation?

"Who's too cocky?" Ron stuck his head in over Hermione's shoulder. She smiled at him. "Bono."

"What?" Bono asked.

We all shared a look. "Nothing." I said quickly sending Hermione a glare. She better not blab! She didn't like Adrienne enough as it was, if she found out about her fancying Edge who knows what she would do.

About this time the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams probably had a pep talk going on in the locker rooms.

Madam Hooch stood in the middle of the field as the referee and waited for the two teams with her broom in hand. As the teams took to the field we all cheered. Madam Hooch said something to them than they mounted their brooms. Madam Hooch nodded and gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up high, high into the air. They were off!

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Adrienne Vedder of Slytherin - what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive too -"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

Lee Jordan was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Warrington, a good find for Slytherin by the captain last year, a pass back to Vedder and - YES Gryffindor have taken the Quaffle, Gryffindor chaser Ginny Weasley has it and off she goes - nice dive around Lint, off up the field and - OUCH - that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a bludger poor Ginny, was that Vedder?...-Quaffle taken by Slytherin! That's Vedder speeding toward the goal posts, but she's blocked by a second bludger sent by George..er or Fred, can't tell which - nice play by the Gryffindor beater, anyway, Ginny back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes - she's really flying - dodges a speeding bludger - dives - misses - GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"

Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air and howls and moans came from Slytherin.

"ARG! NO!" Bono wailed. We all glared at him and he grinned sheepishly. "I wanna get snogged tonight!'"

"Pathetic." Hermione sniffed. "All you boys care about is sex, sex, sex."

"Is there something else?" Bono pretended to be shocked. She huffed at him and lifted her binoculars.

"This is exciting." Neville said with a little grin. He had really come out of his shell over the summer and he was looking kinda cute. We shared a smile.

"Yeah, I wonder if Harry is close to the snitch." Edge peered up into the sky.

Way above us Harry was gliding over the game with Draco hot on his heels.

"Slytherin in possession." Lee Jordan was saying. "Chaser Vedder ducks two bludgers, two Weasleys and Chaser Ginny, and speeds toward the goal posts - she dives - so close - SLYTHERIN SCORES!"

The Slytherins cheered while we all groaned. Except Bono, who jumped for joy. Ron hit him over the head with his binoculars.

"Here we go - Gryffindor in possession - Fred or George Weasley takes one to the head - that's going to hurt in the morning - oh wait - is that the snitch?"

A hushed silence fell over the pitch and we all turned our eyes to Harry and Draco racing in the sky. They were neck and neck and both with an arm reaching out.

"They must be after the snitch!" Jordan said excitedly. "It's there - Malfoy has a bit of a lead - no wait now Potter - It's neck and neck I tell you - well more like neck and eyes since Malfoy is a little ferret -"

"JORDAN!" Growled Professor McGonagall.

"I mean, he was turned into one last year and all -"

"Jordan, I'm warning you!"

"All right, all right. Back to the game. Slytherin in possession - Mullen with the Quaffle - passes Ginny - and he's hit in the face with a bludger, wonder if it broke his nose , ha that would be funny - only joking, Professor - Slytherins score again...oh no.."

The Slytherins were going crazy. We were all sharing glum looks. And Ron was eying Bono waiting to see if he would start cheering again. He wisely kept quiet. Edge was smiling but that was okay since he was in Ravenclaw. We could let that slide.

"OH MERLIN!" Jordan yelled. "Malfoy and Potter almost collide - the race for the snitch is on! Malfoy takes the lead, damn, I mean, way to go...- Potter speeds up, GO HARRY! - er...Malfoy is doing a bang up job isn't he - flies just like a dragon with a broken wing -"

"Jordan!"

"What.. -oh wait! I think we might - yes somethings happened! Someone has the snitch but who is it!?" We all watched tensely. Harry and Draco both stopped flying in mid air. Then Draco held open his hand and the snitch flew out. "And Malfoy has the snitch - that gives them one hundred points and - SLYTHERIN WINS!"

The Slytherins went crazy and the team met in the middle of the air and cheered amongst themselves. Bono was grinning but one look from the rest of us had him grabbing Edge and making a run for it, probably to reach the locker room and offer congratulations. Adrienne and Draco were carried on the Slytherins shoulders as the team headed for the locker room. Gryffindor was slower to leave, with their shoulders slumped and heads hanging. Harry couldn't be very happy right now...

~~~~~~~~~

Dinner in the Great Hall that night was not a pleasant experience for us Gryffindors. The news had traveled all over the school about the game...as if everyone hadn't been there already! Whispers were floating all around as Harry sat down between Ron and I. The people whispering were obviously not trying to keep quiet. It was almost like they wanted Harry to hear and start shouting or something.

"He sucks at Quidditch now...can you believe he says You-Know-Who is back?"

"Come off it..that's not true."

"He says he saw Cedric Diggory get killed..!"

"Pffff..please..."

"What I don't get." Harry said through gritted teeth, laying down his knife and fork. "Is why they all believed the story two months ago when Dumbledore told them.."

"I'm not sure they did." I said grimly. More whispers as the Slytherin quidditch team finally came into the great hall. The Slytherin table cheered. Adrienne took a quick bow along Draco's side.

"Oh, lets get out of here!" Hermione slammed down her own knife and fork. Ron looked sadly at his half eaten blood pudding but followed suit. I got up too and felt the eyes of everyone on us as we walked across the hall.

"Hey, Harry!" Everything froze for a second. The Harry turned to face Adrienne as she walked up to him with a smile on her face.

"Yes, Adrienne?" He said stiffly. I saw Hermione's wand hand twitch and Ron was already holding his wand tightly by his side.

Adrienne noticed and her smile turned grim. "I just wanted to congratulate you, you might not have won but I was watching you out there, you played a good game."

Harry visibly relaxed. "Thanks...you were good too. Nice job...tell Draco he did...okay too." We all gaped at him. Only Adrienne didn't seem surprised by this.

She grinned. "Sure thing, Harry. See ya later tonight for detention with fucking toad face."

Harry groaned at being reminded. "Yeah...see you.."

We left the great hall then. Rain pounded on the window panes as we strode across the empty corridors back to Gryffindor tower. I still had homework to do before bed and I wasn't the only one.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia." Hermione said before the fat lady could ask. The portrait swung open and we all scrambled inside.

The common room was nearly empty as everyone was still at dinner. Crookshanks came over and purred against our feet. We sat down in our favorite seats before the fire and stared into the flames.

"How can Dumbledore have let this happen!?" Hermione cried suddenly making us all jump. "How can he let that terrible woman teach us? And in our O.W.L. year too!"

"Well, we've never had great defense against the dark arts teaches, have we?" Harry said.

"Nope, we haven't."

"AHHH!!" Ron cried and pointed his wand at Adrienne as she leaned against the wall just inside the port hole.

"How did you get in here?" Hermione snapped, holding her own wand out.

"I followed you and heard the password." She shrugged and slumped into the seat next to Ron and smiled at him. "Nice night isn't it?" We all glared and she snorted. "Maybe it's just me. Anyway we all know what it's like, Hagrid's saying it all the time. Nobody wants the job 'cause it's jinxed."

"But, that still doesn't make sense why Dumbledore would hire someone who wont even let us do magic! What's he playing at?" Hermione sighed.

"And she's trying to get people to spy for her." Bono said darkly.

"Aahh! Where did you come from?" Ron cried.

Bono smirked. "I snuck in after Adrienne." He sat down next to me and sighed. "Do you remember when she said she wanted us to come and tell her if we hear anyone saying You-Know-Who's back? She's up to no good."

"Of course she is, that's obvious, why else would Fudge have wanted her to come?" snapped Hermione.

"Don't start arguing again." Harry said wearily.

"Yeah, that doesn't solve anything." Adrienne said. "We're better off coming together on our own and fighting off the hag."

"What are you saying?" I asked. "You want us to fight back?"

Hermione twitched. "We can't...! And how do we know you're not a spy for her and trying to get us in trouble?" Her and Adrienne had a little glaring contest.

"Listen, this is dangerous to talk about here." Harry said, glancing at people who'd started to come back from dinner. "Adrienne, you better leave before you're seen. We'll talk later at detention, yeah?"

Adrienne nodded and stood. "Sure Harry...just remember what I said. I'm on your side." She looked at all of us pointedly before she left.

Bono grinned after her. "Isn't she great? She's got such spirit."

"Whatever Bono." Ron scowled. "She doesn't even fancy you, she's just waiting for a better bloke to come along."

"And that would be you?" Bono smirked. Ron flushed and mumbled something. Hermione rolled her eyes and stood.

"Can we just do our homework now and get it out of the way?" Harry asked, thankfully breaking the mounting tension between Bono and Ron.

"Shall we do Snape's stuff first?" Ron asked. We all groaned, and nodded. Best to get the hardest stuff over with first.

Halfway through our work Hermione yelled at Fred and George for testing their new edible experiments of some first years. There were limp bodies all over the common room and Fred was beaming. One student started hiccuping purple bubbles and that sent George mumbling to himself and digging through his bags.

"Don't you think that's dangerous?" I said mildly as another one fainted.

George smiled. "Perfectly safe."

"It's not right!" Hermione yelled.

"Rubbish."

One of the first years woke up and said she was all right but she looked a little shaky. That was the last straw for Hermione and she threatened to inform Mrs. Weasley if they didn't stop right then.

"You wouldn't." George said, horrified and taking a step back from her.

"Oh, yes, I would." She said grimly. "I can't stop you eating the things yourself but you're not giving them to first years."

Fred and George looked thunderstruck. It was clear this was hitting below the belt. They collected their things and went up to their dorm, shooting Hermione nasty looks as they went. I sighed and felt like going after George but knowing the twins they were already plotting revenge and I didn't want to get involved.

Things quieted down a little and we finished our homework. Then Harry stood and sighed. "I'm off to detention."

"Good luck, mate." Bono offered."Say hello to Adrienne for me." Harry nodded and left. I hoped that it wouldn't be too terrible.

~~~~~~~~

The following day was leaden and rainy. We were getting kind of worried that Hagrid was missing.

"Well, at least no Snape today." Ron said cheerfully.

I wilted. "That sucks." Ron gave me a disgusted look.

Bono yawned widely and poured himself some coffee. "I didn't get a wink of sleep last night."

"Have a midnight love affair, did you?" Fred asked.

"Ha, I wish. Just had some nightmares.." He shivered. "Kinda gruesome ones."

We all stared at him, than at Harry, who was looking into his plate of eggs and toast. I knew he was having dreams but for once in five years he wasn't telling any of us about them and that was really worrisome.

Suddenly someone pushed Bono over and sat down at our table. "Morning." Adrienne grumbled and reached for Bono's coffee.

"What the..why are you always popping up!?" Ron grinned, not looking the least bit mad about it.

She shrugged. "I dunno. Have you got a problem with it?" Still grinning, Ron shook his head. "Good. So, I've been thinking, we should get together and practice our own defense." We all gasped.

"Watch what you say!" Hermione hissed.

Adrienne rolled her eyes. "Do I look like an idiot? I cast a silencing charm. Stop worrying so much. It'll lead to terrible heart burn. I should know, my Da suffers from it. The git deserves it too."

We all stared than slowly started to laugh.

"What's heartburn?" Ron asked after he stopped laughing.

"Ron! Why were you laughing if you don't even know what it is?" I asked, exasperated.

He shrugged. "Sounded funny!"

Adrienne grinned and slung an arm around him. "It was funny. Soo, are we all in Double Care of Magical Creatures later?" We all nodded. "Brilliant. See you there.."

She started back to Slytherin and I ran after her. "Adrienne!" She stopped and turned. "I was just wondering..um..do you think there's a chance that Draco would ever-"

"Stop right there." She held up a hand. "There's no way. You're not pureblood and no offense but he wont go near any girl who's not."

I sighed. "I kinda knew that but I had to ask. I talked to Dave..I mean Edge, a little and I know he's jealous of Bono. I really think he fancies you. Actually I think Ron might too.."

She smiled nervously. "Really? Well, that's good then isn't it?"

"Yeah!"

"Well, I better get going." She flipped her hair and I noticed a bandage on her hand.

"What's that?"

She glanced down and shrugged. "Just something toad face gave Harry and I last night."

"What! Let me see."

She pulled her hand behind her back and frowned. "Later! We don't have time now. Get back to your table. Your little friends are waiting for you." She walked away and sat next to Larry. I watched them talking and then sighed and turned away. Whatever was going on she wasn't ready to tell me but I was definitely going to question Harry as soon as I could.

~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone here?" Barked Professor Grubbly-Plank once all of us Gryffindors and Slytherins arrived just near by Hagrid's hut and the forbidden forest for Care of Magical Creatures. "Let's crack on then - who can tell me what these are called?"

She pointed to a heap of twigs in front of her. Adam Clayton's hand shot up. He was called on and said. "They're Bowtruckles. They're tree guardians."

"Five points to Slytherin." said the Professor. "Yes, these are Bowtruckles. They generally live in trees of wand quality. Anybody know what they eat?"

"Wood lice." Hermione said promptly which earned her a glare from Adam. "But they like fairy eggs if they can get them." Ew.

"Good girl. Five points to Gryffindor. Now these little creatures may not look dangerous but if angered they will gouge our human eyes with their fingers, which, as you can see, are very sharp and not at all desirable near the eyeballs."

'Brilliant." Bono muttered eying the Bowtruckles closely. Harry snorted next to him and Adrienne made a face. Well at least we didn't have anything huge and hairy today.

"So, if you'd all gather closer, take a few wood lice and a bowtruckle, I have enough here for one between three, you can study them more closely. I want a sketch at the end of the lesson."

The class moved froward around the table. Harry moved over to the professor and asked her something about Hagrid but she wouldn't answer him. Draco eyed Harry with a smirk and almost said something but then Adrienne elbowed him. Draco glared but when he saw it was her it turned into a smirk.

"Better watch what you say around here Malfoy." Bono threatened.

"He didn't say anything, Bono ." Adam sneered as he grabbed one of the bowtruckles and walked away. Larry walked up next and looked me right in the eye. I froze as he slowly smiled and winked. MERLIN'S BALLS!

"Hey, Amber." He grinned. "Want to be my partner?"

I gaped. "Um..I..."

"She's with me." Adrienne slung an arm around me and glared at Larry.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged and backed off. He made a group with Adam and Draco. Merlin, what a threesome they were.

"Thanks..I think." I said.

Adrienne laughed. "Oh you want to thank me. Lar is not interested in anything but having your skirt up around your head."

I blushed. "Really? I thought he was nice?"

"He is..but he still wants to shag you."

"Just me?"

"Not sure..I could ask." She grinned. "Why, do you fancy him too?"

"Um.."

"Salazar's beard." She shook her head. "What are we gonna do with you?"

"I'll take her." Harry said quietly as he snuck up to us. He smiled at me.

I smiled. "You..what....huh.." Way to sound mature!

Adrienne snorted. "You want to join us, Harry? We're still one short."

Harry nodded and held up the bowtruckle he'd already gotten from the table. We eyed it with distaste.

"That thing isn't really going to poke out my eyes it is?" I asked fearfully.

"I dunno." Adge picked up a quill and started sketching. "We can test it out on someone...I bet I could get Bono to volunteer."

"Did I hear my name?" Bono called from a few feet away where he was partnered with Hermione and Ron.

Adrienne smirked at him. "Yes, luv. Would you come over here for a second?"

Bono moved to but Hermione grabbed his sleeve and stopped him. She flung Adrienne a nasty look.

"Will she ever stop hating me?" Adrienne asked in annoyance.

"Probably." Harry bit his lip and lifted up the little bowtruckle. It was wriggling in his grasp and I held some wood lice ready in case we needed to distract the thing from wanting to eat our eyes. Ugh. "She's just jealous." He went on. "Cause we all know she's fancied Bono forever."

Adrienne and I gaped at him. "What!?" I cried then quieted at Adrienne's sharp look. She took out her wand and cast a quick silencing charm.

"How do you know that, Harry?" She asked.

"She told me over summer break, not that I care." He shrugged. "And Ron fancies you, Adrienne, but everyone thinks it's Hermione. They're in for a surprise."

"Wow...you're just a fountain of knowledge aren't you." Adrienne smirked.

Harry grinned. "Yeah, too bad no one believes me."

It can be a Hufflepuff girl :hyper:
And she can be called Penelope Lane Starr
But everybodys calls her Penny
And Adam can say "Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes"
:cute:

OK! I swear I'll stop
I stopped...:doh::reject: what a shame

:ohmy: thanks for the ideas! I actually think Edge/Hermione would be a good pairing. Just don't tell Adge that :shh: The hardest one to pair off is Bono. Maybe because everyone wants him :lol: Ginny maybe? Ugh I don't know.

Adge wants everyone to herself (as do I!) so we end up pairing ourselves with everyone, than rewriting it. :doh:

oooh oh oh setting it during the Marauders Era is an excellent idea! Then you get all kinds of goodness. I'm thinking it's either time for a rewrite or a whole new story :hmm: Thanks for the inspiration! More ideas are always welcome:shifty:

I don't think it's possible to have clean thoughts at the moment. :lol: But I believe you :wink:

:|

It can be a Hufflepuff girl :hyper:
And she can be called Penelope Lane Starr
But everybodys calls her Penny
And Adam can say "Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes"
:cute:

OK! I swear I'll stop
I stopped...:doh::reject: what a shame

:hmm: it's a good idea! I always have a hard time pairing Adam with anyone though...I want him :grumpy:

:lol:

aww, it's fine with me! I love to hear new ideas! :hug:

Kkkk, here's chapters five and six :)

I don't own HP or U2 blah blah. Rated PG-13..most of it will be. I don't think it gets any worse (or better depending...) than that..not really :shifty:

:lol:

Enjoy! :)

Chapter FIVE Adge's POV

"Voldemort is out there and we have to know how to defend ourselves.' Harry slammed a fist on his desk.

Umbridge stood up and walked quickly up to his desk. I saw her hand reach for her wand. That's when I stood up and got to my wand quicker.

"What do you think you're doing, Miss Vedder?" Umbridge eyed me as her wand was pointed at Harry.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said with alot of attitude. "If we cant use magic, then how come you do?"

She remained silent as her nostrils flared with anger. "I am the teacher here, not you."

"So, what? Do you think you're going to cast some spell on me just because you're an old git?" Harry said.

That was it. Once again we were thrown out of DADA and given another detention.

"Fuck." I yelled and kicked the castle wall.

"Lets do it." Harry said firmly.

"Do what?"

"Lets form a group and learn behind her back. Its the only way me and you will stop getting detentions and being thrown out of class."

I nodded, agreeing with him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Us sixth years were allowed to go to Hogsmeade during the week, just not many did since there was so much work to be done. Plus the weekends were way more fun there.

Everyone gathered in the Hog's Head and signed the sheet to join 'Dumbledore's Army.' After we all did there was the talk about meetings.

"How do we know we can trust her?" Ginny Weasley said glaring at me.

I stood up and gripped my wand tightly. "If you say that one more time I will hex you, Ginny. And I don't miss."

"Edge, do something." She said quietly.

He looked at me and then said, "I-I cant."

I rolled my eyes and then glanced at Harry for support.

"All right! Enough of this!" He shook his head. "Our first meeting will be tomorrow in the Hidden Room on the third floor."

Everyone agreed to it and then dispersed. I had to get back to finish up my Charms essay.

"Hey, can I walk you back, love?" Bono asked.

I nodded and he wrapped an arm around me. Amber walked up shyly to us.

"Sorry about Ginny."

"Yeah." I waved it off. "I don't care. I'm so used to it and plus...I never really liked her anyway. So tell me about you and Harry."

"What?" Bono said bug-eyed.

She blushed. "I just fancy him a bit, that's all...."

"Oh, really?" Bono squeezed me closer. "A little?"

"Yeah...I dunno. I heard he likes Cho Chang."

I pretended to throw up. "I hate her. And she sucks at Quidditch...but they are both seekers....I heard Edge fancies her too." I looked at the ground, disappointed.

We made it back to Hogwarts, unnoticed. None of us wanted to run into Umbridge who recently had been on the prowl.

"Well, I'll see you in class tomorrow." I said and headed for the Dungeons.

"Hey, aren't you forgetting something?" Bono waggled his eyebrows.

I kissed him swiftly and winked.

In the common room, Draco was sitting on the couch casually waiting for him.

"Where've you been? I got some prat to do my Charms essay for me and I was going to get yours done for you too."

"Oh!" I smiled fakely. "I was out causing some mayhem in the corridors but it's no problem. I can easily get that done...so um....I guess I'll go do that now."

"All right. How about I get some food from the kitchens and then you can come down here and we can hang...."

"Okay." I shrugged.

Immediately after Draco left I ran to tell Larry and Adam to come to the common room with us. I couldn't deal with any opportunities with Draco to snog. I fancied Edge too much for that.

My Charms essay was nearly finished to my surprised. I forgot how much I worked on it that week. So to my dismay I went back down to meet up with my mates.Draco looked a bit pissed sitting with Adam and Larry but that was just too bad.

I took a seat next to Adam and laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm so tired, Ad."

"I can take you to my room." He smiled suggestively.

"Nah, I'm good." I said.

"Stop talking to her like that you wanker. She's mine." Draco pushed Adam off and then took the other side of me.

"Draco...." I said and looked straight into his eyes.

"Petrificus Totalus!" He stunned both Larry and Adam.

He grabbed my face and pulled me onto him. I couldn't help but realize how good of a kisser he was.
"Draco, when you asked me out. I didn't know you did." I sputtered. "I just said yes. I was really tired that day and I didn't want you to think that I wasn't interested in what you were saying so I just went along with it."

"So you don't want to go out with me." Draco looked angry.

"I dunno....see I don't want to ruin our friendship." Yeah, go with that! "Remember when I dated Adam?"

He nodded.

"Well, ever since then it hasn't been the same, between us. And Draco I consider you to be one of my really good mates. I do fancy you, but its too much of a risk."

He sighed. "Well why cant we just see what happens?"

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm about to pass out and when Larry and Adam wake up they will not be happy to see that you hexed them so lets just go to bed okay?"

Draco nodded. "Just one more kiss though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I took a seat at the Gryffindor table and received smiles from them all. I was going to have breakfast with Edge but I just couldn't bring myself to hang out with him now. Especially since I had no idea if he fancied me or not.

My hand was still all tied up in a bandage and Bono was looking at it with concern.

"So who's ready for Double Potions today?" I asked with a smile directed to Amber in particular.

"I know I am!" She said excitedly.

"Oh yeah." I rolled my eyes.

Edge came over to the Gryffindor table and squished next to Ginny who grinned at him. I wanted to puke. He smiled at me and I looked away.

All of a sudden hundreds of owls swooped down on us.

"YES! Mail's here!" Bono grinned up at them.

A black owl landed on Bono's arm and began pecking violently.

"Rory! Don't do that!" I grabbed him off of Bono and grabbed the letter out of his hand.

Dear Adrienne,
I miss you very much. I wish there was more I could do for you. If I could I would have you move in with me. I'm working on that. There has to be a way of having all this work out. Your father is not exactly a perfect man. Now I know they are reading your post...so be careful what you say.
I would tell you more, but I cant.
You have a friend among you, you just haven't met. I hope I'm making sense, but its hard to write in code like this. I hope you will meet him soon though and figure all of this out.
We need to talk....I was a Slytherin as you know...in the common room there's a tapestry, if you know what to do then do it. It will help our situation.
Love,
Snuffles

I read it over and over and then I realized what he meant. Behind the tapestry must be something that can help us communicate. I knew the spell too. Sirius had showed me it a long time ago telling me that only the Marauders knew it.

Harry stared at me hard and I looked at him wondering if he had just seen my letter...he couldn't have.
"Can we talk...later?" He asked.

I nodded, confused.

I rejoined my mates from Slytherin and then we went to Potions. Snape was beginning a lecture on the Polyjuice Potion.

"This can be used for both bad and good. I do not want you to take advantage of this, now that you will soon know how to brew it. I will know if you have been experimenting with it. Now, for all of you who want to beAurors this will especially come in handy so pay attention."

Two men barged into our class and Snape bowed a little towards them.

"Mr. Vedder....Mr. Malfoy, what do I owe this pleasure to?"

"Our children. Its very important." My father said.

"Its business...." Malfoy said sort of suspiciously. "And sorry Snape, for doing this." He didn't sound very sorry.

Snape brushed it off. I got up out of my seat, noticing Amber drooling uncontrollably. Oh my god, not him too!

Draco and I were thrown into the hallway with our fathers and a silencing charm was cast.

"The Dark Lord needs you, Draco." Malfoy said. "He needs you to do something here in the school. There will be an attack from some Death Eaters...and of course you knowFenrir."

"I will do as the Dark Lord wants of me." Draco said seriously. "And how will I get everyone in?"

"There is a room...its known as the Room of Requirement, you will use that. Details will come later. But you must start to prepare immediately."

"And why do you need me, Lucius?" I said coldly.

"The Dark Lord needs you too." My father spoke at once. "He knows of you talents."

"The Dark Lord knows that you are a highly acclaimed witch here." Lucius said looking at me in a fond way. He knew about Draco and I then. "Draco's task is simple enough. He knows that you are loyal as well. So he needs you to fight along the Death Eaters. You are much more skilled than they are...even at your young age."

I remained silent.

"Why come now though?" Draco asked.

"The Dark Lord wanted us to inform you as soon as possible." My so called father said.

He nodded and then the silence charm was lifted.

"You will hear from us later, both of you." Lucius said and walked briskly down the halls.

Draco and I walked back into Potions. He was beaming and I was as pale as ever. I would never help Voldemort but now I would have to play it safe. I needed to know how to kill him but he was so powerful if I ever met him would I be able to fool him?

Chapter SIX Amber's POV

"We have to do something!" Ron cried. "We can just sit around and wait for a Death Eater attack!"

"Ron, calm down." Adrienne said. Her, Ron, Harry, Bono, and I were sitting around the fire in the Gryffindor common room. It was the safest place to talk while everyone was down eating lunch. And Hermione was in the library. I knew she would want to be there but I wondered if Adrienne had planned it this way so she wouldn't have to deal withHermione's attitude towards her. And after listening to what Mr. Malfoy and her Da had told her and Draco earlier I was glad Hermione hadn't been there.

"We are doing something." Harry said, rubbing his hands over his face and looking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He kind of did. "We've got the first DA meeting later and we're going to learn the spells we need to defend ourselves."

Bono agreed with him and said. "We need more people though." He turned to Adrienne. "Do we have any support in Slytherin?"

Harry looked at him sharply and then at Adrienne. "I didn't think of that...but it wouldn't hurt."

She sighed. "I think there might be a few but I'll have to approach them carefully. If anyone suspects that Slytherins are going to the light we'll be picked off one by one and then killing Voldemort-" Ron, Bono, Edge and I flinched and Harry and Adrienne rolled their eyes. "Killing Voldemort will be harder."

"Well, we need all the support we can get." Harry said firmly and looked into Adrienne's eyes. "You're up for this?"

"Are you kidding? This is my life. I can handle it."

"Are you sure it's safe?" Edge asked looking at her, concerned. "If you are found out, you'll be the first target for the Death Eaters."

Adrienne shrugged. "I'm not worried. I know a few people I could hide out with if it comes to that. And if I am found out I'm going down alone. I wont be responsible for any of you getting hurt, or worse..."

"You wont be found out." Edge said swallowing nervously. "You can't be."

Adrienne smiled and patted his knee. "Hey, I'm not worried. I do this shite all the time. I better get going..." She stood and then froze with her eyes on the fireplace. "Or maybe I'll stick around for a while...um Edge could you do me a favor?" Edge nodded. "Could you go get me something to drink? I'm just dying of thirst here.."

"Sure, I'll be back." He smiled and left.

I frowned wondering if it was my imagination of if Adrienne had just gotten rid of Edge.

"What the...did you see that?!" Harry blinked rapidly and slid off his chair onto his knees, crouching on the hearthrug and peering into the flames.

"Er...Harry..." said Ron uncertainly. "What did you see?"

"I didn't see anything." I got down there with him. "What was it?"

"I just saw Sirius's head in the fire." Harry said quite calmly.

"Sirius's head..." Bono blinked. "Um..he wouldn't try to fire call you like last time would he? That's way kinda dangerous- Sirius!"

I gasped, gazing at the fire. There in the middle of the dancing flames was Sirius's head, his long dark hair falling around his grinning face. "I was starting to think you guys would never be done. I've been checking back every hour."

"Every hour?" Harry asked laughing.

"Wow!...but we've been in here for a while. Why didn't you say something?" I asked.

"You were having an important conversation, I could tell." He said simply.We all nodded. Then I realized that Adrienne was here.

"OH! UM!" I waved at her and she smirked.

Ron gaped at her. "OH NO! We're doomed!"

"What?" Sirius looked over and saw her. He grinned. "Hello, Adrienne."

She waggled her fingers. "Hey, Sirius."

"You guys know each other?!" Bono gasped.

Adrienne shrugged. "A little. So what's going on Sirius?"

"Yeah, why are you taking this chance. It's dangerous." I scolded him gently.

"I know, but it was the only way of answering Harry's letter without resorting to a code - some codes are breakable."

I turned to Harry. "You didn't say you'd written to him!"

"I forgot." He said. I rolled my eyes. "And I think the more important thing is how Adrienne knows Sirius!"

"I'll fill you in when it's time." Adrienne said, making it known that she didn't want us all to know right now. "We have to hurry, Edge will be back soon."

"Why can't he be here?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I don't know who to trust and I'm not one hundred percent sure about him yet."

"So, Sirius?" Harry grinned at his Godfather.

"We'll be quick, first, your scar..." We hadn't even known it had been bothering Harry but apparently it had. Sirius tried to reassure him about that.

"So, you don't think it has anything to do with Umbridge touching me when Adrienne and I were in detention with her?" Harry asked.

"I doubt it." Sirius said. "I know her by reputation and I'm sure she's no Death Eater -"

"She's foul enough to be one!" Adrienne said darkly and we all nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Yes, but the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters." He smiled wryly. "I know she's a nasty piece of work, though. You should hearRemus talk about her."

We all grinned at the mention of him. "Does Lupin know her?" Harry asked quickly. We didn't have much time left.

"No, but she drafted a bit of an anti-werewolf legislation two years ago that makes it impossible for him to get a job."

"What's she got against werewolf's?" Adrienne asked angrily. I was surprised, I didn't know she cared about Lupin.

"Scared of them, I expect." Sirius said, smiling at her indignation. "How is she at teaching?"

"She wont even let use magic at all!" Bono frowned.

"All we do is read the stupid textbook." Ron added.

"Ah. Well, that figures." Sirius said. "Our information from the inside the Ministry is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat."

"Trained in combat?" Harry repeated incredulously. "What does he think, that we're forming some wizard army?"

"Exactly. He's afraid Dumbledore is recruiting you for his own private troops so he will be able to take on the Ministry."

There was a pause. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Bono said rolling his eyes.

"Yes." Sirius grinned. "It's pathetic."

"Have you heard anything about Hagrid?" I asked.

"Ah....he was supposed to be back by now, no one's sure what's happened to him." Seeing our stricken faces he added quickly. "ButDumbledore's not worried, so don't you all get yourselves in a state; I'm sure Hagrid's fine."

"But, if he was supposed to be back by now..." Adrienne said. We all exchanged worried looks.

"Look, don't ask too many questions about him okay?" Sirius said. "It'll draw more attention to the fact he's not back. Hagrid's tough, he'll be okay..." We weren't particularly cheered by this. "When will you guys be at Hogsmeade next? I was thinking, we got away with the dog disguise before, didn't we? I thought I could -"

"NO!" Harry and Adrienne yelled together.

Sirius pouted in the flames. "Fine, but I'm going crazy in this house. If I have to listen to Kreacher's mutterings one more time.."

"Sorry it's no fun, Sirius." Adrienne said. "I wish we could get together but it's too risky. You could get chucked back intoAzkaban and then we'd all be fucked."

"Language." He grinned. "Now..one more thing before I go. Adrienne, The Order has talked this whole threat of the Death Eater attack over and we all agree it would be best if you speak to your fellowSlytherins and try to sway a few to our side."

I gaped. We'd already decided to do that on our own! How did he find out..oh. Adrienne. She grinned. "Yes, sir! I'm right on that."

"That's the spirit!" He laughed. "Be careful though. If anything happened..." He cleared his throat and Adrienne blinked rapidly. They must be really close to be showing such emotion for each other...what in hell is going on?

"I'll take care of myself. I have lots of friends." She smiled at all of us. "I'm covered."

"All right." Sirius smiled. "I'll write to tell you the next time I can make it back into the fire, then, shall I? If it's not too dangerous." He smirked at me and I flushed.

"Okay, Sirius!" Harry called and then there was a tiny pop and Sirius's head was gone and we stared into the flickering flames.

"We need to talk." Adrienne said to Harry. "Tomorrow good for you?" Harry nodded and she stood. "Good, I better get going..wait where's Edge?"

"Here." He stepped out from behind a winged back chair. We all kinda paled. Had he been spying!?

"Edge...how long were you listening?" Adrienne asked quietly.

"Long enough." He smirked. "You know Sirius Black!? That's the best news I've heard all day. He's brilliant."

She gaped at him. "What...wow. I didn't see that coming."

"Me neither." Bono snorted. "You know Black isn't an evil wizard right, Edge?"

He blinked. "Of course! I'm not an evil wizard either, Bono."

"Oookay.." Bono didn't seem convinced.

"Um...well I really better go before I'm missed." Adrienne said.

"I'll walk you to your common room?" Bono asked eagerly.

At the same time Edge said, "Can I talk to you?"

Adrienne looked back and forth between them. "Bono, can I take a rain check?" He nodded glumly.

Edge smiled at her and said. "See you mates later." They waved and left. They were finally getting a chance to get closer!

"This is mental." Ron muttered.

"No kidding." Harry sank back into his armchair, rubbing his eyes. He looked exhausted. Those detentions with Umbridge were really taking it out of him. Not to mention our heavy homework load and the threat of You-Know-Who lurking around every corner.

"Harry, maybe you should go to bed early tonight?" I said.

He dropped his hands and looked blearily at me. "Yeah, that might be a good idea..but we've got the DA meeting first."

"Fuck, almost forgot about that..you know,. I think we'll go see if there's any lunch left.." Bono stood and winked at me. What? "Come on Ron." He grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up.

"Oi! Be careful would you!? This is my last decent robe!"

Bono rolled his eyes and smirked back at Harry and I as they walked towards the porthole. "Take your time, you two..sit and chat a while..you've earned a little romantic time."

Oh, Merlin, Bono I hate you. I inwardly groaned. Harry was frowning then he glanced at me and flushed a little, which made him look even cuter.

"Bono is mental." I said weakly. "He knows you fancy Cho.."

Harry laughed in surprise. "Where did you hear that?"

"Um..well you were talking to her last week and she really seems to like you. And last year you asked her to the ball.." I looked into the fire, feeling my face heat and wishing the floor would swallow me.

"That was ages ago, I don't like her anymore. She's too..I dunno." He wrinkled his nose. "Snooty."

I grinned, my whole outlook turning around. "Really. That's brilliant!" Harry raised an eyebrow at my excitement and I flushed. "Um, I mean..well Ikinda...um..fancy you." Oh my god, why did I say that?

Harry's eyes widened behind his glasses and he sat forward in his chair. I prepared for the worst "You do!? That's brilliant, because I fancy you too... I just didn't know how you felt so..I didn't want to bullocks our friendship all up." He grew hesitant. "You really like me?"

"YES." I nodded. "I have for a while.."

We grinned at each other for a while. "So..now what?" Harry asked.

I giggled and he flushed. He obviously wasn't very experienced in this area. I wasn't either. "We go out?"

"Together?"

"That's usually how it's done."

"I know." He grinned. "So..you and I? Together..as in we're now a couple?"

"Yes, Harry!"

"Okay!" He laughed.

I wanted to get up and start dancing. Harry and I were finally dating! It had happened in an odd way but that was okay. We were odd people.

"Should we..kiss?" Harry asked swallowing and looking down.

"O-Okay.." We both stood and moved closer. Our faces we were only a few inches apart. "This is weird, but good." I whispered. Harry nodded, his eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes. Then our lips touched and we were kissing. It felt so good. Harry tilted his head and our kiss deepened. Then an electric shock moved through us and we gasped and jerked back.

"What was that?" Harry asked touching his lips.

"I don't know..a shock from the carpet?"

"Yeah, probably." He didn't look convinced, but really what else could it be? Neither one of us had cast a spell or anything.

"It wasn't wandless magic was it?" I asked, half joking.

Harry blinked. "I don't know..I could ask Snuffles, but uh, that would be embarrassing." We both laughed and sat back down in our arm chairs.

We sat in silence and stared at the fire. It was a relaxing change from our hectic lives.

"Damn! I forgot to ask Snuffles something." Harry said suddenly.

I sat up and stared at him with wide eyes. "You did? Is it important?"

"Well, in his letter I got a few days ago he said that there's someone here at Hogwarts I don't know about that's on my side. He didn't say who though and I wanted to ask him..."

"Maybe next time?" Harry nodded. "Do you know who it might be?"

He hesitated. "Maybe. I need to talk to a few people first."

I nodded, getting the feeling that he didn't want to share that just yet. "So..anything else you forgot to tell me?" I joked.

"em..well now the ministry knows he's hiding in London. I bet it was that Mr. Malfoy who told them, the bastard."

I swallowed, feeling bad about drooling over the blonde earlier. "Yeah..."

Harry glanced at his watch and flinched. "It's almost time for the DA meeting. We better get going."

"Nervous Professor Potter?" I grinned.

He gave me a look. "Does Dumbledore love socks?" I took that as a yes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry brought his map so we wouldn't run into any professors or Filch and we made it to the room of requirement easily. Harry made the door appear and the few of us that were waiting walked in warily. Inside the walls were lined with wooden bookcases and instead of chairs there were large silk cushions on the floor. A set of shelves at the far end of the room carried a range of instruments we could use. It was brilliant.

"This is amazing!" Hermione went straight to the books. "It looks like everything we need is here!" She said excitedly.

There was a gentle knock of the door then. Ron, Hermione, Harry, Bono, and I looked around. Adrienne, Edge, Ginny, Neville, Dean and Seamus had arrived.

"Whoa." Dean said staring around impressed. "What is this place?"

Harry explained and more people started arriving. Luna, Cho, Fred, George and some other Ravenclaw students. Once everyone from the list had arrived Harry walked to the door and turned the key in the lock. It clicked in a satisfyingly loud way and everybody fell silent. We all looked at him.

"Well, this is the place we've found for practices....er..I hope it's okay."

"It's fantastic!" Cho said and several people murmured in agreement. Stupid cow. I really didn't like her. Especially now that Harry and I were dating. Well, it had only been like an hour since we started but still, he was mine now and I was his. No one was going to get in the way of that.

"Well...I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and er..." Hermione's hand shot up. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to have a leader." She said.

"That makes sense." Adrienne said. She got some dirty looks from Ginny and Cho. She ignored them and smiled at Harry. "Who though?"

"Harry's leader." Cho said loudly. We all stayed quiet.

"Um..I don't really need to be." Harry said awkwardly. "We can choose someone else.."

"Lets take a vote." Bono suggested. "Everyone who wants Harry raise your hands." Almost all the hands shot up and Harry's face reddened.

"Er, thanks. I reckon we should all divide into pairs and practice."

It felt very odd to be taking instructions from Harry but it was probably odder for him to be giving them. We all divided up and I got Adrienne. We grinned at each other.

"Okay...begin." Harry said. The room was suddenly filled with shouts of "Expelliarmus!" Wands flew in all directions including mine.

I got it back and beamed at Adrienne. "You're really good!"

"Thanks, I've been practicing for a while." She smiled. "Again?" I nodded and we tried again, walking in slow circles and pretending we were dueling. It was kind of scary but exciting. We practiced for a while until everyone had succeeded in disarming their partner at least once. Harry had walked around the room giving tips to anyone who seemed to be having trouble. I noticed thatCho was paired up with Edge and she asked Harry for help quite often. When Harry walked by me I grinned at him and he winked. Fred and George tried to use a few hexes on Dean and Seamus but Harry quickly put an end to it and the twins grinned sheepishly.

"Okay, Stop!" Harry shouted after a while. "Stop! STOP!" We all lowered our wands. "That wasn't bad." He said once the excitement had died down. "but there's room for improvement. We better leave it here though. Same time, same place next week?"

"Sooner!" Bono said eagerly and many people nodded in agreement.

"The Quidditch season is really about to start, we need team practices too." Ron put in.

"Let's say next Wednesday night, then." Adrienne said. "And then we can decide on additional meetings then.."

"Sounds good." Harry smiled at her. "We better get going.." He used to map to make sure it was all clear and we scattered.

"That was really, really good, Harry." I said when it was just me, Harry, Ron, Adrienne, Hermione, Edge, and Bono left.

"Yeah it was!" Edge said enthusiastically. "Did you see me disarm Cho? That was hilarious."

We all kind of snickered and Adrienne looked particularly happy.

"I disarmed Hermione!" Bono aid cheerfully.

"Only once!" She sniffed. "I doubt you could do it again."

"I could!" He took out his wand and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please."

Harry laughed and surprised me by taking my hand in his. We shared a shy smile.

"Oi!!! What's going on with you two?" Ron asked ogling our joined hands.

"We're dating." Harry said grinning. "Got a problem with that?"

"Em..nope, I guess. It seems like everyone is pairing off though.." Ron glanced at Adrienne. She was looking at Edge though and he at her. They smiled at each other. Bono frowned and moved in to wrap an around Adrienne. She didn't seem to notice. Things were getting complicated with her. I wondered just how many blokes fancied her at the moment. I was glad to only have Harry and only a little envious.

Fancys, snogs, dates...Oh, I so love this kind of thing! :cute:

And Adam and Adrienne had date? OH BIATCH! I so hate Adrienne! :sad:

I always thought that Bono's Patronum would be a fat walrus and Edge's would be a cat, just dunno why :D

Great, great, great! Keep em coming! :up:

k, I'm back and ready to go! Here's the next chapter! :)

This is when we realized that we were missing out on a lot by us each writing a chapter so we decided to do two POVs (point of view) a chapter, one by each of us. I typed who did what so I hope no one gets confused :)

I don't own HP or U2 so please don't sue me. And this has mild swearing and all that so PG-13!

Enjoy! :wave:

Chapter Seven Adge's POV

I sat in Charms twiddling my thumbs. Today was our real Quidditch match against Gryffindor. Everyone was quite tense since they were the best teams. I really wanted to play against Ravenclaw though, just to kick Cho's ass. But I could wait.

"Okay, class." Professor Flitwick stood on his usual pile of books. "Let's practice the Augmenti Charm."

I rolled my eyes and then murmured the charm as spouts of water projected everywhere. This was too easy. I accidentally hit Bono in the face with some water and he grinned.

"I'm gonna get you." He couldn't get the spell to work for him, however. I just laughed.

We continued to flirt for a while until Bono had kissed me in class.

"Woah." I said looking into his blue eyes, he sat back and smiled.

"Class!" Professor Flitwick squeaked. "Okay! We're done!"

I got up and left with Bono. He was getting me to like him more and more each day. I knew he was going to ask me out soon but the problem is I wanted to date Edge alot. But what was I to do?

Wait hopelessly around for some boy who may not even have feelings for me? That would be way beyond pathetic.

I ran to my common room, we had a big match today! I was so excited! I jinxed the steps and told Larry and Adam to follow me.

"Hey, how'd you do that?" Adam asked. "Ive been trying to do that for ages!"

"Well, I know lots of advanced magic. Why do you think I'm so bored in class all the time?"

I quickly put my uniform on and then set a few charms around my room. An intruder charm, a silencing charm, and that should do it.

"Boys, I need your help." I said to them. "Look, I know you both have good hearts. And no matter how much all three of us look like bullies you know we are all on the right side."

They softened up a bit and nodded.

"We all hate Voldemort and don't want to see him come back full throttle, right?"

"Yeah." They said in unison.

"Well....what if I told you that he wants to attack Hogwarts...but there is a way to stop them from killing innocent students, would you help me?"

Larry and Adam nodded again.

I explained to them about the DA and everything that we were doing and going to do. They both seemed interested and I knew that I could trust them. After all they were two of my best mates. I liked to think I knew them pretty well.

"Okay, but promise you wont tell anyone else. You know how most Slytherins are."

"Of course." Adam said firmly. "But uh...please tell me that Cho Chang wont be there...I fucking hate her."

I laughed. "Don't we all?"

I ran down to the Qudditch Pitch with my Firebolt in one hand. Ron and Harry caught up with me.

"Hey." He blushed.

"Hi, Ron." I smiled.

"Hey, em.....now would be a good time to...." Harry said.

"Oh, right. Hey, Ron....do you mind giving Harry and I some alone time?"

"WHAT?" His face turned bright red. "Okay."

He drifted off and I turned to see if anyone was watching us. Just in case I cast a few spells.

"Okay, we're good." I said. "So, you wanna know about Sirius, I suppose."

He nodded eagerly.

"Well, he's a family friend. See, my mum and him were in Gryffindor together. They dated for a while, actually. Some days I wished that they would've gotten married....but anyway....they remained friends up until he started accusing my Da' of things. Which are all true but, my mum refused to believe it. I consider to be like a second Da' to me. I know he cares for me a lot too...I'm really grateful for him. Sirius wants me to move in with him, if it would be possible. Things are really bad for me at home, and hes worried. So he's been writing to me alot..."

"That's how he is for me too...he's the only family I have left.." Harry looked down. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Me too." I said sadly. "Most of my family....ugh....most of my family is dead or I don't talk to them. See alot of them went to the dark side with all this pure blood shit. Or they were killed in the process....I don't tell many people that."

Harry and I stopped and embraced each other.

"Well, I think we've got each other as family too." Harry smiled.

"That's a nice thing to say, Harry." I smiled. "Are you ready for the match? Because Gryffindor is going down."

Harry grinned. "Oh you bet I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They introduced the Gryffindor team and then us. We flew out with our heads held high. I went past the Gryffindor side and did a few aerial stunts. I saw Edge standing next to Amber...and I think Cho. I gave Cho the finger and then flew off with the rest of my team.

"Captain Vedder seems to be giving her team a pep talk before the match....personally I wish she would be giving me one in the bedroo----OUCH sorry professor!"

I laughed and turned to my team.

"All right. Lets go out there and kick some ass. More than before. Draco, keep your eye out for the Snitch. If you see Potter dart anywhere don't necessarily follow him. He has a tendency to pull a few fake outs. Concentrate on the Snitch NOT Potter, you got it?"

Draco nodded and saluted me. I rolled my eyes. "Oh and everyone don't let that girl Ginny out of your fecking sight. I want her hit with a few bludgers." I smirked. I got a few snickers from that and then we broke apart.

"One, two, three!" Madam Hooch released the balls in the air and we were off. Warrington threw the Quaffle to me and I chucked it to Vaisey. Ginny was at me like she really wanted to do some damage. I pushed her off and gave her a good kick. Vaisey threw it back to me. Ron was watching me as I came full throttle toward shim. I threw it in the goal post no problem. Ron winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Concentrate on the fucking match, Weasley!" I yelled.

Goyle and Crabbe laughed at him.

The Quaffle was in Gryffindor's possession now. They scored quite a few times and I was getting pissed. It seemed like Draco had been just checking me out the entire time. I flew up to him.

"We're working our arses off down there. The fucking Snitch is right by Ravenclaw's banner. Maybe I should be the fucking Seeker!"

"Okay okay I SEE IT!" He dove down with his broom and I went back to what i was doing. I rammed right into Ginny grabbed the Quaffle and scored. Just as I did so I heard over the speakers Jordan's familiar voice.

"And it looks like Potter has the Snitch!"

"FUCK! MOTHERFUCKER! BLOW ME!" I yelled. I stomped off the field, pissed as hell. We could still win the Cup, I kept telling myself. But I was so pissed.

I took my broom and didn't even bother changing out of my uniform.

"Fuck, I cant believe I missed it." Draco cursed.

"Go fuck yourself." I said. "This was our match, and you blew it."

I walked out of the locker room and off to the grounds of Hogwarts.

"Adrienne." My father loomed over me. I looked up at him and backed off.

"What are you doing here?" I sneered.

"I'm here because the Dark Lord wants more out of you. He's been recognizing your talents and he knows you're not an ordinary young witch. This is an honor."

"You've been talking about me, have you?"

"Of course. Do you think that you're not being watched wherever you are? The Dark Lord wants you. And you will not deny him." My father said softly.

I swallowed thickly. "So you come to me after a match...why cant you ever wait..." I didn't know what to say.

"The Dark Lord DOES NOT WAIT! You will meet him next week and you will do as he says. I will be waiting for you in the Forbidden Forest. If you do not meet me there, then you will wish you were never born."

He disappeared into the darkness.

Me...meet Voldemort...I had to prepare....mentally. I couldn't let him read me...otherwise I'd be dead for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gryffindors were proud and of course a bit boastful. But I didn't blame them. I wanted to throw up though, everything had come at me so quickly. And I couldn't be weak at a time like this. No. I had to be strong and prepare myself for what was to come.

I sat at the Great Hall dining table away from Draco. I was pissed at him and he was trying to make it up to me. No matter how sweet some people thought that was I didn't care.

Before Transfiguration we had a large amount of time to do whatever we wanted so I called a bunch of people together to meet in the Room of Requirement.

Amber, Bono, Edge, Harry, Ron, Adam, Larry, and I sat in a circle. I explained to them every detail of what happened last night.

"You're being...watched?" Larry said nervously.

"I know. I'm completely paranoid." I said. "But really I thought about it all last night. In Hogwarts, A History it says all the security precautions and there's no way they've heard anything important anyway.....the only place that would be safe for them is the forest. And I never go in there....okay...so anything I've done in there wouldn't have mattered anyway.. I practice some magic in there that's it and I've snogged Adam a few times in there."

Adam shrugged and grinned. "The forest turns me on!"

I rolled my eyes and shoved him.

"How can you be so calm about this?!" Amber said, scared. Harry held her and and she relaxed from his touch.

"I'm not. I have a week to close my mind...and to get ready."

"But...its dangerous what if he does read your mind..." Bono said and he brought me closer to him. Ron reddened.

"I dunno....."

"It wont happen.' Edge said very pale. "Adrienne is a fantastic witch...better than anyone here...yes better than Hermione. Hermione is book smart. Adrienne has knowledge beyond that." He turned towards me. " I know you can do this. I don't want you to though. And if there's anyway possible I want to come with you."

"There is no way." I said softly. "Edge, that's all very sweet of you..but..none of you can help me. This is my mess now. All because of my prick father. I can do this....I know I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I, along with many other students stared at the wall. There were a ton of new rules. One being Umbridge was the High Inquisitor. Oh and by the way QUDDITCH WAS BANNED! I stomped around school angry as hell. I wanted to hex that old bat. I was going to. I didn't care anymore. I wanted to just get thrown out anyway. I wasn't learning anything...I couldn't get Edge to fancy me....I had to face Voldemort...and now this!??!?

I walked outside and tried cooling off. There was smoke coming from Hagrid's chimney. I beamed. Hagrid was home!!!!!

I rushed down to the house and barged in. My mates seemed to have already gotten there. I jumped Hagrid with a hug.

"YOU'RE BACK!"

He explained to me where he was and then I sat in silence. It seemed like Voldemort was trying to get everybody and everything to join his side. Well he wasn't going to have me, that's for sure. We told Hagrid about everything. And he became angry.

"Ya cant go, Adrienne!"

"I have to Hagrid. If I don't Voldemort will find me and kill me." I said.

"There 'as to be a way. Somethin'."

"No." I shook my head. "I have to go. I can handle myself."

"No yer cant. I know yer a great witch an' all but Adrienne, he's the most powerful wizard anyone's e'er seen! He does stuff people ha' only dreamed of doin'"

"Well he hasnt met me yet." I said with an air of confidence which I hoped I could sustain.

A light snow began to fall as we left Hagrid's. It eased the tension as everyone began dancing in it. Amber and Harry seemed so happy together. I think that was the only thing that kept Harry going. Friends and her. Maybe that's why I was falling apart.

Edge nudged me. "You okay?"

"Sure." I mumbled. "I'm just a little grumpy right now." I gestured towards the couple. "I wish I had that."

Edge ran a hand down the back of neck nervously.. "Well you could...."

"Yeah? With who? Ron hasn't said a word to me about fancying me...and Bono, is he ever going to ask me out? And.....nobody else fancies me so....." I shrugged. "Maybe I should stop worrying about such daft small things and focus on what I really need to...."

We were just about inside the castle when Professor Snape was standing at the entrance waiting for us.

"Shit...we are in for it." Ron said.

"Oh..no..." Amber looked at Snape with a little interest still in here eyes.

"Let me handle this." I said.

Professor Snape didn't even look at the other his eyes came right onto me.

"Adrienne....I must inform you of this...grave news."

"What, Professor?"

"You parents were just tragically killed...at the hands of another Death Eater or the Dark Lord himself. We don't know why."

"My...my mum...she wasn't a..."

"Yes I know."

I didnt know how to react. But I cried. What else were you supposed to do? I held onto the most unlikely person, that being Professor Snape. He had a hand on my back and patted it once in a while. They were dead...my parents....they used to be good people......but they were dead now. And I was all alone. I had nobody.

Chapter Seven Amber's POV

Charms was always one of the slightly boring classes. It was nothing compared to potions, but I could go on all day about that and more importantly, Professor Snape. There were other things to think about. Like the first real Quidditch match today. It was Gryffindor versus Slytherin and we were all nervous. Especially Ron and Harry. Both for different reasons. Ron was just lousy and Harry wanted to find the snitch and win the game. The tension left both boys unnaturally quiet..

"Ok, class." Professor Flitwick stood on his usual pile of books as he addressed us. "Let's practice the Augmenti Charm."

I smiled, I'd been practicing this already. I looked around as I cast the charm and laughed at Adrienne hitting Bono in the face with some water.

"That looks like fun..." Harry flicked a few drops of water my way and grinned.

I laughed and wiped my cheek. "Heeey! Watch it, I'll get you back." We sprinkled each other a few times.

"Would you please stop fooling around and pay attention!" Hermione hissed at us. Ron rolled his eyes next to her. "I saw that, Ronald."

We all got back to our work to keep Hermione from harping on us.

"Class!" Professor Flitwick squeaked. "Okay! We're done!"

Ron heaved a sigh of relief as we left class and Harry and I grinned. Hermione was already going on about her next class and how excited she was. Wow, she really needed a boyfriend. She was so uptight about everything! I eyed Ron, wondering if he still had a thing for her or if his sights were set on Adrienne.

"What are you staring at?" Ron asked me and rubbed at his nose. "Have I got something on my face?"

"Nope, you're good. I was just thinking.."

"Uh oh." Harry teased.

I shoved him lightly. "Haha. I was thinking that Ron needs a girlfriend..."

Ron's ears reddened and Hermione looked at him sharply. "I do?"

"Yeah, you do." I nodded as we all walked through the port hole to the Gryffindor common room.

"Ron, do you fancy anyone?" Harry asked halfheartedly. His mind was obviously on the upcoming quidditch match.

"I dunno..." Ron glanced sideways at Hermione as we all took our usual chairs in front of the fire.

"Well, I think that having a girlfriend this year would only clutter up your time." Hermione said in a no nonsense voice as she dragged out some homework. "It's much more practical to be alone so you have more time to study and get your homework done."

"I guess I'm unpractical then." Harry grinned.

Hermione sighed. "Well, you do have so much on your plate right now I think it's unwise to have a girlfriend added to the mix."

"I'm right here you know." I said, amused.

She laughed. "I see you. I'm just giving you my opinion!"

"Again." Ron muttered.

"What was that, Ronald?"

"Nothing!"

Ron and Harry left for the Quidditch pitch and Bono, Hermione, Edge and I met up and started out on our own. Then Larry and Adam from Slytherin caught up to us.

"Hey...." Adam grinned at Hermione. She flushed.

"Hey, Adam..Larry." Edge smiled at them. "Excited about the game?"

"Hell yeah. We've got some money on it." Larry said and Hermione narrowed her eyes.

"You're betting on the game? Who's in charge of it?"

Larry lifted a brow. "You expect me to rat my mates out?"

"It was Fred and George." Adam said pleasantly. "They've been working everyone for days now."

Hermione huffed. "Those twins are really pushing it!"

"They're only having some fun." I said. "They need to relieve some of their tension somehow! Umbridge has been pushing us all our breaking points."

"Makes you wonder what she'll do next." Bono frowned and we all glanced at each other.. That was a scary thought.

"Hey..." Ron wandered over to us and gave Larry and Adam a narrowed look.

"Ron, what are you doing here?" Hermione said.

"Um...Harry and Adrienne wanted a moment alone." He reddened and pointed across the field. We all shaded our eyes to get a good look. Adrienne put a hand on Harry's shoulder as they talked. Then...they hugged each other. I blinked and wondered what was going on. Harry and Adrienne were just friends....right?

Bono made a noise and I turned to him, remembering that he and Adrienne had been getting really close lately. He had gone pale and muttered something under his breath that sounded like, "Fucking Potter." Uh oh.

~~~~~~~~~~~

From the stands we watched the teams being introduced and doing a couple laps around the pitch. Edge sat next to me and Cho, unfortunately, sat next to him. I gave Edge a wondering look when she asked to sit down and he shrugged a little and scooted over to make room for her. What was he doing? Did he want to sit with her!? Adrienne flew by us then and gave Cho the finger. I laughed hysterically as Cho teared up and Edge had to comport her. Oh, please.

"Captain Vedder seems to be giving her team a pep talk before the match.....personally I wish she would be giving me one in the bedroo----OUCH sorry professor!" We all laughed.

The teams flew in tight circles, the captains getting some last minute advice in. I kept my eyes on Harry and smiled when he zoomed by Ron and patted him on the back. He'd gone to the extra trouble of helping Ron practice the last couple nights and we were all hoping it helped Gryffindor win.

Bono was sitting on my other side and I leaned into him and said, "Did Adrienne promise you another snog session if Slytherin wins?"

"No...I dunno what she has planned..." He was still grumpy from seeing Adrienne and Harry hug and it showed. He had a deep frown marring his otherwise smooth and cute face as he watched the teams in the air.

I sighed. "Bono, I don't think Adrienne is interested in Harry. She's a nice person and all but he and I are together, remember?"

Bono shrugged. "So, what."

"So...Bono! You're impossible."

"You just found that out?" Hermione laughed from one row above us. Fred and George were walking through the stands collecting last minute bets and she glanced at them with distaste.

Adam snickered a little and eyed Bono with interest. "There are other girls..and blokes out there you know, Bono." He smiled sweetly. Bono grumbled and was totally oblivious to his come on...if that's what it was. I had no idea Adam swung both ways. Larry gave his fellow Slytherin a disgusted look.

"The game is starting!" Edge said excitedly and we all cut off our conversation and watched the field avidly.

Madam Hooch released the balls in the air and they were off. Warrington threw the Quaffle to Adrienne and she chucked it to Vaisey. Ginny was at her big time and looked like she wanted to hurt her. Adrienne pushed her off though. She got the Quaffle and flew towards the goal posts. Ron was staring right at her and let her score. We all groaned.

"What the fuck is Ron doing out there!?" I wailed.

"He's being a brainless git!" Hermione yelled and we all agreed.

The Quaffle was in Gryffindor's possession now. They scored quite a few times and we all cheered and were getting excited. It looked like Gryffindor might win! Harry was flying high above the team but we couldn't really see Draco.

"Come on, Harry." I whispered. If he helped them win this one it would do wonders for his spirit.

Suddenly Draco dove down with his broom looking like he had a purpose and we all tensed. Did he see the snitch? Then Adrienne rammed right into Ginny, grabbed the Quaffle and scored. We all groaned but then we heard Jordan's voice ring out.

"And it looks like Potter has the Snitch!"

"YES!!!!!!!!" I screamed, grabbed Edge and we jumped up and down together. Fred and George were busy passing out the winnings while we all ran down into the field and up to Harry. We had to fight our way past the rest of the team first. They all had to get a word in to the seeker.

"Harry, that was awesome!" Hermione said and hugged him.

His face was alight with a grin. "And for once I didn't get hurt!" We all laughed. Then Cho stepped forward and hugged him tightly.

"Way to go, Harry!" She said in that annoyingly soft voice of hers. Harry hugged her back a little but his eyes were on me.

"Thanks Cho..." He pulled away and walked up to me without even looking at her. She pouted at his back, but then Larry was next to her and she blushed and smiled. What...pff.

"Harry-" He pulled me into his arms and kissed me heatedly. We broke apart and I gasped. His green eyes sparkled at me and I grinned. "Wow, I hope Gryffindor wins every game!"

Harry laughed. "Me too! I gotta get back to the locker room and change..."

"Me too.." Ron walked up to us.

"What was your problem out there?" Bono growled at him. "It seemed like you were too busy staring at Adrienne to block the fucking goal hoops."

Ron turned red. "I wasn't staring! I just...lost my train of thought.." It was a lame excuse and we all laughed at him. What did it matter now, we'd won!

"Oi! Harry!" George and Fred walked up grinning and took turns slapping him on the back. "Nice work out there! We made a killing. And to celebrate we'll have a little something waiting for you in the common room."

With twin smirks they left and Hermione's glare followed them. As I said, she needed a boyfriend. The team left for the locker room and the rest of us started the walk back to Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gryffindor table was filled with grinning faces and we were all a little boastful. It was a great start to the Quidditch season. We sat in the Great Hall eating and chatting happily when I thought to look Adrienne's way. She was scowling at her food. And Draco was sending her the most pathetic looks I'd ever seen. Merlin, how could she resist that!?

Before Transfiguration we had a large amount of time to do whatever we wanted and Adrienne called a bunch of us to meet with her.

Her, Bono, Edge, Harry, Ron, Adam, Larry, and me sat in a circle. Then she explained to us every detail of something that had happened last night. Her Father said she was meeting with Voldemort. Harry was completely pale as he listened. He had a really good idea of what Adrienne was in for.

"You're being...watched?" Larry said nervously.

"I know. I'm completely paranoid." Adrienne said. "But really I thought about it all last night. In Hogwarts, A History it says all the security precautions and there's no way they've heard anything important anyway.....the only place that would be safe for them is the forest. And I never go in there....okay...so anything I've done in there wouldn't have mattered anyway. I practice some magic in there that's it and I've snogged Adam a few times in there." Whoa! I hadn't known about them being together. But it didn't seem to matter now..with everything.

Adge rolled my eyes and shoved him.

"How can you be so calm about this?!" I said, scared. This was really frightening. Harry held me and I relaxed against him. I felt a little foolish for freaking out when he had so much to deal with too.

"I'm not. I have a week to close my mind...and to get ready."

"But...its dangerous what if he does read you..." Bono said and he brought Adrienne closer to him. Ron reddened, I guess he was still interested in her.

"I dunno...."

"It wont happen.' Edge said very pale. "Adrienne is a fantastic witch...better than anyone here...yes better than Hermione. Hermione is book smart. Adrienne has knowledge beyond that." He turned towards her. " I know you can do this. I don't want you to though. And if there's anyway possible I want to come with you."

"There is no way." She said softly. "Edge, thats all very sweet of you..but..none of you can help me. This is my mess now. All because of my prick father. I can do this....I know I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all stared up at the horrible huge wall. There were a ton of new rules. One being Umbridge was the High Inquisitor. And the worse, Quidditch was banned. All the players stomped around school angry as hell, especially Adrienne. Harry was silent in his anger, the scariest kind for him. Ron was yelling at every opportunity. We all wanted to hex Umbridge to hell and back. We were past caring about what would happen if we did. This was too much. It seemed like we couldn't even sneeze without being given detention! And we'd have to be extra careful with the DA meetings. And oh by the way somehow Harry and Adrienne want to kill the Dark Lord! Things were just a tad stressful!

Harry, Ron, Bono and I walked outside, ranting about everything then Harry grinned suddenly and yelled. "HAGRID!" There was smoke coming out of his chimney. We all cried happily and ran for his house. We knocked loudly and a dog started barking frantically inside.

"Hagrid, it's us!" Harry called through the keyhole.

"Shoulda known!" said a gruff voice.

We all beamed at one another. We could tell Hagrid's voice was pleased. "Bin home three seconds.....out the way fang...out the way yeh dozy dog.." The bolt was drawn back, the door creaked open and Hagrid's face appeared in the gap.

Bono and I cried out in shock. Hagrid's face was all beaten and bloody!

"What happened to you?" Harry demanded, while fang danced around us all, trying to lick our faces as we walked inside.

"Nuthin." Hagrid said firmly. "Want a cuppa?"

"Come off it.." Bono said. "You're in a right state!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, I'm fine." Hagrid beamed at us but winced when it jarred his face. "Blimey, it's good ter see you all again, had good summers, did yeh?"

"Hagrid, you've been attacked!" Ron said.

"Fer the last time, it's nuthin!"

"You ought to go and see Madam Pomfrey, Hagrid." I said anxiously.

"I'm dealin' with it, all righ'?" He grabbed a raw, slightly green tinged slab of meat and slapped it onto one side of his face. We all gaped at him a little and he smiled. "It helps with the stingin', yeh know."

"So, are you going to tell us what happened?" Harry asked, frowning.

"Did the giants beat you up?" I asked quietly. "We guessed that's that where you've been..."

"It was kinda obvious." Ron said. Harry and Bono nodded.

Hagrid snorted as he eyed us. "Never known kids like you fer knowin' more'n yeh oughta."

"So, you've been looking for giants?" Harry grinned as we all sat down at the table and took the tea Hagrid offered.

Hagrid was about to explain explained to us about the giants when the door was flung open and Adrienne barged in. She jumped Hagrid with a hug.

"YOU'RE BACK!"

He explained to us about everything and we were shocked. It seemed like Voldemort was trying to get everybody and everything to join his side. We looked at Adrienne worriedly. She was going to have to face him soon. She quietly caught Hagrid up on the situation.

"Ya cant go, Adrienne!"

"I have to Hagrid. If I dont Voldemort will find me and kill me." She said.

"There 'as to be a way. Somethin'."

"No." She shook my head. "I have to go. I can handle myself."

"No yer cant. I know yer a great witch an' all but Adrienne, he's the most powerful wizard anyone's e'er seen! He does stuff people ha' only dreamed of doin'"

"Well he hasn't met me yet." She said with an air of confidence.

A light snow began to fall as we left Hagrid's. It eased the tension as everyone began dancing in it. Harry grabbed me and we twirled together and laughed as we tried to catch snow flakes on our tongues. It was times like these that kept us all going. To have loved ones who accepted you for who and what you were. There was nothing better.

Edge and Adrienne talked a little as Bono, Harry and I had a little snow ball fight. The snow was too fluffy though and wouldn't stick together long.

"Cute.." I wiped some snow off of Harry's hair and he grinned.

We were just about inside the castle when Professor Snape was standing at the entrance waiting for us.

"Shit....we are in for it." Ron said.

"Oh..no...." I said. Oh, god. Snape...I couldn't help but look at him with a little interest. It was Snape after all...

"Let me handle this." Adrienne said.

Professor Snape didn't even look at us, his eyes went right to Adrienne.

"Adrienne...I must inform you of this...grave news." We all tensed.

"What, Professor?"

"Your parents were just tragically killed....at the hands of another Death Eater or the Dark Lord himself. We don't know." What? NO!

"My...my mum...she wasn't a...."

"Yes, I know."

We all stood there kind of frozen. Adrienne looked lost. She started to cry and went to the most unlikely person, that being Professor Snape, for comfort. Harry put his arms around me as Snape put a hand on Adrienne's back and patted it once in a while. They were dead...her parents. She was all alone. Orphaned. Just like Harry.

Can I ask Adam to come with me to a walk in Amazon ? :D
Okay, a didn't say that! :crack: hehe

That's awesome! Poor Adrienne!
Keep 'em coming! :D

are you planning to continue this?
I think that story is great!:hyper: (Big harry Potter fan here:reject:)

Back
Top Bottom