Thought I'd pop in to see...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vaguely. When did you last post something? I have been toying with the idea of pulling some of fics as well. God knows when and if I will finish.

I'm new here, so that means that probably you should repost 'em or bump the threads. fic= good weekend. ;)

Not sure if you caught my message in the PGP, but YDW, is there any way I could re-read the great fics you made? Rose's Diary, Downcast, Drawers and the many others? Even when some aren't finished, they are amongst the best fics I've read sofar. I promise I won't share them online anywhere, it's just for my eyes! :sad:

:wave: YDW! Great to see you back on here! How could we forget your fics! Diary of the Downcast is still my all time favourite! I've got bits and pieces of all the fics saved, but I would love to complete them too! ;)

Aww, so good to see you :)

I'm totally not going to take responsibility for this :whistle:

:D Hi ladies. So good to see you all. Geez, it's been like forever! :reject: In fact, I can't remember when I last posted in here. And in case you're wondering (you probably ain't - you have more interesting stuff to be going on with), I asked Sicy to take down all my fiction; hence it's disappearance.

It's a great shame that I had to do that because I so enjoyed all your feedback, whether it be good or bad, (only way to learn is by criticism). I learned so much over my years with you. I guess I felt bad putting real names to fiction. Somehow, it didn't feel right, (for me anyway). So that's what happened.

I did in fact finish Diary of the Downcast (DOTD), although I tend to refer to it as The Diaries nowadays (see, I'm lazy as well as absent). I can't post it though as I'm done with that. I don't want to see it online anywhere as I still don't feel comfortable about it. It's a great shame as I so enjoyed writing for you and yet that 'responsible' side of me won out.

Still, never mind. Maybe I might be able to find something that I could write that no one would take offense to. I'd be ok with that. Anyway, bored you enough now. Hope that I'll still see you in here. You all rock. :hug:

:shocked You actually finished it??

Please, can I get the story to read it myself? I promise I won't share it or put it online whatsowever! :sad: I just want to read it myself as it was a damn amazing story!

:hug: Hope you're okay outside of the fanfic world too.

Your PM box has exceeded its limit so I couldn't PM you.

:shocked You actually finished it??

Please, can I get the story to read it myself? I promise I won't share it or put it online whatsowever! :sad: I just want to read it myself as it was a damn amazing story!

:hug: Hope you're okay outside of the fanfic world too.

Your PM box has exceeded its limit so I couldn't PM you.

Same. I attempted to pm too.

Belatedly - Woah, YDW! :hug: Good to see you. :D

Just make sure you let us know when you write anything else, cos you know we'll want to read it!

:wave: Ok, sorry I haven't been back to answer you all but I've been giving some intense consideration as to what I'm going to do with my fiction. (I have it all on my pc so we're good). Anyway, I've decided to put some of it up on another website. It's a dedicated reading/writing site and I'm hoping it'll appeal to some non U2 fans as well. :D

The first story I'll be posting will be Diary of The Downcast but it'll go by another name. Also I've changed the names. It's the only way I can write and feel comfortable with it. :reject: If anyone's interested I'll post the link when I'm ready to put the Diaries up. I'm editing it at the moment and correcting my awful grammar. :reject: but hopefully that shouldn't take too long as I'm a good way through it already.

I hope you're all doing ok and maybe see you over there from time to time. Oh and I got rid of some crap out of my message box at last so feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Ok. leavings... :D:D

I would be very interested to read your fiction! I look forward to the link. Many thanks. :wave:

Ok, I'll let you know when I start posting. Maybe I'll post the amended part one for you on here to either remind you or introduce you to the new Diaries. :D

Joshua Tree.. Joshua Tree... Joshua Tree....:drool::drool::drool:

YDW - :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: - you returned!!! :hug:

(And you're not alone. I was about 20 chapters into my own fan fic a while back when I just got to the point where I really wasn't comfortable writing imaginary scenarios about real people. I suppose I could change the names & a few details & keep writing, but the truth is I"m better at reading fan fics than I am at writing them :ohmy: .)

Hope you'll be around for a while - we've missed you. ;)

Yes, I don't even think I could change the names and have it be okay. It's easier to exist in the AU world. Honestly, even if the characters started out being modeled after members of the band, they morph and change to me.

This dilemma of fanfic about real people is really interesting. I see the ethical problems for sure and I'm not totally comfortable with it, but as a writer what I'm really interested in is the emotional experience of these particular people, so AU is not an appealing project. I'm not sure exactly how to resolve it, so right now I'm living with the tension and enjoying the writing, while wishing it could have a larger audience. Was there ever a fic writer's discussion thread?

:wave:Hi peeps. Back again. Ok, yes, I'll put Rose's Diary up on the new site once I've got the Diaries up there. I'll probably take another look at Midnight too and maybe Christine.

And I agree we should have a writers' discussion thread. Sounds like a great idea. :applaud:

I also agree that when I write I become the characters I'm writing about too, :D And although I might have a particular man in mind when I'm writing :bono: *cough*. it's not really about him but about someone I've created out of my own mind. Anyway, I'll be back with the first chapter of the Diaries and probably Rose's Diary, Midnight and Christine. After the first chapters, I'll be posting over on the new site. That way, if you like what you read here you can go over there to continue or just ignore it. :D

Laters taters, :sexywink::sexywink:

Yaaaaaay!! Can't wait to read your awesome stories, YDW. :applaud:

I've been thinking about doing something like that with my own stuff... :reject:

Back
Top Bottom