Thought I'd pop in to see...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've read in the comments is sounds interesting. I really want to read something that has gotten this much feed back. I can't wait.:hyper:

I'm ready! The suspense is killing me. I've read a lot of great things about your stories on this website so I'm really interested to take a read for myself!

:D Thank you. It's been far too long since I shared my fiction. I hope you like it. BTW, I can't remember; are we allowed swearing in here? When my characters get angry, they're given to swearing... a bit... :sexywink:... a lot... :shifty:

I've done some swearing. I think as long as you don't post gratuitous sex, anything gay between members...I think you are okay.

I've done some swearing. I think as long as you don't post gratuitous sex, anything gay between members...I think you are okay.

What is the history of slash on this site, anyway? It looks in the FF guidelines like there used to be some and isn't any now. Is there a policy of sorts? Straight sexuality is okay if it's not explicit but non explicit slash is not? Or is this just a mostly het audience? I've been trying to piece it together.

I know you're not personally a fan of slash, Grace, but I thought some of you who have been here longer might know.

There is no history on slash here because it's not allowed. :wink:

There used to be other sites for that, but U2-ff.com has been dead for years. I think nowadays most goes through a Livenation group called U2slash.

Similar to the U2fanfic one for regular fics.

:wave: The first few lines from the New Diaries methinks>>> :D

Summary first: (for those of you who haven't read it before).

Susan is an awkward, shy fifteen year old when we first meet her. She feels inadequate, ugly and very self conscious. Hidden away in some grey English village, she grows up where everyone is old, where they’re always complaining and are very rigid in their ways and beliefs.

Bullied at school, cowed by her father's violence and mother's apparent indifference she sees her life mapped out for her until one Saturday morning her life takes a totally unexpected turn.

For Rowan, aged twenty five, life also takes on a new direction. Up until now he's been on the road with three of his friends and their adoptive mother figure, Elsie, simply taking life as it comes, meeting life's interesting characters and making new friends along the way.

But then one day, he utters eighteen words to a nervous, shy fifteen year old; a fifteen year old who looks only twelve and so begins a journey of discovery and need, of gentle awakening and finally escape but there's a shadow on the horizon. A dark, ominous shadow, feeding, plotting, waiting.......

Ok, first few lines then. Oh and well, the names have been changed from the original but well, all I'm saying is that I'm a Joshua Tree Bono lover so you can draw your conclusions over who the hero is based on. :shifty:

© All rights reserved.
Author Youvedonewhat?

I am fifteen.

I don’t look fifteen; more like twelve.

I live with my parents. They had me when they were quite old. ‘A Surprise’, they said or was I ‘A Mistake’? Anyway, mother almost died in childbirth. Not that she would tell me this. Instead, I found out purely by accident; a deliberate accident by a twisted old fart who lives in my village.

I often wondered why she looked at me in that way, with her old lady beady black eyes that would be narrowed to pin pricks behind her glasses. When I walked past her she’d often fold her arms across her wizened old chest and exhale loudly, making known her dislike of me. Sometimes she’d mumble something when I was within earshot; mumbled but said loud enough for me to hear. ‘However did such a sweet girl give birth to one as ugly as you? God must have been looking the other way when you came out’.

When I was younger I didn’t realize what this meant. In my ignorance I used to smile at her but she’d just turn away and shamble back up her overgrown path and shut her front door whilst I looked on. So I never knew until later that mother had almost departed this world because of me. The crab made sure she told me in another of her muttered sentences; ‘Nearly died, she did. When you came out, she nearly died’.
:-:
My parents are very strict.

I can’t wear make up. I can’t wear nice clothes. Even my school uniform is ancient; hideous pleated skirt, white shirt and tie. ‘Yer mustn’t forget yer tie. A decent sized knot. No, not like that; do it again.’ And I have to wear white knee socks whilst all the other girls are in tights and instead of those nice shoes that the other girls wear, I have heavy black shoes with laces; great thick, flat, square things that they buy from Clarks. ‘Yer need a good, strong, well lastin’ pair o’ shoes, not them flimsy things the others wear; wi’ their fancy ‘eels an’ buckles! They’re shoes made for tarts! An’ make sure they last a whole year. Yer’ll not be gettin’ any more!’ And as an after thought when I’d hoped I’d made good my escape; fathers voice following me up the stairs; 'An’ make sure yer clean ‘em well. I want to see me face in ‘em.’ The shoes are the only things I have that are new. Everything else I have is at least second hand; someone else’s cast off; a reject. Like me.

Ok that's it. :D I'll post properly shortly.

:love: YDW :love:

I'm getting shivers reading the first couple of lines. Man, I've read this fic so many times I probably still remembered them by heart.

:ohmy::hyper:(I think that's the proper response... it not... Please you'vedonewhat can I read some more?)

Wow! That's an emotionally charged intense opener.
The shoes are the only things I have that are new. Everything else I have is at least second hand; someone else’s cast off; a reject. Like me
Those lines are a heartbreaker.

:bow:I know this story is legend here and I can now see why:bow:. I am very much looking forward to reading the rest. Thank you for posting.

:wave:
YDW soooo glad to hear from you, this is maybe the best news short of a new album!!! So glad to hear you are still writing and I can't wait to read anything you put out there, no matter the characters :applaud:

YDW, oh my gosh, how exciting that you posted. A friend just called me to tell me, so I logged on to tell you hello ... and yes, please post your wwitings (old and new) regardless of names. :applaud: Can't wait to read or re-read anything you write!!

YDW, oh my gosh, how exciting that you posted. A friend just called me to tell me, so I logged on to tell you hello ... and yes, please post your wwitings (old and new) regardless of names. :applaud: Can't wait to read or re-read anything you write!!

Skweeeeeeeeeeeeee! :wave: Hi. Been a long time hasn't it, lol. So glad to hear from you. Thanks for your kind words. :hug:

You know, I'm getting worried now. I'm afraid I'll disappoint you all...:yikes:

Still working on The Diaries. :D Back soon. :hug:

I've been writing several shorts but they're not postable here. You know where to find me, I bet. :ohmy: :shifty:

But I am working on the last chapter of Anything at All now. Anybody else?

I had an idea but I'm not sure if I should post it or not. I've kinda givin up on writing.

Back
Top Bottom