The Endless Deep Chapter 5a (4/26/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
I'm a slave for You Guys!!!

150% Made Up bunk. Fiction.

This is Chapter 5a---if you'd like 5b please PM me, or list your e-mal and I will send it too you. Yeah--its getting good. :sexywink:

Chapter 5A

A few days later, I was having lunch with Margot. My ‘other’ phone rang. It was like an alarm I was happy to hear.

“Hello?” I said

“Hi, it’s Tom.” The voice said. “Bono wants you to be in Miami with him.”

I nodded to the phone, “For how long?” I asked.

“For three days.” Tom replied “A car will be ready for you at 2 tomorrow, your tickets are for Continental flight 1349, and they’ll be at the desk. Any Questions?” He finished.

“Yes” I smiled “How’s the weather?”

“I’m sure it’s perfect.” Tom’s voice softened.

“OK, I’ll see you soon.” I said.

Margot looked up from her lunch. “Who was that?”

“Oh,” I said, being vague, “just a friend.”

“So,” She asked “can we meet later this week?”

I shook my head, “Sorry I can’t. I’m going with my Uncle to Bermuda.” I surprised myself with how good I was at lying.

“Well, I’ll see you when you get back.” She gave me a hug and left.

I told my Uncle that I was going to Miami with some friends. He was surprised by my last minute plans, but wished me a good time. I spent the evening packing and slept terribly. I kept thinking about Bono and our short time together. I wondered if what we shared was a wonderful moment that could not be repeated. I remembered he wanted to hear more of my story, and that thought made me smile. I wondered about Miami, thinking about its heat and glitter. It was a much more high profile location, crawling with paparazzi. That thought made me nervous. I assured myself that Bono’s security team probably had everything figured out. I took a deep breath, and stared at the ceiling.

The plane landed and I exited into the sunshine and humidity. It had turned colder in Chicago, and the days were getting shorter. It was still summer here. Tom greeted me in the baggage claim.

“Flight OK?” he asked as he collected my belongings.

“Yes, it was fine.” I said. He loaded the black BMW 750 with my bag. The car had heavily tinted windows. We drove for a while, cool air blowing.

“You look very nice.” He complimented.

I wore a summery maxi dress with a pretty flower print. It looked strange in the fall of Chicago, but it was perfect for the heat of Miami.

“Tom?” I asked pensively “Should we be worried about paparazzi?”

He looked at me in the rear view mirror, “Well, Miami does have more than Chicago, that’s for sure. But you’ll be in private villa, so there won’t be any intrusions. It’s a fairly secure location.”

The sedan arrived at the villa. It was a huge, lush, white Spanish style house. Tom opened the front gate and we went through an open courtyard, with a pretty tiled water fountain in the middle. He opened another door and led me through the house, towards the balcony. The anticipation was killing me. There he was, standing looking out over the glittering ocean. He was wearing black jeans and a white linen shirt. He turned around as Tom slid the door open.

I stood still for a moment. My eyes adjusted to the blazing sunlight. I went towards him. I missed him more than I had realized.

“Hey.” He said, as he embraced me, smiling broadly.

“Hi.” I said. It felt so good to be in his arms. He held me out to look at me.

“Wow, you look great. What a great dress.” He said.

“Thanks,” I blushed. “You look great too.”

He motioned to the patio table and we sat down. There was a bottle of champagne chilling. I looked at Bono and grinned,

“So, Mr. Rock Star, do you need me to open that?”

“That” he replied “I can do.” He opened the bottle smoothly and poured 2 glasses. “Maybe later I’ll make you a cosmo. A girl in Chicago taught me.” He winked at me. “A toast.” He said handing me a glass. “To sights for sore eyes!”

“Cheers.” I said as I tapped my glass to his.

Easy. That’s how it felt to be with him. I was relieved and happy. I took a sip of champagne, put on my sunglasses and put my face to the sun.

“It’s wonderful, isn’t it?” He asked looking at me. He put my legs up on his as he sat across from me.

“Yes.” I exhaled “It’s getting cold in Chicago.”

The afternoon wore on, the champagne flowed and we talked. Bono talked, in huge, excited waves. His eyes danced behind his blue sunglasses and he dropped names, large and small with ease. He was amazing to listen to. I was just going for the ride.

We finished the bottle. The sun and drink had made me very relaxed.
“Well” He said patting my legs. “Let me show you around.”

“Whoa,” I said standing up and catching my balance, “I think I might be drunk.” I giggled. He grabbed my hand, “That’s Ok, just hold onto me.” He said.

“I wasn’t planning on letting go.” I replied as I sort of fell into him. His eyes were content, and my face was close to his. I leaned in closer and kissed his neck softly. I inhaled his scent deeply and my hair fell forward, into this face. He sighed and cleared his throat.

“Come on, let’s go in. It’s too hot out here!” He laughed at his own observation.

Back
Top Bottom