So I was considering starting a story...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

secretly alone

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm pretty new here, and everyone's awesome stories have inspired me to attempt one of my own. I've had some ideas swirling in my head for a long time (like, years) but I've never written anything down. I'm on summer vacation and have a ton of time on my hands, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to start writing...and if I post it here, someone might actually read it! I hope :) Anyway, I have some concrete ideas, I guess I would explain the premise of the story if I decided to post it? Or do you usually not explain and just start writing and let people figure it out? Not entirely sure how this all works. Anybody interested in reading a new story? Or should I just, you know, back away now? :hmm:

No--be brave!

I loved writing 'The Endless Deep' and sharing it with everyone. At first I was scared, but everyone has been so nice.

I'll share with you my writing process; I basically wrote the story long hand, I had a basic outline, but as time passed and charecters developed, the plot changed during the revision--which I wrote in MS Word. I wrote up to 3 chapters ahead of what you all read...so I had time to 'live with' what I wrote and could change things if needed to be. I know that might sound time consuming...but it worked for me.

Good luck....and I'll read it!!!!

I need to come trough this summer, some fiction is always welcome

:wave: Welcome to FanFic!

PLEASE write and post when you are ready, as the girls above said...
One suggestion - let us know which U2 member is the main subject - that's important to most of us..
*coughbonocough* LOL!!

Any questions just post and you'll surely get a reply from someone ...

Best of luck to you.:up:

Thanks everyone! :hyper: I think I'm going to start tonight because I'm so excited about it. I still don't have a title...but it is about Bono :sexywink: :drool:

P.S Diane, I love your avatar, I crack up every time I see it :lol:

Thanks everyone! :hyper: I think I'm going to start tonight because I'm so excited about it. I still don't have a title...but it is about Bono :sexywink: :drool:

P.S Diane, I love your avatar, I crack up every time I see it :lol:

I hate trying to think up a title...I usually go through all 300+ U2 songs I have and try to pick an appropriate song title.

:evil: That is from Womanfish just before he starts singing it, he hiccups and his face is just hilarious.

I think you should go for it too :) I just came across a very old piece I wrote in
Dutch a few years ago, when I read it again I was like did I write this? Sometimes you just need to have the guts to write something. And when you have the inspiration inside your head waiting to come out - release it :sexywink: Good luck!

:hyper: Ok, I think I have two chapters pretty much down. I was writing it all as one chapter, but it's too freaking long, so I think I'll split it in half. Last detail...a name for it :doh:

Back
Top Bottom