Please - Chapter 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Good Lord. I have almost 200 pages. Imagine of I wrote something that could be published.

This was going to be one long chapter, but a lot was happening. I didn't want something pivotal to tossed in at the end and not have impact. So, chapter 16 might be a bit shorter.

This 100% fiction. I hope that you enjoy this. As always, I love feedback.

YouTube - Concrete Blonde - Happy Birthday

Two vans waited in front of the hotel to bring the bands to the photo shoot. The breakfast was unusually quiet as members wandered around zombie-like. Alex and Edge sat on opposite ends of the room. He stared at his plate filled with self-loathing. When he thought back to those 15 minutes, he was a mixture of guilt and lust. He never gave into impulses like that. His reckless abandon scared him. He was afraid if he looked into her angelic face, he might lose control again. He drank as much coffee as he could to clear his head. He knew they would be paired together for a photo or two. And in front of Sam. Edge shook his head. Poor Sam. He sat dutifully beside his girlfriend none the wiser to the lascivious deed of last night.

"It's a wasteland in here this morning," Faith remarked. Unlike most, she fresh and bright.

"Did you drink at all?" Bono did remember her having champagne with dinner.

"Just a few. I didn't want bags for such an important photo shoot," she sipped her coffee. Ryan and Alex looked particularly rough, she noted as she surveyed the scene. "You look pretty fresh yourself. My guess is that went straight to bed as well."

"I considered a nightcap," his mouth twisted slightly. He did pause a moment before going into his room. There was a magnet pulling towards Faith's room. Maybe one more night before he went back to Ali. One more time to enjoy her. He knew it was wrong and collapsed into his lonely bed instead.

Larry looked chagrin as he entered the room. He made a fool of himself last night and it served him right. He didn't sleep at all with the ceiling spinning over his head. He could not stop pondering what Faith would do if he went to her door. Most likely she would tell him to go away. Or maybe she'd take him in. He rubbed his temples. These notions and dreams would not fade.

The bands piled into the van. Adam, Faith and Bono chatted amiably as they zipped through the city towards a warehouse on the outskirts of town. Edge wished they'd shut up. Alex climbed in the second van with Sam, Larry and a hungover but happy Ryan. Bono and Faith joked that it was the van of the dammed, and Edge’s head split at the sound of their joyous laughter. He knew their day would come and he would give them plenty of feedback from his guitar as retaliation. The warehouse had been converted into an art studio with abstract art and sculptures adorning the walls and corners. There was a small cafe across the street which Annie considered using.

She made introductions to the young band and greeted her old friends with large hugs. Faith noticed her warmth immediately. Annie smiled a lot and used her hands while she spoke. She sat both bands in a cozy lounge to chat and take some candid photos of both bands. She noted that half of them talked while the others stared off glassy-eyed. Immediately, she ordered coffee and wine from the cafe across the way. Some needed a jolt while others need to unwind.

Alex found it impossible to relax with Sam and Edge in the same room. If she looked at Edge, she was sure her indiscretion would be broadcast on her face. Sam reached for her hand. He didn't how to bridge the widening gap between them. Some days, it felt like old times. She was affectionate and engaged. Days like today, she was a ghost to him. Alex felt Edge’s eyes watching them.

After a few glasses of wine, Faith didn't feel as nervous with the camera clicking around her. Annie took some photos of U2 first. Bono was in a giddy mood which eventually rubbed off on the other three. It made Strict Machine relax for their shoot. They had done some small photoshoots at the beginning of the tour. Nothing like this. Annie was less about posing and letting things happen naturally.

Annie broke for lunch and everyone walked across the street to the cafe. She snapped some casual photos of the two groups socializing as they lunched. Faith and Bono did most of the talking. They told the story of getting into a taxi last night and almost being dropped off at a brothel. The table laughed uproariously. All tension dissipated as they entertained the table. Annie captured the ease and commaraderie between Faith and Bono. Bono couldn’t help but smile when he cast his eyes on her. He was somewhere between proud papa and awe. They often talked over one another and finished the other’s sentences. Annie wanted to capture this on film.

After lunch, the bands were broken into pairs. Annie took Faith and Bono first working off the wine and energy from lunch. She had them pose in a ballroom dancing stance. Then she had Faith attempt to dip him to show she was taking the lead. Bono stood behind Faith and wrapped his arms around her waist resting his chin on her shoulder.

"This won't do much for the rumors," Larry commented loud enough for all to hear.

Suddenly, Faith felt inhibited and self-conscious. Bono glared at Larry. His petty jealousy was sapping the joy from her.

"I've done a few magazines with women. There is always gossip after. Don't let it get to you," Bono said.

Annie stepped forward. "I won't use anything you are not 100% comfortable with."

Faith nodded. "Okay." She sent a pointed look over her shoulder to Larry. "Let's have fun and give them something to gossip about."

Bono smiled widely. "That's my girl."

Larry seethed at Bono's title. His girl. Not if Larry could help it. As he watched Bono's hands all over Faith, he did his best to mask his glower. Bono decided to have some fun for himself and at Larry’s expense. He hammed it up for the camera - kissing her cheek, offering a rose a bended knee - all for a seemingly unimpressed Faith. She then offered the rose to him. After what seemed forever, Annie excused Faith and Bono. Adam and Sam's shoot was very quick as was Larry and Ryan’s. Both drummers were striking as they stood back to back. Unfortunately, Ryan at over 6 feet towered over Larry. Alex dreaded her turn. She prayed that Annie didn't have similar cute ideas for her and Edge. There was no need for cutesty role playing. Seeing Edge on bended knee before her could send her diving into his arms.

One of the many bodyguards brought their guitars into the room.

"I thought it made sense for you to have them," Annie explained.

For the first shot, she had them face each other as if in a guitar battle.

"Serious faces," annie called. "Like you are dueling."

Alex braced herself for having to stare into those eyes once more. After a few snaps, Edge stuck his tongue out at her to ease her mood. The color had drained for her already pale face. She looked like she might pass out. She broke into nervous laughter. Maybe together they'd get through this - whatever it was. Her shoulders eased slightly.

"Is she okay?" Bono asked Faith.

She shrugged. "She's never liked her picture being taken. It could be nerves."

"Or a bit of a head from last night?" He offered.

"Or both,"she said wistfully. Watching Alex’s eyes, Faith wasn't convinced it was either. Sam watched passively off to the side. He chatted with Larry and Paul completely oblivious.

Faith woke the morning of her 29th birthday. The sunlight streamed through the sliver of opening in her hotel black out curtains. It was early still. No one would be up from last night. She left when the drinks were still flowing and bodies still dancing. She didn't to be hungover for her birthday. She cherished each passing year as a gift from a higher power. She smiled as she reflected on the last year. Last August, she was working a double at the cafe. Strict Machine had just put the finishing touches on their second CD. This luxury hotel room with a bed as big as her bedroom in NYC was a vast improvement. With a final stretch, she hopped out of bed to meet Ryan for a morning run.

When Faith walked into the room for breakfast, B was waiting to be the first to sing to her.

"Happy birthday smelly," he gathered her sweaty body in a hug.

"You should have waited for me to shower," she smirked.

"Happy birthday," she said to Edge as he munched on a heavily buttered piece of toast.

"Happy birthday twin. Wanna switch ages?" He eyes crinkled as he smiled.

Laughing, she shook her head. "I'll take my 29 years to your 36."

"But I'm wiser. I can give you my wisdom," he offered.

She headed to the buffet. Larry turned around taking in the vision of her legs in running shorts.

“You went running this morning?” he asked.

She nodded. “I start every birthday off with a run at dawn. That’s why I left the party early last night.”

“There’s no escaping tonight,” Bono announced. “You and Edge need to be the last man standing. No stealing away, eh?”

She knew she would be in trouble later on. If there was one person that could organize a hell of a party, it was Bono.

“I guess I should take a nap,” she said.

“I guess you better,” he warned with a grin.

For the most part, Faith’s birthday went like any other show day. The did a quick soundcheck before having a small dinner with Sheila and just the four members of Strict Machine. They all knew it would be a late night ahead. It wasn’t one of their most amazing shows. The crowd was receptive, but rocking their heads off. They were there to see U2 and it was obvious tonight. Towards the end of a laborious setlist, the large LED screen illuminated behind them. Sam was the first to spin around, followed by Alex. Faith heard a roar and saw the lights reflected in the audience. Turning around, she saw a graphic of a birthday cake with ‘Happy Birthday Faith’ emblazoned hundred feet tall. She had to laugh. It could have been Bono behind it, or any of the crew members. She knew this would not be the last time she would be humiliated tonight.

Despite the lukewarm reception during their set, the crowd went wild as Faith joined Bono onstage for their duet. Faith went to break away as they sang their final ‘I love yous’ of the song, but Bono’s arms were locked. She frowned a bit, wondering exactly what he was up to. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw 2 stagehands carrying a large birthday cake out from Adam’s side of the stage.

“Today, it is our own Edge and Faith’s birthday,” Bono said to the crowd with one arm wrapped around her waist. “Can we sing to them?”

As the stadium wished them a happy birthday, Bono led Faith towards Edge so they could blow out the candles on their shared cake.

“This is not the last cake we get, you know,” Edge warned.

She nodded. “I have a feeling we’re in for a long night.”

“You don’t know the half of it,” he winked.

Larry climbed out from behind his kit to join in the birthday sing-a-long. Faith laughed as she gave them each hug before leaving the stage with a wave. She still had half the show to relax before the circus began.

Alex clung to Sam’s side at the roaring after party. Her plan was to stick by Faith since it was her good friend’s birthday, but she had been placed at the head of the table with Edge. As King and Queen of the Birthdays, they held court side by side. Faith made sure to careful with the overflowing drinks. Too much champagne led to bad choices, she said to herself. Her sides were sore from the toasts the members of both bands delivered to the birthday twins. Yet another cake was presented to them, this time with caricatures of them fashioned on top. Once the sugar soaked in, the DJ started up with a series of birthday themed songs to fill up the small dance floor.

Bono circled the bar with his eyes on Faith as she slid onto a bar stool. The bartender leaned closer and nodded at her request. He slid a tall glass of water in her direction. Biting his lip, he leaned against the bar beside her.

“Having a good birthday?” he asked.

She nodded. “I am. It’s actually one of the best I’ve had, so thank you.”

He slid his hand into the front pocket of his pants. “I’m glad.” He produced a small satin pouch. “This is for you. It’s nothing big and I didn’t want ot present it to you in front of the others.”

“You didn’t have to,” she said.

“I know. It’s a birthday present. Not a big deal,” he said.

Faith unzipped the royal blue satin pouch and slid out silver celtic cross on a chain into her hand. The design was so beautiful and intricate. “Bono, it’s beautiful.”

“I have a friend who make jewelry. He made the chain that I wear. I saw it in his studio when I was home for the funeral and thought of you,” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “I just wanted to thank you for being there for me after my dad died. It’s been blessed, not sure if you believe in that stuff.”

She smiled. “With my life being as it is, I have to believe in a higher purpose.”

He smiled shyly. He’d become more handsome to Faith in the last few weeks, but at the moment, he was just adorable as he shuffled his feet bashfully. “I thought it would be a good luck and health talisman for you.”

“It’s wonderful. One of the best gifts I’ve ever received,” she hugged him tightly. “Will you put it on for me?”

His face broke into a pleased grin. “Of course.” He moved closer.

His fingers brushed the back of her neck as he fastened the chain. It was an amazing journey that brought them to here - good friends who genuinely cared for one another. Champagne leads to stupid choices, she said in her head refusing to look in his eyes.

“It suits you perfectly. Just beautiful,” he said softly. He felt he was wading into dangerous territory. As he purchased the necklace with her in mind, he wondered if he would be stepping over a boundary they had placed between them. He knew she wanted Larry. And he was pretty sure he wanted Ali. It was hard to picture her right now as the lights gleamed off the silver chain and cross around Faith’s neck.

Larry saw this all go down from the other side of the bar. She didn’t belong with Bono, he cursed. He wasn’t about to let that happen. With large strides, he made his way to them quickly.

“You’re making us all look bad, mate,” Larry clapped Bono on the shoulder a little harder than normal.

Bono winced from the slap. “It was a small gift. I’ve never seen you wear gold, so I got silver, if that’s okay.”

She touched the cross affectionately. “It’s perfect.”

“Can I interest you in dance, birthday girl?” Larry offered his hand.

She tore her eyes from Bono to peer into the sliver pools of Larry’s. “Of course. If you can excuse me...”

Bono nodded. “Just save one for me.” He winked.

“Sure thing,” she smiled as Larry led her away.

Bono felt the stab of pure jealousy as they walked away. Larry really had no right. Ann was home pining for him in his home. After every tour, she hoped that it would finally be the moment where he would pop the big question. Every tour since the War tour. Now, he was pulling Faith into his arms. Bono was sure it was just to keep her away from him. Larry would never leave Ann. It was too comfortable. She didn’t have Faith’s fire. She was safe.

Larry glared at the cross glinting in the lights. Faith was slipping away. She seemed distracted tonight as they swayed slowly. If Larry didn’t act swiftly, she’d be gone forever. He opened his mouth to tell her how much he cared, how she affected his life.

“Hey, it’s present time,” Adam said over Larry’s shoulder.

“Now?” Larry was annoyed.

Adam shrugged. “Before people start leaving.”

“Presents?” She absentmindedly touched her cross. “More?”

“The band as a whole got you a present,” he took her hand. “C’mon.”

It wasn’t lost on Faith that Larry led her by the hand back to the table. She wondered how much he had to drink tonight. Was the tide finally turning? Bono slid a box towards her. Faith noted that he looked a little annoyed.

“This is from all of us,” he stated.

She unwrapped the brightly colored box. “Who wrapped this?” It was tied with a series of intricate bows.

“I did, of course,” Adam announced proudly.

Under the wrapping was a leather case. She glanced around at the expectant eyes suspiciously. House inside the case was a microphone encrusted with crystals.

“Those are real Swarovski crystals,” Adam added.

“A real microphone for a real rock star,” Bono announced.

“This is amazing,” her eyes searched for her band members. “Did you guys see this?”

“That’s pretty fabulous,” Ryan held it up in the light to see the sparkle.
“Does it make me too Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey?” she asked.

“Not unless you start singing shit like them,” Larry deadpanned.

“I know you don’t want ot lose your punk rock cred, but this mike with your music is a perfect marriage,” Bono nodded.

“Thanks so much!” Faith’s heart swelled with love for everyone in that room. She felt tears starting to build. She wished her father could have met these people who were now her family.

As the party raged on, Faith felt a heavy curtain of exhaustion close around her. When no one was looking, she made her escape with Sheila and Adam. She was too tired for another dance, drink or bite of cake. She didn’t see Larry as she left, but her eyes caught on Bono dancing at the center of circle of hopeful females. Unlike the Bono of the first leg on the tour, he didn’t seem to be paying attention to any of them. He might grab one to spin her around for a moment, but nothing like the dance he and Faith performed almost nightly. She smiled thinking back to his nervous shuffling as he presented the necklace to her. She had never seen him shy. She didn’t think it was possible.

Faith placed her new microphone on the dresser. Looking back on her day, it was perfect. Well, maybe a kiss from Larry would have made it perfect. She shook her head. A single Larry. The Larry of today was not available. A kiss from him just made things complicated. As she undressed for bed she decided a kiss from Bono wouldn’t be bad either. Though she wasn’t sure she’d be able to stop at just a kiss with him.

The tour steamed forward into Europe. It took a few days for Edge and Alex to feel somewhat normal around each other. He knew that night needed to be addressed. They found themselves in the underground playing with sounds before everyone arrived for soundcheck.

Alex bent over her guitar with her face wrinkled in concentration.

"Listen," he glanced around. "About that night."

Her heart stopped. She didn't want to talk about it at all. She had wrapped it up in a neat container for herself. It was special to her and she didn't need to know that it would be the last time.

"There's nothing to talk about," she said plainly. "We were drinking and things happen. Incredible things."

He fought a grin. "It was incredible." He felt an itch developing. "But it probably shouldn't happen again."

She stared into those eyes. "You're right. It probably shouldn't."

No one said it wouldn't. The door was left open for anything. Edge shoved his hands deep into the pocket of his pants to keep from reaching for her. Morleigh had talked about coming to visit in London. She needed to come. He needed a reminder of what they shared together soon. Sam was what kept him at bay lately. Edge saw Sam's adoring gaze at Alex and it cooled the heat in his belly.

As he requested, Bono accompanied Faith on a few of her hospital visits. He made certain that his visits were stealth. Not for him, but for Faith's protection. If she wasn't ready to share that part of her past with the world, he would protect it for her. Sometimes she brought a guitar and they sang. It was hard to not feel something as she made them laugh, listened to their stories and shared her own. She described being imprisoned in a room hooked up to tubes and medicine on warm summer days. She shared losing her hair and joked that was a reason it was so short now. Bono's heart filled with adoration that it broke over and over. He excused himself to slip outside the room. Pressing his back against the wall, he blinked away the tears in his eyes. He thought of a scared young Faith not having a mother to comfort her and make her feel safe. He longed to tell her that he thought she was an amazing person. These afternoons left him a bit shaken. There was an energy he received from Faith and the kids. Being that emotionally close to Faith was difficult. His heart and everything was set on Ali. She had said she might come to the Dublin shows. His phone conversations had been good as of late. Maybe he would ask her to come to Sarajevo with him. Social causes had bound them earlier in the marriage. Maybe they could find that common ground again. Yet as he left the hospital walking beside Faith who hummed a song to herself, he itched to take her hand in his. He never wanted her to feel alone again - but that wasn't his job, right?

"I'm thinking of proposing to Alex," Sam said lowly over lunch.

Faith's stomach dropped. "Really?" She rarely saw them together lately. It seemed as if he was doing whatever he could to hold on to her. Faith had seen Alex vacillate between attentive and absent with Sam. She didn't look at Sam like her eyes illuminated for Edge.

"We've together for a few years. And we've toured together the last few months without killing each other," Sam said.

"That's not a great reason to bind your life to someone, " Ryan commented.

"You think it's a bad idea?" Sam asked.

"I think on tour it might be a strange time. We still need to decide if we're going to join them in the States again. Should we do our own?" Faith wondered.

Sam shook his head. "I know you believe touring with them is the better idea. It ends in December. Then we can go out after the new year on our own. Exposure, right?"

It was true. When Sheila brought the possibility of staying on the U2 train for a few more months, she had to weigh all the pros and cons. They were heading back home with more popularity. Doing one more leg as opener could seal the deal. However, things were getting claustrophobic. She knew something was going to happen with Edge and Alex. It festered under the surface like a geiser. Larry’s resolve was stripping away more every day. He went from running away to making excuses to be near her or touch her. Then there was her good friend Bono. He had become a very good friend that she was spending a lot of time with. The night they had sex were just behind their eyes when they looked at one another. They never talked about it. Not even to hint in passing. They talked of their separate futures. His back with Ali. Hers ruling the music world.

"I'm not saying its a bad idea altogether. Just maybe while we're on tour. And just be sure, man," Ryan clapped his shoulder.

Their advice made him nervous. Did he miss something? Maybe she didn't know how much he cared. Sure, he flirted with fans. And the night in Oslo, one girl did kiss him. But it was just a few minutes. Maybe she saw and didn't tell him. All these worries swirled around him. Looking at rings couldn't hurt.

"Are you sure?" Edge sighed heavily into the phone.

"Sorry. The airports are closed. Then we go to Japan for a week," Morleigh said. "Maybe after Ireland?"

His heart sunk. Morleigh wouldn't be coming for a visit because of some typhoon. What bothered him was that she didn't seem that upset. It was business as usual for her. It had been months since they saw each other. He was trying so hard to be good, but without her it was getting very difficult. He was angry over her lack of concern. She didn't sound like she even missed him. He stewed in the car all the way to Wembley Stadium. He barely glanced at his bandmates as he stormed past them towards the stage. He knew he'd feel better once he had a guitar in his hands.

"What's with him?" Faith asked.

"Morleigh's not coming for a visit," Larry said.

Faith and Bono exchanged a worrisome glance. Faith had a bad feeling about this. Ever since Sam mentioned engagement, she held her breath. She hoped that Sam took her and Ryan's advice to heart. Could they as a band be strong enough to survive a break up?

Edge plugged in his guitar and just started playing something angry and bluesy. Annoyed with tone, he tore down the stairs to the underground. Alex stood in front of the recorder with headphones on as she swayed unaware she was no longer alone. His heart pounded against his chest so hard he was sure everyone could hear. Everything told him to go back up the stairs and cool off. His fingertips brushed her arm sending her a few inches in the air. She whirled around in surprise.

"Oh God, you startled me," she sighed. She peered closer into his tense face. "Are you okay?"

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He lunged forward attacking her lips in frustration and pent up hunger. She was knocked off balance but his strong arms wrapped around her to steady her. For a minute, she was too shocked to return his kiss. Slowly she joined him in his heat. She moved her hips against his. She had dreams about his taking her in the underground - their special place.

He pulled away. "I need to see you after the show." His voice was thick with want.

She nodded. "Where?"

"My room. Skip the after party. I need to feel you," he whispered with is voice shaking.

She closed the gap between them kissing him hard. There was no use in denying this. It was meant to be just as they were. A noise above them caused them to jump apart.

"I better go," she dropped the headphones on the stack.

He grabbed her hand. "I'll see you later."

He knew it was wrong. He did love Morleigh. But how much did she love him? Now that their relationship took work and compromise, she seemed less interested. She didn't care about joining his family. He had wanted her to spend time with the girls. Knowing they didn't like her much, she changed the subject. Now this. What was he being faithful to after all?

Faith saw a flushed Alex descend from the stage in the same direction that Edge went a few minutes ago. She tried to read her face for any clues. What was going on with them? She wanted to ask Alex, but she was afraid that the same questions would be directed towards her.

"Here it is," Sheila plopped down an armful of Q magazines on the picnic table.

As Larry predicted, Bono and Faith adorned the cover. It was the picture of him with his arms wrapped around her waist from behind. They both had smiles. His more of a sly smirk. In one hand, a red rose and the other flat against her stomach.

"Oh boy, wait till the fan girls see this," Adam joked. "You may have surpassed Christie as the most hated woman in U2 fandom."

Bono chuckled. "I don't know. Christi was topless."

"Yes, but you weren't single," Adam pointed out.

"True," he said.

Faith looked closer. "Did they airbrush my freckles out?"

"Oh yeah...no one looks as good as they do on the cover of a glossy magazine. Except maybe Larry," Bono joked. "See, they removed most of mine and softened some wrinkles. God bless them."

She laughed. "And the scar on your chin is lighter." Her cheeks warmed for a second. She remembered the moment she first noticed his scar. It was right after their lips first met. "How are the rest of pictures?" She flipped through the pages.

The feature took up most of the magazine. The article on Strict Machine was short as she had anticipated. U2 was longer and mostly about the tour. There was a photo of Faith and Bono pressed against each other on stage during their duet. One group shot of Strict Machine. A few candid photos of both groups lounging at cafe or backstage. As she flicked through, she noticed they used every photo in which she sat beside Bono. There was one of her nestled between Bono and Larry. How telling, she thought. The photo of Alex and Edge dueling guitars made a quarter page. A few more of Faith and Bono’s posed photos mixed in with a few she had never seen before. One from the Tibet concert - him talking while she looked at him intently. A few during rehearsal or backstage. The photos made it appear that they were attached at the hip.

Faith looked over at Larry's scowl as his flipped through the magazine. The table was quiet as everyone read the finished product. Bono smiled at the many photos of them together. They did look good. He swore he saw a glint in her eye. He then worried what Ali might think if she saw these. Would she assume there was something going on? He studied the pictures closely. Could people tell they had slept together? Bono felt it was written in their eyes.

Faith looked. "Oh God. He called us two halves of one whole." She winced.

Bono frowned. "Nigel said that about who?"

She motioned the air between them. "Us."

"Does he suggest something?" Larry asked. "If so we can sue."

"He doesn't come right out and say it. He does make the reader wonder though, " she sighed.

"It's implied," Paul closed the magazine. "He does focus on the music a little, but its mostly how an older band has taken a fresh band under its wing. He does speculate why Strict Machine’s success is important. He says the bond between bands,"he looked at Bono and Faith, "especially the singers is pretty strong. "

Faith rolled her eyes. "He didn't come right out and say it but danced around the issue. Should we stop doing the duet? I know it was the start of the gossip."

Bono scratched his chin as he pondered that idea. "I don’t want to cut it out. The fans enjoy it. If it makes you uncomfortable, then we won't do it anymore."

She chewed on the inside of her lip. There were worse things in the world than having rumors of her and Bono out in the cosmos. "Screw 'em. Let them wonder."

Bono smiled. "That's right. I say we give London the show they expect. "

And they did. Strict Machine hit the stage with all cylinders. The crowd had waited to them. Strict Machine album was top 10. Feeling Good was doing better than If God Sends His Angels. Faith fed off the audience. They even the words to lesser known songs that had not made it to the first album. She jumped into the crowd much to the dismay of security. One male fan grabbed her face and planted a drunken sloppy kiss on her mouth. She had no one to blame but herself. She wanted to get personal and that was fairly personal. Alex wandered the second stage with Faith. Fueled by her after show plans, there was a different swagger about her tonight. She just needed to excuse herself to Sam. Yes, she felt awful. But she was certain that she loved Edge. She didn't know how to handle the Sam situation. They were now signed on for another leg of Pop Mart. That was more time on the road in close quarters. She cleared her head. She had an amazing night ahead of her.

As U2 played, she paced backstage looking at her watch impatiently. The concert couldn’t be over fast enough for her. She waited for this moment since that night 2 weeks ago. At the after-party, she sipped a light beer. She wanted nothing to impede on her evening. She stayed clear of Sam as much as possible. When her eyes caught on him, she felt a pang of guilt. Her desire for Edge transcended right and wrong. Finally, 45 minutes into the party, she watched him slip away. Waiting 5 minutes, she followed. Her legs pumped hard as she waved her arm for a taxi. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure no one saw her leave. She considered telling Sam that she wasn’t feeling well and going back to her. It might be better if he actually thought she was still there and just lost in the crowd. When she left, he was talking with Larry as two girls tried feverishly to get their attention.

She spent the afternoon memorizing his room number. 830. 8-3-0. Eight hundred and thirty. She tossed some money at the taxi driver, she was sure it was too much. She didn’t care. Like a shot, she darted through the lobby of luxury hotel. It was quiet and no one even bothered to look up. She pressed the 8 button repeatedly to make the door close faster. Her heart was in her throat as she watched the numbers light up with each passing door. She prayed that no one else got on - especially from the tour. As the door opened, she peered into the hallway. It was desolate. She practically ran towards room 830.

“826, 828,” She muttered as moved down the hall. They were spaced far apart, they must be huge she thought. She caught her breath as she stopped in front of 830. There was a moment of panic when she thought, what if in my haste I transposed the numbers and it was 380? Hesitantly, she knocked on 830’s door and prayed that it was Edge and not someone else.

The door opened to a darkened room. His hand reached out and pulled her inside. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust the darkness. As her eyes regained focus, she saw Edge in a cowboy hat and nothing else. His clothes were discarded carelessly on the floor.

“You were quick,” he smirked. “I barely got my pants off when you knocked.”

She flung herself into his arms. “God, I’ve missed you.” She kissed him hungrily allowing her hands to wander across his naked body.

“I left the hat on for you,” he growled in her ear.

“Take it off. I just want you,” she demanded.

*The scene continues. Email or PM if you want the extended club mix version*

I'm hoping to have Chapter 16 up soon too. I have a good chunk of it done.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

she saw Edge in a cowboy hat and nothing else

I can't stop reading that sentence. :D

Please email me the extenda-awesome-mix, of course ;)

^WOS...:lol:

That was an awkward morning. I hope Edge and Alex can handle their relationship well, if it continues (which I feel like it will)

Faith and Edge's birthday on the same day? Awesome. And I'm assuming that message on the lights was like ZooTV...that's how I pictured it, anyway.

I liked reading about the article. Somehow it was really easy to envision. And it's a little relieving that Faith just goes what the hell about her and Bono being 'together in a magazine' or close, anyway.

Poor Sam...

I didn't feel very forgiving towards Larry in this chapter, though...which is odd, for me. But I just kept thinking about how pissed off Ann would be if he continued the way he's going...

oh yeah, I'd like the extra extended bits too. I hope it bypasses my spam filter this time :huh:

:ohmy: Cowboy hat and nothing else... OMG :drool:
I'll take a PM of this extended chapter when you have a minute! :hyper:

I will get the club mix out when I get home from work tonight. I usually send it myself so I can forward it on but I forgot. I was up working on chapter 16 till the wee hours.

^WOS...:lol:

That was an awkward morning. I hope Edge and Alex can handle their relationship well, if it continues (which I feel like it will)

Faith and Edge's birthday on the same day? Awesome. And I'm assuming that message on the lights was like ZooTV...that's how I pictured it, anyway.

I liked reading about the article. Somehow it was really easy to envision. And it's a little relieving that Faith just goes what the hell about her and Bono being 'together in a magazine' or close, anyway.

Poor Sam...

I didn't feel very forgiving towards Larry in this chapter, though...which is odd, for me. But I just kept thinking about how pissed off Ann would be if he continued the way he's going...

oh yeah, I'd like the extra extended bits too. I hope it bypasses my spam filter this time :huh:

It's funny how people started off not liking Bono and now that has turned a bit. Even Sam was a bit of a dick, and now people feel a little bad for him. I haven't figured out how that is all going down. I know at some point Morleigh needs to make another tour visit. Right now, I really don't know who ends up with who......

Maybe I should re-title it 'It Might Get Messy'.

And I'm hard at work on 16. I hope to have it up tomorrow, maybe.

Wow, I love it! :D Kind of cute.

Happy birthday Faith&Edge! Faith's younger than I thought...

Okay, Edge, that thing you've got with Morleigh, it's really not working out so well... I think Alex must be a really lucky girl! :p

I wish they were a real band so I can see the photos you described. :)

Thank you everyone. To those who requested the remix, it has been sent. Next chapter is coming along....after that, they might slow down a bit.

I sent via a reply again. I'll just send it a PM.

I know I described Alex and Faith earlier in the story.

Faith has short platinum hair with blue eyes and freckles while Alex has black hair cut in a bob with electric blue streaks. Her eyes eyes are hazel - her features are a little darker while Faith is very fair.

Thanks for the descrips and the PM :) I looked in my spam addresses and yours isn't in it :huh: I have no idea what the fuck Yahoo's doing.

Heyyy, Edge and Alex's eyes match :) so do Faith and Bono's!

OK. I have the sneaking suspicion that Alex isn't going to say anything to Sam (god, I'm feeling bad for him...) and I'm hugely relieved that Alex and Edge have something between them now that did not occur in the men's room :wink:

I sent via a reply again. I'll just send it a PM.

I know I described Alex and Faith earlier in the story.

Faith has short platinum hair with blue eyes and freckles while Alex has black hair cut in a bob with electric blue streaks. Her eyes eyes are hazel - her features are a little darker while Faith is very fair.
I knew what Faith looked like... that was totally not how I pictured Alex though, she's prettier than I thought. :p

Back
Top Bottom