Looking for old fanfiction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memorymotel

Babyface
Looking for two old stories that I loved ever so much.. Circa maybe 2007?

The first one - which I can still remember the main character's name - Cara - was set in Dublin. She first falls in love with Bono, followed by Adam, and ends up with Bono eventually. Many chapters - so hauntingly beautiful!

The second one - all I remember is the ending. I believe the story was about an affair of some sorts. The last scene is Bono scattering the ashes of the woman he had the affair with - and ultimately fell in love with. Again, such a hauntingly beautiful story!

Thanks for any help!

The only fan fiction I could find with Cara and Bono was Love Rescue Me, but the story line was different than what you mentioned.

dianepm said:
I can't help you with the first one, but the second one was by Effanbee and was called Learning to Fly. The ending you're thinking of is the sequel Free Falling. I've read them several times and they still make me tear up.

Is that the one set in Australia? For some reason I thought it was Gluey that wrote that.

Looking for two old stories that I loved ever so much.. Circa maybe 2007?

The first one - which I can still remember the main character's name - Cara - was set in Dublin. She first falls in love with Bono, followed by Adam, and ends up with Bono eventually. Many chapters - so hauntingly beautiful!

The second one - all I remember is the ending. I believe the story was about an affair of some sorts. The last scene is Bono scattering the ashes of the woman he had the affair with - and ultimately fell in love with. Again, such a hauntingly beautiful story!

Thanks for any help!

I don't know if you're still looking for the first one, but I know exactly which one you mean. Sadly, I've only been able to recover the first few chapters in the Way Back Machine. :( I haven't read this one in years and hoped to find it when I heard of the WBM. At least you now know what it was called, Winds and Tides.

U2 Fanfiction :: When wild thoughts escape..

Back
Top Bottom