Looking for a Fanfic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathou_u2

Refugee
Hi!

Few years ago, I remember reading a story about JT era U2 meeting a young girl who was physically abused by her dad. I think the girl ran away with them, they had caravans or something... The rest is history, she fell for the frontman:drool:

Pretty please, does anyone recognize what I'm talking about, and if so, could you give me the title, as I'd looove to read it again. It being my first U2 fanfic & all!:heart:

I know the one you're talking about; it was Diaries (of the Downcast, I think? I always just remember it as Diaries, sorry!), written by You'veDoneWhat, who I think took down her fan fics from this site. It was up on another fanfic site, U2-fanfiction.com, but that seems to be gone too. :(

Here's the thread from 2008; you may have some luck with e-mail or pm.

...that'd be me then..:D

*squeee* Hi!:wave:

Well, I don't know if your story is still available online, if so, pretty please could you direct me to it?!

Otherwise, if it isn't too much to ask (which it might be:uhoh:) could you please send it to me by email?!! :cute::hug:

OMG this story IS the reason why I got into u2 fanfic which is a pretty big deal for me considering at first I had issues, them being REAL people and all that, but aww well, I'm over that when it's all done in good faith!:heart:

I'd LOVE to reread your amazing story!! :applaud:

Last edited by a moderator:
Diary Of the Downcast!...I miss that story, I loved it! Hi YDW! :wave: We miss you here. I had printed almost all the chapters...just for me so I can go back and re-read them, but I never got to print out chapters 49-the last chapter..Love and Logic, is there a way you could send them to me? If you have them. I would really love to have them.

Perhaps uploading your whole story unto a filesharing link and then only sending us the link would be easier than uploading & sending each & every chapter, individually?!! :hug:

sure I can forward it to anyone who wants it. and it's not chapter by chapter-it's a full document. that is, if it's ok with YDW considering it is her story. She might actually have it.

Speaking of Diaries, you do understand, YDW, that Diaries is the ultimate, most read, most talked about FF of U2 FFiction of history, right? I couldn't stop reading it and I cried and laughed and loved! It seriously one of the top U2FF I ever read! I actually bow to you!

sure I can forward it to anyone who wants it. and it's not chapter by chapter-it's a full document. that is, if it's ok with YDW considering it is her story. She might actually have it.

Speaking of Diaries, you do understand, YDW, that Diaries is the ultimate, most read, most talked about FF of U2 FFiction of history, right? I couldn't stop reading it and I cried and laughed and loved! It seriously one of the top U2FF I ever read! I actually bow to you!

Hi love! :hug: could you please forward it to me?

philly80@hotmail.com

Thankyou! :heart:

OMG thank you!!!:heart::hug:

And to our lovely author, youvedonewhat, I'm already swoooooning all over the place!! :drool::heart::heart::heart:

It's like the Holy Grail of U2FF:lol:

I second this. I think every single person who read it could identify with it somehow and be touched by it.

Anyhow, YDW, if you're totally fine with forwarding it to us, add me to the list. :hyper: I only have the first 50 chapters. My email is noelleheartguitar@hotmail.com if you need it.

Oh, as for everyone else, if you want the document, let's first get the OK from YDW and if she says it's ok, then I will send it off. But I'll need an email. I can't send it through the PM on this site because it's a large document. I don't feel right just sending off someone else's work of art. :wink:

:wave: Hi girls. Ok, I had my reasons a couple of years ago for taking down my fiction and therefore would prefer it if you didn't forward any of it on. I appreciate that you liked the Diaries and I thank you for your support and feedback but I really don't want it resurrecting again. It was great while it lasted but it's done now. I hope that you'll honour my request. Thank you again and I hope you enjoy the fine writers that you have on this forum. :hug:

That's fine, YDW. That's why I was making sure to get your ok/non-ok before sending it out. I completely understand why you took down your stories. It is a little...odd to write about real people with real lives. I think about it every time I write something.

I will 100% respect your wishes. Sorry girls but I can't do that to a fellow writer. I hope everyone can respect that and I mean it with the up most respect and generosity.

In the meantime, as YDW has mentioned, enjoy all the new goodness being published! :D There's lots of goodies on the way for everyone! :grouphug:

I have LOVED YDW's stories for many years and think she's an ace writer. I'm so glad that people are respecting her wishes and not sending her stories along without her consent. I think that shows great respect and integrity among the writers and readers here in the fanfic community. :)

And YDW, though we do miss your fics, :sad: this is for you in honor of "Diaries" and all the JTree goodness it gave us. :hug:

JTsexy.gif

I have LOVED YDW's stories for many years and think she's an ace writer. I'm so glad that people are respecting her wishes and not sending her stories along without her consent. I think that shows great respect and integrity among the writers and readers here in the fanfic community. :)

And YDW, though we do miss your fics, :sad: this is for you in honor of "Diaries" and all the JTree goodness it gave us. :hug:

JTsexy.gif

:wave: Hi Mots. Thanks for this and thanks for that delicious 'gifft' of the purrfect JT Bono....*sighs*.. such a hawt boy, lol. :hug::hug::D

Back
Top Bottom