Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dettersree

The Fly
So this is Really running to stand still. But I changed it to lemon. Also this is fiction.

Another day in a place that I have a love hate relation ship with. A job I love but a house that haunts me. Okay I can't say I hate Dublin but when your STEP father drags you out here here at the age of 5 and you have an American accent your doomed. I'm 22 now the scars and reminders of the past still haunt me. Of course they do. They a hate me now. My ex friends from mount temple and my now worthless Life. I decide to turn on the radio. Like I always do everyday but today is different. It was a voice that is very familiar to me. A voice that once helped the pain but now doesn't. Paul Hewson A.K.A my 'brother' and is in a band with my almost high school sweet heart and childhood friends. It all started when my mum and his mum became friends. Iris was a wonderful woman espically when my mum and step dad had passed away. They were all there for me. I was about 10 when it happened. I realised I was loved by this point. When I had turned tweelve it was decided I would go to mount temple. I'm a year younger then Bono. I found it rather weird he kept questioning me about my best friend Ali. Who found him to be an 'eejit' along with 'stalker'. Until his mother iris had passed away then then she took over a Bonos girlfriend and keeper as many people know. but what they don't know was that B turned out to have a crush on me. I helped out with the band and lyrics I showed up at the first band practice. I was there first groupie and there favorite. Adam helped me with bass and the Edge had helped with my guitar skills in trade of him using my guitar. I was so in deep of a thought I almost missed what Bono said which was part of the thing that got me out of thought.
"Yes the rumors are true. me And Alison are no longer. I think she may be staying with with her family. I was thinking of staying with a childhood friend of mine Who is know a photographer. I think still lives near our child hood home. Very sweet girl she at one point was the love of my life but I realised that she was to good for me. ya never know though I may have been wrong. How about I give 'er a ring?"
"That sounds like a plan." Just then my phone started to ring.
"Hello?"
"Ah Detters it's Paul. Remember child hood friends and your 'brother' You were were there when when I joined a band… well you're the reason I joined the band in the first place."
"Yes Paul I do remember you. I heard what happened between you and Ali is there anything you need? Ya know my door is always open. You know I live in killeney now though and I'm planning on visiting Papa Hewson."
"So that means I'll be sewing you soon anyways I've got to go.
"Okay see you then."
•••••••••••••••••••
"Its so good to be back in my natural surroundings again you know? I've been so stressed out I almost forgot what it feels like to be home." I said to papa Hewson who had been my papa for as long as I can remember.
"Well Destiny Marie you're always welcome in the hewson household." Just then Edge, Larry and Adam came in a couple minutes later he was here.
"Paul.''
"Hello Destiny. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun two weeks. That your here."
"What kind of person would I be if it wasn't? How long are you in Dublin since I do know you're recording a new album."
"Ah so you did hear. But not all of it we are recording it here. Be closer to home, Dee.
"Yay so my 'brother' will be home for once? Or will you be running off to new York at some point."
"Don't worry Detts we'll keep him here." Interjected the Edge.
"Thank you edge.I appreciate that how's the girls?"
"Oh-u"
"Dinner!!"yelled Norman who was a chef and a very good one at that. I guess cooking for me and Paul paid off anyways.
••••••••••••••••••• half way though dinner.
"Well I'm finished and off to bed." Said papa Hewson
"Okay night daddy."
"Good night Destiny. feel free to get me if the boys bug you to much. Be have your selfs boys."
"We will pops. We have Dave with us remember." Said bono a couple more goodnights and the coast is clear.
"So daddy's little girl. What do you think we should do tonight?" Asked Norm
"What I don't get to choose?"
"You always choose something lame. Dee's more fun then you."
"Knock it off boys before you wake dad up capish... I say party in the basement. I'll get the booze momentous get the food Paul Edge Adam and Larry set up the basement. Be ready in a hour."
"Got it." They all said at once. When I got back I found them in the basement.. With my old diary reading it aloud no less.
"Dear diary, I have a crush in two of Paul's band mates... one of them has a blonde afro and is a complete bad boy named Adam. He acknowledges me in the hall way. especially when some one was picking on me. because both of my parents have died. But the other is a super hot droomer named Lawrence Lawrencebut he goes by Larry. I have three classes with him. I don't even think he even knows I exist even when band practice is at my house or if I tag along with Paul. I think he has a girlfriend though one of a semi good friends of mine Anne. I at least know she has a crush on him."
"Wow Dee. So ME and Adam are the hot ones. Hmm and you don't think I knew you existed? Oh baby girl I know and knew you existed the first day you showed up in history class. did you know I was going to ask you out until I first met Paul and Adam? It seemed every guy wanted to date you. I remember at one of the meetings that you and B were late to ads, edge and I were talking about you and it seemed we all were in love with you. Well I can't say we're cus I still know that we all still love hi or at least I do."
" I second that. You know I tried to ask you out once. But I chickened out UN like the bad boy you thought I was. ."
"Are. You are a bad boy and you know I probably would have said yes to both of you even though Paul may have killed me. I mean a SUPER hot drummer or bad boy-bassist asks you out what are you going to do? Say no."
"Yes." Paul and Norm said at the same time.
"So since you know who I liked who did you guys like."
"I've said mine already." Said Adam and Larry.
"That leaves Paul and Dave."
"They've already said it I mean you excelled in everything music ,art,science physics and biology English Irish and it you probably excelled in it."
"So Bono, that leaves you and we already know the awser unless you had a crush on your step sister. Which would be weird."
"Yeah you said it there sis. Wait did you call me bono?"
"Yes this one time I mean yeah I was there when you got the nickname. Along when you told dad you were taking me shopping when we were really going to my crushes house. To join a band. Your lucky I love you. You know that right?"
Yes and in lucky to have such a awesom step sister. But know we need your help little sis."
"With what? The Last time I helped you it involved the fire department and me almost dieing."
"Don't worry it's just music."
Paul David Hewson that's what you said about the fire works."
"He's not lying, besides you have the super hot drummer to help you." Of course Larry said that.
"Fine. What part of the musical processes are you on?"
"Lyrics. Note this was wrote with Ali and partly for Ali.
All is quiet on New Year's Day
A world in white gets underway
I want to be with you
Be with you night and day
Nothing changes on New Year's Day
On New Year's Day

I will be with you again
I will be with you again

Under a blood red sky
A crowd has gathered in black and white
Arms entwined, the chosen few
The newspapers says, says
Say it's true it's true...
And we can break through
Though torn in two
We can be one

I...I will begin again
I...I will begin again
Oh...
Maybe the time is right
Oh...maybe tonight...

I will be with you again
I will be with you again

And so we're told this is the golden age
And gold is the reason for the wars we wage
Though I want to be with you
Be with you night and day
Nothing changes
On New Year's Day
On New Year's Day
So?"
"I like it it's very subtle love song wise. Did you hear about the polish movement? You could say it is about that."
"Hah she got it in the first try."
"Told ya she was smart."
"She knows us and puts up with us a lot. What do you suspect especially because she lived with bono for so long."
"Not nice lardence. So what's the sleeping arrangement."
"I'm willing to give up my room." I said
"Ha I'll let that happen when pigs fly there Dee." Ah Adam always as sweet as can be.
"Then I'll share. Lord knows any of you want to sleep with Paul. Trust me once when we were kids we had to share a tent... I ended up with a sprained ankle."
"It was an accident."
"So a blood thirsty spider. That was smaller then my pinkie nail tried to eat you and you made a concoction to kill it and sprain my ankle at the same time?"
"Knock it off you two."
"Fine."
"So who wants to bunk with me." I asked.
"I will I am the oldest and most mature."
"Haha, very funny Adam. If its female and has two legs your most likely humping it. Why not me with my my bad boy drummerness."
"Umm non of you are sleeping with my sister I am."
"Bono do you know how wrong that sounded???"
"Yes."
"I got it how about me?" I looks at edge like a crazy person.
"Dave. Your married Id feel terrible if Asilinn thought that something was going on."
"True."
"And its all going back to me because sleeping with your brother's is weird."
"Fine but if something happens so help me God Adam Charles Clayton. I will make it my own personal duty to kill you." We bed was fun. I ended up waking up cuddled next to Adam who I might add sleeps nude.
"Mornin' sunshine."
"Shut up Paul. Norm What's for breakfast?"
"Your favorite. An egg sandwich on a bisque with bacon a bit of hash browns and topped off with ketchup and cheese."
"Cool, so Paul what are we doing today?."
"I was Tod to shut up remember?"
"Well I'm UN shutting up you. So what are we doing?"
"We have to stop by the studio. Then edge wanted to go to the music shop. Would our original groupie like to come?"
"Sure. What are you doing In the studio?"
"You'll see."
"Mornin Dave and Larry how'd you sleep?"
"Terribly"wow was Larry grumpy But yet very sexy.
"Like I rock."
"I'll trade ya bunk buddies... as long as yours doesn't sleep nude."
"Hey! Not everyone needed to know that."
"Yes but I've seen to much of Adam Clayton for comfort."
"I'm willing to trade. As long as you don't snore as bad as edge."
"Haha Detters snore? Once when she first came to live with us I thought she was dead."
"That is a true story. He called the fire department and everything."
"Then they called dad and you got me in trouble." Said Avery disgruntled Norman.
"But dad was freaking out when I called him. Along with mum."
"I have a question why don't you call Paul bono?"
"I've been used to calling him Paul. I mean I can him Bono when I need his attention."
"That is true. Plus Detters got her nickname from me well much-needed me Deters means. You are strong in material matters, determined and stubborn. You have good business ability. You are a good worker, steady and practical, a builder who takes responsibility well. These qualities may bring you a position of authority and power. You are a doer, down-to-earth, serious-minded, reliable, and self-disciplined; have good power of concentration. You have an eventful, exciting life. You are versatile and have the ability to learn easily, but may be nervous and temperamental. In critical situation you can become nervous, and it may interfere with your sound judgment. In critical situation you can become nervous, and it may interfere with judgment. You want to look decent, but it is easier for you to escape the situation and disappear than take a lead.
Position and social status is very important for you and you are always looking for way to improve your position in society. You have power and ability to chose your own destiny and achieve anything you want in life. You can expand in any direction according to your will and the set of values. You have passion for justice and belong to the position of authority. You have an inherent courage and endurance to accomplish "The Impossible Dream". With the power comes responsibility. You hold keys to the material world, but with this gift comes high spiritual responsibility to be fair and true to others. You are philosophical and mature, determined and intense with a desire to endure, often religious.
Just I made a bit of an adaptation. "
"Which is very very true. Kinda like how your were Steinvic von Huyseman or followed by Houseman, Bon Murray,Bono Vox of O'Connell Street. I wouldn't count those as much of a nickname. Now Adam doesn't have a nickname. Edge has a nickname because of his chin and Larry is a shortened version of Lawrence."
"And yours is Detters."
"Yea yea I know."
"Its 10 we need to head out to the studio."said Edge always punctual.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So after a long day at the recording studio. We all went to bed mainly because it was 3 am in the morning. I ended up sleeping with Larry(not in THAT way. You filthy minded creatures.) The next few days would be rather boring minus the fact Ali and Paul got back together. at least the wedding is still on Well back on. Then after that the two weeks were up and back to my boring life. People expect me to be more exited mainly because I'm THE Paul David Hewson' sister… yeah no. I'll stay with my photography job. well minus the fact I have to take more pictures of Peter in a few months. Also attended a rock stars wedding. But the rock star is my brother I love him. He helped with the bad when I wanted to die. because my parents died. *Ring* *Ring* dam people stop calling when I'm thinking.
"Hello?"
Destiny? Is that you?" It was Adam.
"Yes it is. Hello Mr.Clayton. can I help you??"
"Yes. I need help with finding a good tux and dress for my date. What's your adress?"
"Ummm I'll just meet you at your house. Give me like an hour and a half."
"Okay."
urgh Clayton good thing I need a dress. Also my brother gave me 10,000 for a dress, shoes and accessories along with a bribe to wear all of those things.
Now to driver rathfernham. I walk out to my car and then on the radio guess who's playing??
yep you got it my brothers band U²
I pull in to Adams drive. To see his car, edges car Larry's and his girlfriend's car In the car park. Funny how I remember who's car(and motorcycle) Is who's. I knock on the door to hear a muffled come in.
"Hello Dee."
"Hello Mich."
"Just the girl we need." Said Adam well no duh Sherlock.
After about an hour of talking we head to the dress shop. Start to browse well the boys of course complain. After about 10 or so dresses I see this yellow one. Like a lemon yellow not a mustard yellow. It was a 1950's 50s Strapless Bombshell Layered Lemon Yellow Tulle Lace Lace knee lenghth. I was on love with it at first sight. It was the dress wore a few weeks later. When doing something most grooms dont do and that's have there sister walk with them down the aisle.

Back
Top Bottom