Everything You Know Is Wrong - Prologue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithoutSpeaking

Acrobat
New fic... new writer. I wanted a much longer chapter to start but I am writing all over right now, I have some later chapters completed already but I wanted to give you something to know I'm still out there working on this..

The story is set in the AB/ZooTV era but has lots of flashbacky-goodness throughout. It starts as a Bono fic, but it's really an Edge fic.

Definitely a bit AU, there is no Ali in the story but it is set during the breakup of Edge's marriage.

Ahem.... here we go. *gulp* My first U2 fic. Hope you enjoy.

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG - Prologue

Sometimes, Bono was insufferable.

“Why not?” he pleaded as he blew smoke out of the side of his upturned mouth, just over my shoulder into the wall behind me.

“Because I’ve been running on 2 hours of sleep every day for a week. I need to relax tonight, Bono. I can’t do this every night.”

He stepped back and stared so deeply into me I could feel it in the back of my head.

“All right. All right”.

And on his heel, walked away.

It was like this now. More often than not. I could feel him slipping away, dripping out of my fingers like candle wax. Gone.

All I had known was Bono. For this many years it was Bono. I loved him unequivocally. I rarely dwelled on his faults and celebrated his victories. I loved him like no other, but I felt him slipping nonetheless.

We met at Mount Temple. I didn’t fancy him. At first.

“Ciara, why don’t you just say yes?”

This unrelenting boy who chased me for 6 straight months. The strange boy who called himself Bono Vox Of O'Connell St. The beautiful boy who could have most any girl in the form but wanted exactly none of them all the same.

“OK Bono. I’ll go. I’ll go and see your band.”

The Dandelion Market. Where I’d spend my weekends that summer and into autumn watching him and three friends on a tiny stage with aspirations of becoming something.

Chapter 1 is done, just waiting on a beta - should have it up by next year!

That's EARLY next year, trust me :)

I have to say that this and LandL's fic Adrift is what got me to writing my own. I am on the LJ Journal and have finally started reading LH.

I have to say that this and LandL's fic Adrift is what got me to writing my own. I am on the LJ Journal and have finally started reading LH.

Wonderful, Grace! I am going to begin reading MW properly today - appreciate the feedback here :)

Love this one... Please keep writing :hyper:

Oh, and I am new on the forum. So hi :wave:. But I don't think you will see me alot though.. I enjoy reading what others write mostly.

Back
Top Bottom