All that you can can't leave behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dettersree

The Fly
Pure (except for bands and songs) fiction also my last and final attempt at a fan fiction. Enjoy!

It's been a year since the day she decided to leave. My God do I miss her, I wish I could hold her. I wish she would have stayed and forgave me. She moved away. I don't know where just somewhere that was away from Bono, Adam, Edge and Me. She gave the house to Emily and Michelle I still talk to them when I see them though but that's very rare. Apparently B still see's her along with the rest of the band, they love to talk about her and her songs. According to fans I've been more depressing then I normally am. They also always seem to ask where Destiny is. I wish I could answer that myself but a last I can't. The tour's over after that day it couldn't end fast enough. But ever since that day all I think about is Destiny. Destiny a girl who was once the love of my life. She loved all sorts of music The Beatles, golden state P!nk, Elvis (both Presley and Costello) almost all 80's music, golden state, the last shadow puppets and of course u². Her favorite songs where my mistakes were made for you and all roads lead home, but apparently both songs where wrong. All roads don't lead home and apparently my mistakes weren't made for you. If that where true you'd be here then. Here in my arms listening to Elvis Presley or The Beatles with me.

"Dee... Dee wake up."
"Mommy? Is Auntie Dee dead?"
"No Mich now go and play okay."
"Okay mommy."
"Destiny Marie! Wake the hell up now!!!"
"Ugh okay mother but there's no use. It's not like I have anything or anyone important to wake up to anyways. Besides you and Michelley anyways where is she??" I have always wondered why I don't go to bed late now I remember.
"Down stairs waiting for you to get your lazy but up."
"Cheese I love you to Emily. Besides I thought you weren't coming over till 4:30 so we could eat before my gig?"
"Look at the time you eejit."
The clock said 4:50pm dam it I thought.
"You have 5 minutes. On you're make get set go"
In which that time I had put on a black t-shirt, dark jeans, put may hair in a bun and put a pair of black combats on my feet. Grabbed my bass and we where on are way to the gig which was only 5 minutes away, we came to the conclusion of eating afterwords.

About the end of the set 4 men walk in. It was my turn to sing 5 songs, it was also about that time when I had figured out who they were U² A.K.A my ex-boyfriends band. The first song I was covering was dedicated to me missing him. What am I supposed to do? I thought I can't just change set the band will kill me. Screw it. I had gave my speech about how we broke up with out saying it was Larry or any mention of the band but he New it was him all along. But during the end of the song I noticed Morleigh Edges wife, Bono' s wife Ali, Adam's girlfriend Claire and a mystery woman who sat next to Larry and got a bit to friendly with him. I was devastated but I had to continue on.
"This next song is for Michelle. Michelle would you like to come up?" After some thought she finally said.
"Yes Auntie Dee" everyone had awwed at that. Once the awwing had ended I continued on.
" These next songs shall be Michelle by The Beatles and miracle drug by U². They go out to Michelle because she has a really rare form of AB leukemia a blood cancer. I'd give up anything for her. She is the strongest 3 year old I know she has also fought off a brain tumor. Also her being my niece she is ma belle."
Once those songs where complete I sang my two favorite songs all roads lead home and my mistakes were made for you. Then the gig was done and I was talking to Em.
"OMFG guess who showed up in the middle of the first song??"
"Who?? I didn't notice anyone." And at that we has all four members of u2 at our table girlfriends and wives included. Everyone talking at once. Everyone except Larry that is.
"Guys!!! Guys!!!! One at a time."
" you were amazing" Adam, Bono and edge all said at once. Larry looked like a helpless puppy in the pound.
" Destiny you don't mind us joining you for dinner at your table do you??" Morleigh asked
"Not at all the more the marier right?"
"Of course. By the way this is Samantha she-"
"I go by Sam though. I'm Larry's new girlfriend." I think my face may have redend a little. I know Larry's did.
"Well we just m-met tonite though this is our f-first date actually." Larry said
“well we have two people responsible for this and That would be Ali and Claire."
The waiter came at the perfect timing along with the rest of the band.
"Uncle Edgie did you like auntie Dee's show" thank God for three year old's.
"Yes I did. I especially love the u² and the Beatles cover, what about you??"
"That part was good but I liked the first song the bestest." Who knew by pink I had sang it for Larry not knowing he was going to be here.
"What about you uncle Larry Barry? what was you're favorite song for I
auntie to play?" I still loved Michs nickname for Larry.
"I like all roads lead home myself and the other song what was it?? Ah yes my mistakes were made for you."
"Thank you Larry, by the way how have you been?“ because I've been terrible because of you.

So far what I read is good, I think that you took the advices given to you in no line on the horizon, so this one has a better start. Let's see how this story develops because it is interesting.

Thank you, I think I might start on the next chapter now. I have some more ideas and no line on the horizon was just horrific compared to this. I mean I found some mistakes but not quit as many. I'm surprised after no line you even read it.

Any ideas for the next chapter?? Like anymore background info that you want to hear??

Chapter two .5 is up. I decided that it was to short so I'm starting part two of chapter number two now.

Thank you, I think I might start on the next chapter now. I have some more ideas and no line on the horizon was just horrific compared to this. I mean I found some mistakes but not quit as many. I'm surprised after no line you even read it.

Don't be so harsh with yourself, you just had a rough start

Back
Top Bottom