U2 Vertigo Tour: All The Info We Can Find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:HELLO,HELLO,A MUST READ FOR ALL U2 FAN'S ON PLANET EARTH.GO TO THE WEB SITE U2TOURS.COM AND READ ARTICLE TITLED"ROBO SCALPER'S" THIS WILL ENLIGHTEN YOU TO HOW THE TICKET SALE'S GET SO MESSED UP.PEACE THE ROCKMEISTER

Hey LemonIsNumb (from 24/01) Im in Adelaide too and cant find any info on ANY Australian dates! I too need to find out so I can book a flight to Melbored or Sydley........

Anyone know anything?????? :huh:

oneflick said:
Hey LemonIsNumb (from 24/01) Im in Adelaide too and cant find any info on ANY Australian dates! I too need to find out so I can book a flight to Melbored or Sydley........

Anyone know anything?????? :huh:

There are no official Australian dates at this time but if the band played Australia, it would probably be in 2006 since the third leg in North America runs through mid-December.

Just saw u2 on Good Morning America from Bono's Birthday night in Chicago...It was amazing-my parrot couldnt stop singing!! If you were unable to see the interview and 3 songs from concert, try to get a copy, its well worth it..They alsways leave me wanting for more.....but it's the "sweetest thing and a very beautiful day. They played for GMA segment:Vertigo, Beautiful Day, and Sometimes. Sometimes had far more impact today than at the show-so I guess tv has it's good points..Stay true

does anyone know if U2 are going to add more dates in Europe this year, especially in England, couldn't make any of the original dates.

thats a shame. I find that quite annoying really, 4 shows in England, population nearly 50,000,000, God knows how many shows in America, 70+, population 300,000,000, figures don't really add up there do they, or is it just me

HELP CUEING FOR BARCELONA !!

Hi there, with pitch standing tickets how long should I get there to get a good view up close ? hrs before ?

HELP !

dsmith2904 said:

According to quotes coming from the band's camp in May, there will be no more European shows added. Read more here.

Not this year anyway next year definately, after Australia.

jimmmm said:
thats a shame. I find that quite annoying really, 4 shows in England, population nearly 50,000,000, God knows how many shows in America, 70+, population 300,000,000, figures don't really add up there do they, or is it just me

We wouldnt complain if we lived in the USA!! I agree its very annoying!!

:madspit:

But dont panice just yet they may very well be plating at a stadium near you next June!!!!:wink:

That's all I am saying!!:wink:

IMO, I think the band is witholding any annoucements on Oz/NZ until the last minute, Dec or January. Possibly, they may not announce until the week before tix are going on sale. They may not even want to announce there will be a tour there, let alone tix sales dates, because they do not want any potential cyber or other scalpers to have time to build up a scalping network. The dates were announced weeks ahead of time in NA so the touts had alot of time to plan strategy. I think you folks should just start assuming there will be a tour, and save up.

I know this is an unfortunate way to do things, people may not have time to budget, etc, but I really think there is no other choice. It's a possible sudden announcement, or nothing at all. You can't even give hints. I think Paul McG does not want to do do this, he;d rather announce, but if I were him, I'd keep it hush-hush until the last minute too.

If this seems unfair to you guys (the silence and mystery), I'd rather have it that way, to have you folks save up JUST IN CASE, and come out with more tix going to the people that rightfully should have them, than having a repeat of what happened in NA and Europe.

If this sounds harsh, you may thank the band later on. You have to live in Europe or NA to really appreciate the frustration and anger and awful experiences we had here with tix. Anything, to get the tix into fans' hands.

Last edited:
Hey! We got very little notice of ticket sales and tour dates here in the states. Same happened with European shows. Why should it be any different for Oz/NZ or Japan or Mexico or any other place? There is a lot of negotiations and planning going into setting things up for tours of this size.

I am trying to get to the March 1st or 2nd Buenos Aires Concert, going from NZ any idea if Ticketmaster in argentina will be the ticket stockist? Their website doesn't seem to be up and running. Is there a safer way of getting tickets. I will need to pick them up on the day of the concert as we don't arrive until the 28th.

Does anybody have information about The Japan dates? I've heard they will be here in Tokyo April 4th:wink:

PLEASE MELBOURNE U2 FANS

I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am not a huge U2 fan but i was told the following " If you don't witness a live U2 concert..you haven't lived." So a friend and i obviously want to live so we rang and logged on and lined up and finally bought 2 reserve tickets to the melbourne concert in March....

I now really want to get into the Music....What i would love is a setlist of the songs people thinks they will most probably play in the Melbourne Vertigo concert so i can learn those songs and sing a long at the concert... I know they will play one, and streets have no name....

What eLse

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....even the obvious ones they will play....

Thanks!!!

Hi Do you have any information on how to get U2 tickets for the Japan tour 2006 on 4th April? I believe you have to go into a lottery draw (ballot). I can't believe that so you can't buy tickets like the other shows. Unhappy :(

Bummer!! Are we looking in the wrong place or didn't anyone take a camera with them to Mexico City?? Let us know, thanks

Please Standby for Transmission:I read in the recent edition of Rolliing Stone Mag. about how the high fuel price's are effecting many band's who are touring now and in the near future.I'm guessing that the other reason U2 is not announcing the exact date's of the last leg of the Vertigo tour is because maybe they are leasing a fleet of sailing ship's to get them and stage equipment to Austailia,New Zealand etc. to cut down on fuel cost's.Since this voyage may take many month's it could be somewhat difficult to give exact date's for arrival time's(PRETTY MUCH WHAT I EXPERIENCED WHEN I TRAVELED BY AIRPLANE ON MY VACATION FROM CALIFORNIA TO CHICAGO SEVERAL WEEK'S AGO!!AVOID MIDWAY AIRPORT IN CHICAGO,UNLESS YOU HAVE A SLEEPING BAG!)especially if there ship's are attacked by Johnny Depp!Peace,the Rockmeister!

Another show in Sydney!

U2 have just announced another show at Telstra stadium in Sydney!! - check it out - ozsoundcheck.com.au/news.aspx?n=615

Very exciting!

PLease Standby for Transmission:Bizarre but true.Check out the image's from U2 Vertigo tour fan's from another dimension/planet!Go to www.cropcircleconnector.com click on image's for 2006.Then scroll down to image's for Early July.Next look at photo's taken of crop circle's on June 8th at Savernake Forest,nr Marlborough,Wiltshire.Now there's a bowl of cereal we can all chew on!Peace,the Rockmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
ROCKMEISTER said:
PLease Standby for Transmission:Bizarre but true.Check out the image's from U2 Vertigo tour fan's from another dimension/planet!Go to www.cropcircleconnector.com click on image's for 2006.Then scroll down to image's for Early July.Next look at photo's taken of crop circle's on June 8th at Savernake Forest,nr Marlborough,Wiltshire.Now there's a bowl of cereal we can all chew on!Peace,the Rockmeister

Not quite sure what this has to do with the tour so can we please stay on topic.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom